Pages:
Author

Topic: 134k unconfirmed transactions now. I'm starting to get really worried about this - page 10. (Read 5960 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 12

That's bad.
You sent a BTC transaction 2 days ago with a fee of $5 approx. and it hasn't been confirmed yet.

We don't recall seeing something like this in the past.
Bitcoin is in big trouble.

Yes, It sucks badly. I actually use btc for work making small payments to shops, receiving small payments. Now blockchain is asking for 1000/sat fee which is like 14$. Hope will improve but don't feel like it tbh.

Might be good for investors who are holding but us guys who just transfer/cashout/use with normal 50-500$ ammounts are getting shafted.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
It could be other parties than "the creators of BCH", could be governments or other officials ... so many of them don't like Bitcoin so it doesn't sound like this is going to get fixed unless something major is going to happen.

Look for who benefits, who can afford it and who has the ability.

All of the above point to Jihan Wu and friends and pretty much no one else.

Governments have much more important things to do and I believe Bitcoin can kill itself without state intervention.
Activity: 1842
Merit: 389
It's because the creators of BCH want you to abandon Bitcoin by spamming the blockchain to make it unusable. May was far higher in terms of arterial cloggage. It cleared eventually as will this too. You can do your part by tweeting a photo of your sphincter to Jihan Wu and Mr. Ver.  

Unconfirmed transactionsa re down to 16.000 but this is still a lot. They need to increase the block size one day before this problem damages the trust in BTC.

If the block size was increased they'd just spam it some more.

It could be other parties than "the creators of BCH", could be governments or other officials ... so many of them don't like Bitcoin so it doesn't sound like this is going to get fixed unless something major is going to happen.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Even I have done transaction set around 10$+ transaction fees even it took more than half a day for transaction confirmation it’s really making me worry about bitcoin may The action by bcc promoter but it’s not good sign at all.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
is there any graph showing the number of unconfirmed transactions over time over the pasts?
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
It's because the creators of BCH want you to abandon Bitcoin by spamming the blockchain to make it unusable. May was far higher in terms of arterial cloggage. It cleared eventually as will this too. You can do your part by tweeting a photo of your sphincter to Jihan Wu and Mr. Ver.  

Unconfirmed transactionsa re down to 16.000 but this is still a lot. They need to increase the block size one day before this problem damages the trust in BTC.

If the block size was increased they'd just spam it some more.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Activity: 1842
Merit: 389

That's bad.
You sent a BTC transaction 2 days ago with a fee of $5 approx. and it hasn't been confirmed yet.

We don't recall seeing something like this in the past.
Bitcoin is in big trouble.
Activity: 490
Merit: 256

We've been there many times before. We even had over 200k pending transactions and did it even make Bitcoin crash? Significantly no. It seems that some are attacking Bitcoin's weak spot at the moment in order for some people to find an alternative. Bitcoin had overcame this struggle before and it will do it again.
Activity: 448
Merit: 265
everyone get out from abandoned bitcoin boat , and join into bitcoin cash rocket ..
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
All switches or transactions from BTC to BCC will add to more unconfirmed transactions.
It is nice if your BTC is in the trading platform but what if your BTC is in your wallet, how can you switch?
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
Quick question, how long does it take to process a transaction with current level of unconfirmed transactions?   

it's being mined at about one block per hour, and one block handles around 2K transactions.  So with 100K  transactions backlogged, you can expect that to be about 50 hours.

if by "it" you are referring to bitcoin then you are mistaken. there are still the same 5-6 blocks per hour on average which is 1 every 10 minutes being mined. there was a gap about an hour ago which is normal and apart from that things were "near normal" meaning there are still 5-6 blocks being mined every hour like always with some drops in total daily. maybe 10-15 less out of 144.

By default bitcoin is supposed to release the hash and the block is mined as long as it is mathematically correct, you are right that is not always the case. I am a miner with about 6 machines, through this dilemma I was paid by nicehash. .048 bitcoin at the time of pending the value was $350 which is going down in value with every hour it sits limbo. so the ? is how long, it took over a week for the last one I had happen and the pool of unconfirmed was only 35000 transactions, maybe a few weeks if blocks are found with what is going on the the crypto world.

Activity: 34
BCH difficulty will increase 400% in less than 20 hours according to https://fork.lol/pow/retarget so miners will switch back to mining bitcoin and the memory pool will clear. If you have a stuck transaction and paid an adequate fee it should confirm soon after that.

Thanks for this.
Activity: 322
Merit: 253
Don't panic, it's just couple of groups that has special agenda on their hands. In the past we have seen more transaction spikes because some people are testing the blockchain if I remember correctly. When the BCC drama has ended, I'm pretty sure that Bitcoin is going to grow further.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
Most people are aware of the BCH pump

If you checked on the Blockchain Hashrate

We can clearly see that the Hashrate of Bitcoin from 11M is now 5.4M

More than 50% Of the Hashrate were flew to BCH hmm
Activity: 46
You mean all your BTC is frozen now? Even with all those hype transactions BCH is fast as shit.
It didnt take half an hour to have a small amount transferred from Poloniex to Bitfinex, fully confirmed and ready to go.
Though the fee still was more than I expected.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
BCH difficulty will increase 400% in less than 20 hours according to https://fork.lol/pow/retarget so miners will switch back to mining bitcoin and the memory pool will clear. If you have a stuck transaction and paid an adequate fee it should confirm soon after that.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
Quick question, how long does it take to process a transaction with current level of unconfirmed transactions?   

it's being mined at about one block per hour, and one block handles around 2K transactions.  So with 100K  transactions backlogged, you can expect that to be about 50 hours.

if by "it" you are referring to bitcoin then you are mistaken. there are still the same 5-6 blocks per hour on average which is 1 every 10 minutes being mined. there was a gap about an hour ago which is normal and apart from that things were "near normal" meaning there are still 5-6 blocks being mined every hour like always with some drops in total daily. maybe 10-15 less out of 144.
Activity: 196
Merit: 103
OMG if this unconfirmed transaction reaches into half a million and so on

Then many people will loose confidence in bitcoin.

This is bad. we better switch to other coins. stay away from btc as of the moment

137 K unconfirmed transaction and increasing  too fast!!!
Pages:
Jump to: