Pages:
Author

Topic: [150TH] [PPLNS 0.5%] Jonny's Mining Emporium (bravo-mining.com) - page 39. (Read 267195 times)

Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Let's have a block party weekend Smiley.  Everyone who finds a block this weekend will get a 1BTC bonus from me.  Runs from now until 23:59:59 EDT on 5/1/2016.

Want to add to kicker to that? If the winning share is 5T or larger, another 1 coin bonus?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Let's have a block party weekend Smiley.  Everyone who finds a block this weekend will get a 1BTC bonus from me.  Runs from now until 23:59:59 EDT on 5/1/2016.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
I got 10Th going for the next 3 days. Then coin i got need to pay hosting soon.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
I was considering getting a "hashing party" going to kick off the weekend...

Are there any contests going on that I'm unaware of?

Or -- would it be "just for fun"...

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
borachinua using up that 3btc he was given this week huh? Can't catch ya brotha! haha

Yup - giving it back to the pool.  It's all done now though.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
For you guys that are using Rozo's referral... did you create a new NH account?  If not, is there a way to use his referral with your current account?  Obviously I rent from time to time and if I can help out, I will Smiley
I had never rented before, so I clicked his link and created an account.  What happens if you click it, does it take you to your account?  If so try a small rental and see if he gets it.

Speak of a small rental, 18TH for a few hours incoming.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
For you guys that are using Rozo's referral... did you create a new NH account?  If not, is there a way to use his referral with your current account?  Obviously I rent from time to time and if I can help out, I will Smiley

The failover are at expected times, it doesn't lose connection. It just does not come back when the pool comes back online.

I'll check the firmware, but it has never been a problem before. It is not really a big deal, but it is just strange. I just need to keep an eye on it a make sure it is working where it is supposed to.

Weird... I've seen that happen quite a bit with the Bitmain hardware, but haven't ever experienced with my Avalons.  Phil, you've got some experience with the Avalons as well... any ideas?

I have had that happen two in a daisy chain. One would rollover and come back the other would not.
The gui would show the two miner's at jonny's pool or Kano's but either pool would only only show one.

The gear was hashing spending power and no pool was giving credit for it.

The way I got past it was use two rasp pi's . The lost hash has not happened.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
borachinua using up that 3btc he was given this week huh? Can't catch ya brotha! haha
Activity: 200
Merit: 103
Hello Bitcoin World!!
I've got about 11 hours left on this 500th rental  Wink

maybe I'll get lucky and get my first block using a rental Grin
Hello Bitcoin World!!

The failover are at expected times, it doesn't lose connection. It just does not come back when the pool comes back online.

I'll check the firmware, but it has never been a problem before. It is not really a big deal, but it is just strange. I just need to keep an eye on it a make sure it is working where it is supposed to.

Weird... I've seen that happen quite a bit with the Bitmain hardware, but haven't ever experienced with my Avalons.  Phil, you've got some experience with the Avalons as well... any ideas?

Thx philipma1957 for using my link. I've been so busy lately I haven't even had a chance to try to fix my broken minor. But based on these tests and my research apparently I only get credit if you create an account with my link, useing your old Acc does not work =((

Thank you everybody for using the link=)
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool

Weird... I've seen that happen quite a bit with the Bitmain hardware, but haven't ever experienced with my Avalons.  Phil, you've got some experience with the Avalons as well... any ideas?
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
Hi,
I notice that the  "est. earnings" is missing from the pool.....will it come back? i like to look at it from tim to time :-)
not that i would like to sound greedy, but is there a bonus at this time?

Anyhow, love this pool, been aboard since block 2,  now ony with rented hash, since my miner broke down.
Been renting @MRR, could someone advice on renting @NH? is it better? how does it work?
Thanks for any tips or tricks!

Keep u the good work.
dennishh

Here is my video how to rent @NH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6JLjDc22P0

use the link at the bottom of my post to create account if you don't mind please I get credit for it

running  one under your referral  F #1232956

can you send a pm on the referral program. I have a few questions
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
The A6 that I have mining here shows the pool dead occasionally, and won't reconnect to it unless I restart cgminer. It stays on the failover pool. Anyone have any idea why?

That I don't know... I have 8xA6 pointed here and they reconnect and stay connected without issue.  For example, the last time they failed over to my backup pool was on Monday when I shut down the stratum servers because my datacenter had the switch issue.  When I fired them back up, all of my A6 came right back.

When was the last time your A6 showed the pool as dead and didn't fail back over properly?  Are you on the latest firmware?

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Hi,
I notice that the  "est. earnings" is missing from the pool.....will it come back? i like to look at it from tim to time :-)

Anyhow, love this pool, been aboard since block 2,  now ony with rented hash, since my miner broke down.
Been renting @MRR, could someone advice on renting @NH? is it better? how does it work?

Keep u the good work.
dennishh

use the link at the bottom of my post to create account if you don't mind please I get credit for it

Thanks Rozo!!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
On NH, there is no guaranteed hashing time.  Your order can be outbid and go to zero speed.  Your order might never get to the hash you want.  Or, it might be way over the speed you want.  The point is, with NH you pay for a number of hashes.  How long it takes to get to that number is not relevant to them.
I started a small 77TH rental last night before I went to bed, but when I woke up I had an email that it had been canceled due to inactivity or something, which I think means I was outbid.  Of course it cancelled when I had 0.008BTC left in my wallet and the min. rental you can do is 0.01BTC and my bitcoin core is still syncing so no refills until that's done.  I even cleaned out the dust on my phone wallet to get that rental going last night since that was the only funds I had available, renting is fun!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
I'm sorry....i have one more question. What does variance percentage say?
User Name   Round Shares   Round %   PPLNS Shares   PPLNS Round %   Variance   Amount

dennishh   3,285,907,700   1.65              9,536,908,973   1.12           67.68   0.28103430

Most miners have 100% and i have less, while others have +200%

What does this say about my miner/hashes?
Thanks in advance! No rush....just like to learn:-)
Dennishh
Sure... the variance is a reflection of shares to find the block, total PPLNS shares, your round shares and your round PPLNS shares.  You can calculate it yourself from the information provided on the round statistics page as follows:
Code:
(100 / ((( 100 / Block Shares) * Your Valid Round Shares) / (( 100 / total PPLNS shares) * Your valid PPLNS round shares)))

If I use your specific numbers:
Code:
(100 / ((( 100 / 199,254,758,327 ) * 3,285,907,700) / (( 100 / 854,454,685,924 ) * 9,536,908,973 ))) = 67.67967218880735

Hope that helps Smiley
Hello Bitcoin World!!
Hi,

Keep u the good work.
dennishh

I'm sorry....i have one more question. What does variance percentage say?
User Name   Round Shares   Round %   PPLNS Shares   PPLNS Round %   Variance   Amount

dennishh   3,285,907,700   1.65              9,536,908,973   1.12           67.68   0.28103430

Most miners have 100% and i have less, while others have +200%

What does this say about my miner/hashes?
Thanks in advance! No rush....just like to learn:-)
Dennishh
NH is simple.  You choose either the WH proxy (located in San Jose, CA) or the NH proxy (located in Amsterdam).  Then you choose the algorithm (SHA256).  Now, you just plug in how much you want to spend in total, how much you want to pay for the hash, and how much hash you want.  Put in the pool details and create the order.

The primary difference between NH and MRR is in the way you get your hashing power.  On NH, there is no guaranteed hashing time.  Your order can be outbid and go to zero speed.  Your order might never get to the hash you want.  Or, it might be way over the speed you want.  The point is, with NH you pay for a number of hashes.  How long it takes to get to that number is not relevant to them.

With MRR, you pay for time.  You rent a rig for a set amount of time.  If that rig happens to hash higher than expected, lucky you.  If not... well, hopefully either the rig owner increases your rental time, or MRR refunds you for the difference.

Each has their own advantages.  MRR for when you know "I want exactly X hashing for exactly Y time".  NH for "I want to get N total hashes and don't care how long it takes to get them".

One advantage I will give to NH - your order is very mutable.  What I mean by that is you can cancel it at any time.  You can refill it at any time.  You can change the price you're paying, or the hash limit.  On MRR, once you've picked your rig and rented - that's it unless something catastrophic happens and either the order is auto-canceled because it didn't give you advertised hash in the first 20 minutes, or you complain loudly enough to MRR support and they cancel it.

Thank you Jonny,

Again very clear to me, going to look in to it :-)
Hope next blocks will be found sooner as last one, but it's all in the game!
Cheers and have a great day!
legendary
Mine at Jonny's Pool
NH is simple.  You choose either the WH proxy (located in San Jose, CA) or the NH proxy (located in Amsterdam).  Then you choose the algorithm (SHA256).  Now, you just plug in how much you want to spend in total, how much you want to pay for the hash, and how much hash you want.  Put in the pool details and create the order.

The primary difference between NH and MRR is in the way you get your hashing power.  On NH, there is no guaranteed hashing time.  Your order can be outbid and go to zero speed.  Your order might never get to the hash you want.  Or, it might be way over the speed you want.  The point is, with NH you pay for a number of hashes.  How long it takes to get to that number is not relevant to them.

With MRR, you pay for time.  You rent a rig for a set amount of time.  If that rig happens to hash higher than expected, lucky you.  If not... well, hopefully either the rig owner increases your rental time, or MRR refunds you for the difference.

Each has their own advantages.  MRR for when you know "I want exactly X hashing for exactly Y time".  NH for "I want to get N total hashes and don't care how long it takes to get them".

One advantage I will give to NH - your order is very mutable.  What I mean by that is you can cancel it at any time.  You can refill it at any time.  You can change the price you're paying, or the hash limit.  On MRR, once you've picked your rig and rented - that's it unless something catastrophic happens and either the order is auto-canceled because it didn't give you advertised hash in the first 20 minutes, or you complain loudly enough to MRR support and they cancel it.
Pages:
Jump to: