Pages:
Author

Topic: 15BTC to fix problem with python/openssl on Win7 for stock market client[PAID] - page 2. (Read 11710 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
since we've not heard from S3052 since this message it's safe to assume he's been killed by his machine in the process.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
The OpenSSL Windows build wants a specific version of the VC++ 2008 redistributable. I would recommend removing the existing redistributable, installing this one, then installing OpenSSL, then reinstalling (or updating) any other necessary MS components.

64-bit
32-bit

thanks.

Before I start this, should I remove ALL of the redistributables (just to ensure I dont crash my entire system..)
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
Hi Reto,

i did exactly what you described. I have windows 7 64 bit. I changed the windows settings, added the additional info on the path.

Then, unfortunately the OpenSSL 32 light installation stopped at the same point as before. (should I reboot before trying that?)

Perhaps I soon need to uninstall other OpenSSL versions, in line with what "error" described.
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
I had this problem, and I managed to find a solution.

The installation of OpenSSL freezes because it doesn't have rights to modify the Windows PATH.

So that means, you need to add it manually.

On Windows 7, you would open the Start Menu, right click Computer, and select Properties.
Open "Advanced System Settings."
Click "Environment Variables."
Look for PATH, and click Edit.
At the beginning, add: C:\OpenSSL-Win32 and end it with a semicolon. No spaces.

Example:

C:\OpenSSL-Win32;C:\(otherstuff)...

It may be different with a 64 bit OS, but I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and using the 32 bit version of OpenSSL fine.

OpenSSL should be working after this, I was able to compile Namecoin on Windows.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
error's likely correct.

but have you considered using a pure python SSL/TLS implementation?

http://trevp.net/tlslite/

It'd solve (AFAIK) all possible "platform" issues, and can use native code if it's installed.

I'd have a go myself for a bounty, but this one I can't work at, having no Win7 x64 workstation.

--

handy post? tips welcome 1GuUFxdQMCpdKeLte33q7vgt7Qr5f58VCk
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
The OpenSSL Windows build wants a specific version of the VC++ 2008 redistributable. I would recommend removing the existing redistributable, installing this one, then installing OpenSSL, then reinstalling (or updating) any other necessary MS components.

64-bit
32-bit
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
We want the client for our exchange to work on Windows, Linux and OSX, right now it works fine on Linux and Windows (OSX has yet to be tackled) except for (some) Windows 7 64bit edition.

We will pay 15btc to whoever is able to find a solution to this problem, and the perfect test case is S3052, as he's got this exact system and cannot run the glbse.com client.

See this thread for more details.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stock-exchange-testing-round-3-6500

The normal install process available here
https://gitorious.org/black-market/pages/Windows

And some more conversation details about S3052's problem, I think BitterTea was having the same problem.

After some more investigation.. it seems I cant install any OpenSSL program.

There is always an error message before trying to install
"The Win32 OpenSSL Installation Project setup has detected that the following critical component is missing:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributables
Win32 OpenSSl will nor function properly without this component. It is recommended that you install the missing component before clicking "OK" to continue."

If this is one of the error messages you mentioned I should ignore, then this is maybe not the problem.

BUT: Whatever I try the installation of OpenSSl stops somewhere before finalization and then the setup crashes and I can then only kill the operation with the task manager.

There is one more option about where to copy the OpenSSl DLLs to:
1) The windows system directory
2) The OpenSSl binaries (/bin) directory

I always went with the default. Should I try the other one?

In a nutshell, no OpenSSL could be installed on my laptop. I also tried others from the internet and neither worked. I even tried a OpenSSl64bit version and installation failed in the same way.

here are all the versions of Microsoft Visual C++ that I have installed

I installed it.

Unfortunately, I could not successfully install OpenSSL afterwards...

I am about to throw my laptop out of the window.
Pages:
Jump to: