Pages:
Author

Topic: $1500 budget, im torn in choices on miners - page 2. (Read 1839 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
December 11, 2015, 03:31:05 AM
Do you live in an apartment? if so then noise will be an issue and you can forget the S4/S5/S7.

Either more S2/S3 or get an Avalon 4.1/6
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 11, 2015, 03:25:59 AM
the choice is easy , with free electricity the efficient does not matter anymore, instead what it matter is the initial investment, to speed up the roi

also i would avoid buying too many miners, like you had in the past(9 s3) they waste plenty of space, the s5+ instead seems out of your budget
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 10, 2015, 11:34:19 PM
ive been scorned by spondoolies and i have 10 antminers (1 s5 and 9 s3) now. with my budget im either stuck at getting two s4's (not having to buy a psu) for roughly 1300 for 4th or spend 1700 on an s7. going the s5 route, your spending roughly 400 on the miner plus another 80ish on a server psu and that lands you at 3.4ish th

my situation is a little different, i do truly have free electric i just dont want to abuse it. i had a sp30 running and sold it my bill is used to the <3000 watts running.

with an s4, i could potentially use the leftover to buy more btc as well.

if you have other ideas, im wide open.

Being in a similar situation as you, i set a smallish # of AMP(@120v sadly) i'm willing to put toward mining and after having maxed it with small miners, i'm left having to offline some miners to online  new one, so in this case i would save up for a S7.

If you have plenty of room on your electric grid, i would go for S5's at 300$ish + shipping, i prefer them over S4 for modding down the noise and better efficiency, also easy to overclock stable. (You can change the fans for the S4 but its annoying to "extract" and then open up, then merge the long wires with the new fans.)

The S5's are also a good middle ground between efficiency and hashrate density.

At the moment i'm torn between S5, S5+ single "cube" and S7. It will depend on the deals i can get.

I am lucky my miner area has 100 amp which has always worked for me.  I have an additional 200 amp for house where I can put some if I ever run that much.  But so far 100 amp has always been enough for me.

I can say the S5+ was one the greatest least talked about miners.  I love mine and would not trade it. But with one batch limited it is less sellers so not as much competition on price.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
December 10, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
ive been scorned by spondoolies and i have 10 antminers (1 s5 and 9 s3) now. with my budget im either stuck at getting two s4's (not having to buy a psu) for roughly 1300 for 4th or spend 1700 on an s7. going the s5 route, your spending roughly 400 on the miner plus another 80ish on a server psu and that lands you at 3.4ish th

my situation is a little different, i do truly have free electric i just dont want to abuse it. i had a sp30 running and sold it my bill is used to the <3000 watts running.

Being in a similar situation as you, i set a smallish # of AMP(@120v sadly) i'm willing to put toward mining and after having maxed it with small miners, i'm left having to offline some miners to online  new one, so in this case i would save up for a S7.

If you have plenty of room on your electric grid, i would go for S5's at 300$ish + shipping, i prefer them over S4 for modding down the noise and better efficiency, also easy to overclock stable. (You can change the fans for the S4 but its annoying to "extract" and then open up, then merge the long wires with the new fans.)

The S5's are also a good middle ground between efficiency and hashrate density.

At the moment i'm torn between S5, S5+ single "cube" and S7. It will depend on the deals i can get.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
December 10, 2015, 05:23:30 PM
Hmm an interesting one. I would look to the future when you will need to want to make the most Hash for your available power and go for an S7 or an Avalon6 dependant on your preference.

Rich
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
December 10, 2015, 04:18:39 PM

Pages:
Jump to: