Pages:
Author

Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool - page 12. (Read 2591630 times)

Activity: 818
Merit: 1006
I'm mining on p2pool\p2pool and p2pool\jtoomim (S3 miner set to load balance). The share dificulty of the pools are very different. On p2pool I have 34 shares in 3 days, but on jtoomim I dont have any shares over the last 3 days and my projected BTC is 0. The exspected time to share is only 8.6 hours.

The initial share difficulty on p2pool/jtoomim is by default higher due to a bug I ran into with nodes with very high hashrate. If you have low hashrate (e.g. less than 3TH/s), it can be a good idea to manually set the difficulty by adding something like +512/65536 after your Bitcoin address in the stratum username field.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26151135
legendary
Activity: 1308
Merit: 1011
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
looking at two miners one with 30 Th/s and the other almost 1 Th/s and in the past 12 hours, the first one (30Th/s) has 20 shares and the other one (1 Th/s) has also 20 shares
Share difficulty is adjusted based on hashrate. Also, the interface you're looking at will always display the most recent 20 shares no matter how many total there are.

Also, the node running at p2pool.org is overloaded and has poor performance (efficiency at 70%), so it is recommended that you run your own node or at least use a node with a faster CPU.

Yeah  Shocked When someone is investing couple of thousand dollars into mining they should afford average office PC with cheap quadcore, to set up Bitcoin Core + p2pool there. I wouldn't mine to remote node far away, there is too much losses on the wire, comparing what you can have if you mine to your local node.

Agreed, its intended as a backup pool or as a place to give p2pool a try, its primary purpose is the data it provides for the pool at large.

From the site:
Code:
By design P2Pool is intended to be run locally by the miner, and this is almost always the most efficient method.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
James , nice work! Glad to see more people getting involved in p2pool. Someone recently came up with a p2pool LTC node list/scanner. He is still working on it, but its impressive to me! http://mine.demon.nl/ltc-nodelist.html

If any one wants to join a discord channel that is pretty active and a majority of active users are p2pool miners / node operators, pm me and I will send you link. I've been in the mIRC #p2pool channel, seems dead personally.
Activity: 11
I'v also just finished a python script to trigger the donate to miners as detailed on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool#Donating_to_P2Pool_miners

I don't have bitcoin to test this with but if anyone's willing to give it a go the details are below. The BTC addresses are assigned to different accounts and a cron job monitors their balance. When it is at or above 0.005 it will trigger the sendmany command and payout to 0.0001. Any remaining balance is allocated at random (see the wiki).

Donate to the pool

If you would like to support the miners currently active in either pool please send a BTC donation to one of the addresses below. Your donation will be distributed fairly amongst the miners within that pool, using the payment method detailed on the wiki.

P2Pool\P2Pool - 1KvL1pzHzkF6HR2BwoBi12UQUg7N1GtDYV
P2Pool\Jtoomim - 1AZ5VJkgsTtvUMYQZ3JRGLRZ6VxqsrcPVw

I appreciate that this is a feature that may not be used all that much these days. I just thought this may make it more accessible for those who don't run a p2pool node.

James.
Activity: 11
Hi All,

I'm mining on p2pool\p2pool and p2pool\jtoomim (S3 miner set to load balance). The share dificulty of the pools are very different. On p2pool I have 34 shares in 3 days, but on jtoomim I dont have any shares over the last 3 days and my projected BTC is 0. The exspected time to share is only 8.6 hours.

I'm worried I've missed something. Is there anything I should check?

p2pool - http://www.mine4.com:9332/static/
jtoomim - http://www.mine4.com:9334/static/

Thank you.
James.

(My pool is getting close to being ready for testing. Just waiting on being assigned another static IP from my ISP. If your in or close to the UK and fancy giving it a go please let me know how you get on. www.mine4.com)
Activity: 12
Post number 1 will get you started, and the  docs on p2pool github...... then there are over 800 pages of development...  Wink P2Pool does take a little research to get up and running.... but I like the distributed network without throwing my hash power to Antpool.

regards,
Activity: 35
looking at two miners one with 30 Th/s and the other almost 1 Th/s and in the past 12 hours, the first one (30Th/s) has 20 shares and the other one (1 Th/s) has also 20 shares
Share difficulty is adjusted based on hashrate. Also, the interface you're looking at will always display the most recent 20 shares no matter how many total there are.

Also, the node running at p2pool.org is overloaded and has poor performance (efficiency at 70%), so it is recommended that you run your own node or at least use a node with a faster CPU.

I just looked again and still the second miner is performing better.

I use antminers S7 and the way I connect them to P2P pool is by writing the URL and my BTC address on it but I do not know how to run my own node or to know to which node I am connected to. Is there any tutorial how to do that?

Thanks
@sero2kk

Your rpc connection error seems very familiar to the LTC error I was having that this update corrected

https://github.com/ilsawa/p2pool-ltc/commit/2af67a8cc7d0c498479f080f0652e02c4c826497

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

Yeah  Shocked When someone is investing couple of thousand dollars into mining they should afford average office PC with cheap quadcore, to set up Bitcoin Core + p2pool there. I wouldn't mine to remote node far away, there is too much losses on the wire, comparing what you can have if you mine to your local node.

Activity: 4
Please let me know if you plan on running a BCH node with high uptime so I can add you to the DNS seeds list
Please add to BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS:
Code:
p2pool.alard.pro
My nodes BTC, BCH, DASH, LTC - p2pool.alard.pro
Activity: 35
Hi All,

I just joined the pool, however, I notice that there is something wrong just by looking at two miners one with 30 Th/s and the other almost 1 Th/s and in the past 12 hours, the first one (30Th/s) has 20 shares and the other one (1 Th/s) has also 20 shares  Shocked

I hope I am wrong but there is unfair advantage in which the second miner seems he can accumulate shares with very low hash rate then when a block found he unfairly receives a lot of bitcoins comparing to the first miner and to make things look fair in pool statistics, he increase his hashing rate to a very high number equivalent to his earning as soon as the a block found.  Angry

First Miner: http://p2pool.org/stats/miner.php?id=1AYgpQEgKAeYBjYHa1ig9cmDNtztLrkNrV

Second Miner: http://p2pool.org/stats/miner.php?id=1KJxyw98ehK7ib3TrQ9afXSnS5YjNC9w9J

Can Anyone answer my question?

Thank you
also, anyone work on setting up p2pool Verge(scrypt)?
Activity: 16
hello,

i´m running p2pool bitcoin, litecoin, sibcoin and dash. all works fine.

but now i want to setup a quarkcoin p2pool and if i want test the pool with:

Code:
python run_p2pool.py --net quarkcoin myRPCuser myRPCpassword

i allways get this message:

Code:
2017-12-24 10:14:31.029922 p2pool (version 13.2-16-g69aadfa)                                                                       
2017-12-24 10:14:31.030025                                                                                                        
2017-12-24 10:14:31.030140 Testing bitcoind RPC connection to 'http://127.0.0.1:11972/' with username 'myRPCuser'...                
Error while checking Bitcoin connection:                                                                                          
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                
Failure: twisted.internet.error.ConnectionRefusedError: Connection was refused by other side: 111: Connection refused.

i´m using this p2pool for quarkcoin:

my ~/.quarkcoin/quarkcoin.conf looks lite this:

Code:
rpcuser=myRPCuser                                                                                                              
rpcpassword=myRPCpassword                                                                        
server=1                                                                                                                          
daemon=1                                                                                                                          
maxconnections=80                                                                                                                  
gen=1                                                                                                                              
genproclimit=-1

so now i changed my config and did a second test:

new ~/.quarkcoin/quarkcoin.conf:

Code:
rpcuser=myRPCuser                                                                                                                    
rpcpassword=myRPCpassword                                                                          
server=1                                                                                                                          
daemon=1                                                                                                                          
listen=1                                                                                                                          
maxconnections=80                                                                                                                  
gen=1                                                                                                                              
genproclimit=-1                                                                                                                    
rpcport=8372                                                                                                                      
port=8373

i tried to run with:

Code:
python run_p2pool.py --net quarkcoin --bitcoind-rpc-port 8372 --bitcoind-p2p-port 8373 myRPCuser myRPCpassword

and got this message:

Code:
2017-12-24 13:52:39.311194 p2pool (version 13.2-16-g69aadfa)                                                                       
2017-12-24 13:52:39.311408                                                                                                        
2017-12-24 13:52:39.311598 Testing bitcoind RPC connection to 'http://127.0.0.1:8372/' with username 'myRPCuser'...                
2017-12-24 13:52:39.398251 >     Check failed! Make sure that you're connected to the right Client with --bitcoind-rpc-port!      
2017-12-24 13:52:40.408582 >     Check failed! Make sure that you're connected to the right Client with --bitcoind-rpc-port!      
2017-12-24 13:52:41.413383 >     Check failed! Make sure that you're connected to the right Client with --bitcoind-rpc-port!      

thanks for any help...

(Moderator note: This post was edited by frodocooper to replace the quote tags used for the command-line entries and the log outputs with code tags.)
I did receive two payouts from LTC today.

I had to apply two patches to my LTC code to get it to work properly, referenced in these threads:

https://github.com/ilsawa/p2pool-ltc/commit/2af67a8cc7d0c498479f080f0652e02c4c826497
and
https://github.com/p2pool/p2pool/issues/241

Thank you for this info, I will give it a try. Maybe we can get 1TH on p2pool LTC? =D
I did receive two payouts from LTC today.

I had to apply two patches to my LTC code to get it to work properly, referenced in these threads:

and
https://github.com/p2pool/p2pool/issues/241

Also,
Once my code is working and tested with altcoins (e.g. Litecoin), I will submit a pull request and ask forrestv to merge it in.

This would be fantastic.
Currently in a nasty drought on LTC p2pool. Of course the last block we hit ended up be an orphan, or invalid?
Check your .litecoin/debug.log file and search for the block's hash. If it was invalid, the debug.log should say so. If it was valid, your debug.log should say something else, like UpdateTip (if you mined this block before your local node had heard of any other blocks). Feel free to post part of the log if you want help analyzing it. `grep -C 20 ~/.litecoin/debug.log` will find all lines that are within 20 lines of a line containing .

Also, when will there be talk again of finally merging the two BTC p2pool nets?
Once my code is working and tested with altcoins (e.g. Litecoin), I will submit a pull request and ask forrestv to merge it in.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Amazing. On jtoomimnet BTC, transaction fees are almost equal to the block subsidy:
Code:
Current block value: 24.32189198 BTC Expected time to block: 17.2 days

Mainnet BTC, for comparison:
Code:
Current block value: 19.10029498 BTC Expected time to block: 75.5 days

If you like stats. You could measure how long it takes
to put all your shares on the sharechain.
Currently in a nasty drought on LTC p2pool. Of course the last block we hit ended up be an orphan, or invalid? Not sure which, but I know no payout =] https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ltc/block.dws?1336553.htm How do you figure out what went wrong?

Also, when will there be talk again of finally merging the two BTC p2pool nets? I think one needs to end, and finally put the two nets together. Now I am no programmer, but I feel I have a decent understanding over mechanics of p2pool. It is quite confusing to any new miners on what p2pool is already, so hearing about two different network adds to the confusion and seems to be a turn off. After seeing a BTC block today that was almost 25 BTC with fees and a LTC block at 36 LTC, I think p2pool really has a chance at attracting more miners if they see the lost revenue. I say combine the nets, and lets get p2pool going again. I'm going to continue pushing decentralized mining on p2pool networks as much as I can. May the blocks be with you....
Pages:
Jump to: