Pages:
Author

Topic: 1/2/2014 Miners nightmare (Read 2307 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
so many
February 03, 2014, 11:18:07 AM
you think that's air your breathing?...

(its shitcoins)

Cheesy
RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
umachit.fund
February 03, 2014, 11:10:13 AM

[/quote]

Huntercoin is not a get rich quick pump/dump scam coin

[/quote]

I agree, huntercoin had some startup problems but is in no way comparable to the other coins mentioned in this thread. Snail provided adequate support and things worked out in the end.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
February 03, 2014, 10:51:35 AM
for those wanting to know the issue:

it was due to fast blocks/orphans, and blockchain reorg -

people died in one reality/dimension (fork), then another chain (reality) became the real one, so this person that died never died due to another chain of events.. this caused the problem -- the resurrection of the Hunter

sorry that other coins on launch did not have this problem lol

Guys this weekend brought us a true gem. If you haven't already checked out Huntercoin and played the super addicting strategy game within it, then you must do it now!

Shame tho that they messed up the launch, lots of people wasted hours of mining on forks.

Huntercoin is not a get rich quick pump/dump scam coin
RJX
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
umachit.fund
February 03, 2014, 10:48:58 AM
I agree! Lost some faith in the whole dealy after this weekend. It's nuts but human nature nowadays is ego-centered, thanks to television, peer-pressure and downright poverty.

From chaos comes order.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
February 03, 2014, 10:36:44 AM
Huntercoin had a small issue on launch lol

if you had waited a couple of hours it was "fixed" Smiley -- no one got instamine bar  a couple of miners who got approx 5k coins

huntercoin isn't a coin with 4 lines of code edited..

everyone lost coins who was mining the wrong fork -- am sorry for those wanting to instamine $$$ - in fact, this incident was probably the best thing the coin needed..

coin distribution is probably better than any other coin i know of (due to actual MANY players having to get coins).. not some big miners getting 100% of coins -- (miners only get 10% + 10% when a player banks + 4% of coins that are dropped when someone is killed Smiley )
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 03, 2014, 10:33:06 AM
BEN launched amazingly. Please don't include it with the flops
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
February 03, 2014, 10:28:59 AM
Yeah, well when you release a coin that is innovative and something that has never been done before, expect some glitches. As for the people crying about lost coins. Well, fuck them I lost a bunch too and I didn't say squat.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
February 03, 2014, 10:01:06 AM
Guys this weekend brought us a true gem. If you haven't already checked out Huntercoin and played the super addicting strategy game within it, then you must do it now!

Shame tho that they messed up the launch, lots of people wasted hours of mining on forks.
legendary
February 03, 2014, 09:46:23 AM

Activity: 126
legendary
February 02, 2014, 02:01:26 AM
Holy fuck! another one!!

KOI - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444716.new#new  - a fish with katanas and 34,848,484,848 premined coins. hahahah

When will this shitstorm be over?

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
February 02, 2014, 01:01:58 AM
and these devs make the number of coins higher and higher so they can say ".5"% premine and it ends up being 50% of coins available for the first 6 months...if any of the devs really beleived in their coins, they would take a very little bit, and keep it for years trying to grow something real, or invest their own money back into it like a real company. but this shit isnt real anymore, its not innovative, its just crap scams
February 02, 2014, 12:40:46 AM
Yes, hunter is not a scam, but had a failed launch. It is really an interesting coin, if they do a relaunch I will mine it. It's just, they (people behind the coin) can't even launch properly.

I agree. It just forked into a million places, and I would have happily mined that had it actually worked.

But everything else, wow. We really need some moderation passes of new alts from here on out. It's now gone completely retarded. New alts shouldn't be allowed to be posted until approved. And if any changes are made after launch, or something not made known beforehand (ie SaturnCoin's bullshit 666 million coin first block instamine), then IP ban.
+1
Activity: 644
February 02, 2014, 12:35:43 AM
Yes, hunter is not a scam, but had a failed launch. It is really an interesting coin, if they do a relaunch I will mine it. It's just, they (people behind the coin) can't even launch properly.

I agree. It just forked into a million places, and I would have happily mined that had it actually worked.

But everything else, wow. We really need some moderation passes of new alts from here on out. It's now gone completely retarded. New alts shouldn't be allowed to be posted until approved. And if any changes are made after launch, or something not made known beforehand (ie SaturnCoin's bullshit 666 million coin first block instamine), then IP ban.
February 02, 2014, 12:03:12 AM
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 02, 2014, 12:02:23 AM
and the exchanges allowing some of these coins on them are just as bad, i think half the exchanges are owned by people with gpu farms, so they collect coins at low difficultys
Nah
For the uninformed, you can pay cryptorush .25btc to list your coin if you're the developer.
It's that simple.

1. Make a scamcoin
2. Pay to admin of some shitty exchange
3. Do a huge premine

Easy money.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
February 01, 2014, 11:58:39 PM
of course hunter coin wasn't a scam, more just like a shambles. The saturn one = scam. The other one... didn't look at it, just a TIX clone i think with some mad buy it to kick it off.
February 01, 2014, 11:57:18 PM
the community can cripple whats going on by not allowing it to happen.
their needs to be some sort of rules for launching coins so not just anyone can make a coin premine it, go on an exchange and immediately dump it.
people need to stop investing in coins that dont have a legitamite pre-announcement and lots of info from the devs, these people arent even trying hard anymore and yall are still buying their crap.
and the exchanges allowing some of these coins on them are just as bad, i think half the exchanges are owned by people with gpu farms, so they collect coins at low difficultys then open up an exchange and dump, making millions
like mooncoin, who do you think was collecting coins while it was at the bottom of coinmarketcap.com trading for 1 satoshi...and all the sudden cryptsys gona accept MOON? REALLY?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 01, 2014, 11:54:19 PM
Everything is a scam these days. At least I've managed to make some money on saturncoin.
February 01, 2014, 11:51:29 PM
Greed will kill the alts. Even some good pools are supporting those coins. I will definitely be very careful with pools as well. I mean if they're making pools for those scammers maybe they are scammers as well.
Pages:
Jump to: