Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 207. (Read 499491 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Yeah, misplaced ?> ..

If you could remove that I'd appreciate it.  There's nothing sensitive in there anymore but I don't necessarily want the code posted publicly... but now you get to see some of the inner workings of the site Smiley

Yes, I know I'm a crappy coder, too! 

There's about 35 more files with at least the same amount of code if not more, too. 
Activity: 798
Good stuff Inaba.   I've switched over to Namecoin briefly to take advantage of that while it's possible, but I've got another card on the way that I'll be throwing your way next week Smiley
legendary
Very nice, thanks digger!  Looks pretty cool and a handy utility.

Getwork servers seem stable now and the scoring code is in place.  Hopefully no hiccups on the next block solve and I can start work on other features again.  Got a page and a half list of features to add!  And more graphs!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
you site been added "who found the bitcoin blocks?"

http://digbtc.com
legendary
Scoring code is in place... next block should process as a scored block.  It processed fine in testing, but the real test will be when the block solves.

Activity: 270
Or try this gui - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=10264.0

Has fallback support, and works with Phoenix which is the best part (I get an extra 40Mhash per card using the phoenix tweaks)

I'd love to but I haven't had any luck installing anything beyond Inaba's excellent guide so far.

If it weren't for his guide I probably would have sold my GPUs at a discount and given up.
Activity: 798
Or try this gui - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=10264.0

Has fallback support, and works with Phoenix which is the best part (I get an extra 40Mhash per card using the phoenix tweaks)
You can run another instance with '-f 50'. And point it to a different pool.

I'll give that a try until I can get the later version.

Thanks
legendary
The new scoring code is causing the getwork server to crash.  I'm resolving it now but I have to wait for it to crash to get the backtrace.  I noticed some memory leaks that due to what I believe was my failure to run garbage collection for the mysql results in the C code.  I added a bunch of garbage collection and it started crashing the server.  

Removing the garbage collection would keep the memory leaks happening, so I've had to work through the crashes.  I think I found the last bug just now ( I hope) and the server should be up and running just fine.  As soon as I press post, I'm sure it will crash.

On the upside, I will be dropping the scoring algorithm back into the code and this current block should be scored not proportional when it solves.

Sorry about the downtime.  There may need to be one to two more server restarts in the next 24 hours, but downtime should be less than 5 seconds each time.

I also increased the response of the website by about a 5x increase.  Let me know if there are any problems, but it should speed up everything, including block processing.
I know I don't have the latest version.  It is something with a 7b (I guess beta) and the latest is a higher number.

Have to as a stupid question here.  Do I need to remove my current poclbm before installing the new or just overwrite?

Thanks
Activity: 444
Merit: 254
Yeah, when my rig was at home, the fans slowing down would get my attention.
Come to think of it, I haven received my text.

And on this subject, if my command line is:
./poclbm.py --server=http://:@us.eclipsemc.com:8337 --worksize=128 -v -f 5 --device=1

how to I include the backup option?

I've tried a couple based on what I got from ./poclbm -h but nothing has worked so far.

You can run another instance with '-f 50'. And point it to a different pool.

So it will chuck along at very low hashrate. When the '-f 5' instance is not eating up GPU cycles, the '-f 50' will spring up to take over.

When the '-f 5' pool comes back to life, the '-f 50' will drop back to about 100kh/s (estimate).

So if you have 3 GPUs, you should be running 6 instances of poclbm.

Also, I'll pimp my site here www.btc-poolwatch.com .With this, you can monitor multiple pools easily and see how your multi-pool workers are performing.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

./poclbm.py --server=http://:@us.eclipsemc.com:8337 --worksize=128 -v -f 5 --device=1

I've tried a couple based on what I got from ./poclbm -h but nothing has worked so far.

you have to use the most recent poclbm, and the switch is --backup=

The exact format should be accessible using the --help switch. If that doesn't work I'll post you an example when I get home.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
one of my miners is a CPU miner...

Did you find a way to make CPU mining economical? To me it looks like a lot of watts for basically no solving power.  

Server has been down for 45 min not, at least my room is a little cool, that how I can tell when its down.  

Edit: back up now, just heard the gpu fans spin up
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
yeah what happened, its still down =(
2.83 GH/s

SOMEONE KICK THE SERVER!
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Pool seems to be restarting or something.. Been having connection issues to the pool..

http://www.statsco.in/bit/graph.php?node=D96SV48WU1
legendary
Hi Tarken, welcome.  I will respond to your PM this evening, I'd like to take time to properly respond instead of firing off a quick response.

Has the CPU miner submitted a share since you set it?  The failed threshold is based on the last time the system saw a share from a worker.

Thanks for your response and look forward to PM. Also, yeah the CPU has submitted multiple shares like 20 or so since Ive had it set at 20mins (which I did when I first created my account pretty much)

I just happened to notice it was still redding my CPU worker out at 10mins
legendary
Hi Tarken, welcome.  I will respond to your PM this evening, I'd like to take time to properly respond instead of firing off a quick response.

Has the CPU miner submitted a share since you set it?  The failed threshold is based on the last time the system saw a share from a worker.

In regard to scoring - the numbers are looking good.  I need to make some changes in the C code for the getwork server to accommodate a mid-round difficulty change and then a few tweak and we're good to go.  Barring a block solve before this evening, I'll drop the code back into the server and we'll be operating on scoring for this current block.
legendary
Just wanna reply and say I recently switched from deepbit to this pool and really enjoy this pool. I hope it continues to run for quite some time!

I dont know if you(Inaba) received my PM, please let me know, it had a few tips and questions in it!

I get my new 6950 tonight and it will replace my crappy nvidia card haha...just recently started mining!

Oh also, I just noticed... is the "minutes to consider failed" not working properly? I have a value of 20 in it and one of my miners is a CPU miner...its showing failed at 10mins...
Jump to: