Pages:
Author

Topic: 1.49 stolen - page 2. (Read 3308 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 16, 2013, 12:07:17 PM
Where do all of you get infected with keyloggers?

LOL
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
December 16, 2013, 11:29:24 AM
That... is pretty fucking stupid.

Well something like that happened just 2 days ago for thousands of bitcointalk.org accounts. Ofc it was a dns server side hack but still anyone can fall victims of hackers no matter how clever they think they are.

Can you explain more in detail? You mean thousands of people enter into the wrong website?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 03, 2013, 09:25:56 PM
Hi there im new here sorry to hear that, its a good warning for us noobs!
Activity: 476
December 03, 2013, 08:20:06 PM

Well something like that happened just 2 days ago for thousands of bitcointalk.org accounts. Ofc it was a dns server side hack but still anyone can fall victims of hackers no matter how clever they think they are.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
December 03, 2013, 08:06:07 PM
just now 1.49 BTC was stolen from me. this is why bitcoin is not safe.

my account was on blockchain. i had a very long password with randomized characters letters capital and so own.
i had google authenticator. and yet they compromised 1.49 btc(all my bitcoins)

im fuking sad. i feel lik the bitcoin world spit me out like a loser.....

What you wanted to say is how dangerous bitcoin can be when their owners are not careful.
It sounds like you downloaded some crazy shit, and got a key-logger on your computer.  That's the fault of your own./

It seems that he entered his username and password in a phishing site. Doesn't matter in how many accounts he is using the same pass.

Activity: 16
December 03, 2013, 07:46:42 PM
I had 3.6 bitcoins stolen from my mt gox account before the security update requiring verification etc. The biggest tragedy for me by far is selling 650 btc for $20 a piece in feb. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try using a separate computer that is not online all the time to store your bitcoins, and also backup the wallet .dat file ( maybe on a usb drive). Do not leave your computer on unattended, I have seen my computer "surf" the web on its own, so people know how to use your computer when you're not there.

Another trick is to use several wallets you belive to be secure, ie. store the bulk of your coin offline and have some in a "hot wallet" for spending. But thruth be told, I recommend not spending bitcoins for a while, would like to see the price hit $10,000 or more per BTC. Refer back to this post when that day comes and be like "yeah, $10000, sweet, glad I stored my coins for a loooong time"
Activity: 476
December 03, 2013, 07:39:44 PM

my account was on blockchain. i had a very long password with randomized characters letters capital and so own.

Do you have the same password as any other account that you have?

It seems that he entered his username and password in a phishing site. Doesn't matter in how many accounts he is using the same pass.
Activity: 294
December 03, 2013, 08:44:34 AM

Do you have the same password as any other account that you have?
Activity: 2
December 03, 2013, 08:09:32 AM
Im sorry to hear that, hopefully everything will work out, good luck
Activity: 15
December 03, 2013, 08:01:37 AM
i think ill do same as Yntro Sad
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 03, 2013, 05:36:17 AM
I new to BitCoin and I don't have many though but even so I keep them save like my eye.. I had old PC which windows I rewrited in order to clear HD from key logers and so on. And I only use it to acess my wallet acc.. Smiley
Activity: 16
December 03, 2013, 05:06:30 AM
Sorry to hear that, your post makes me realise the importance of security and how i am not yet ready to buy bitcoins (need to learn more first). So you had a password generator for the site you were trading on and they still figured that out somehow?
Activity: 8
December 03, 2013, 04:45:55 AM
realy sick !  seems hard to get a safe bitcoin for the average user
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
December 03, 2013, 03:28:18 AM
sorry for your loss
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
November 29, 2013, 09:59:44 PM
Sorry for your loss man..
The way i do is the follow.. I backup my appdata/roaming/multibit and program files/multibit to some usb and when i want to do a transaction i put the maps on my pc and after the transaction i delete it (also the trashcan). In the beginning i had an account on blockchain, but wasnt really related to something.. just registered without any use but i forgot the pass there.. is the account on blockchain important? and do i use a proper way of backup/using?
Activity: 8
November 29, 2013, 09:59:02 PM
Having precious files or worse precious wallets on a Windows computer is almost asking to get stolen.
This remind me of my student time. If your where to plus a newly installed windows on the local network, you couldn't get the security update fast enough to have the slightest chance of keeping you system "ms-safe".
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
November 29, 2013, 09:58:42 PM
 Shocked Oh no! Sorry, it would mean a lot to me too.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
November 29, 2013, 09:01:56 PM
Is it really that easy to steal from a blockchain wallet?

Did the OP download something malicious? or could it have been as simple as a bad link?

Phishing attacks works well if you dont have two factor authorization for sending your BTC
Activity: 15
November 29, 2013, 08:58:37 PM
Ouch...that sucks...this is why it's very important to have an up-to-date AntiVirus and Firewall program. My recommendation is Comodo Firewall and Comodo Antivirus (google them). These are by far the most updated Internet security programs I've used and they're completely free. Sidenote: you might want to check all settings for Comodo Firewall, as it can scan files in the cloud, which if you're on a data cap, could cause some unnecessary usage. My secondary recommendations are AVG and Avast, both are free and do a decent job. Disclaimer I'm in no way trying to push Comodo/AVG/Avast, I genuinely use Comodo and recommend it to anyone that's looking for a free AV.

Edit: Nevermind I read that you were already using an AV and firewall...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 29, 2013, 08:52:45 PM
Is it really that easy to steal from a blockchain wallet?

Did the OP download something malicious? or could it have been as simple as a bad link?
Pages:
Jump to: