Pages:
Author

Topic: 1991 Electronics -> 2014 Smartphone. 2014 Banking -> 2018 Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
bitcoin in 2018 at least $100k

-image snipped-

Yeah, linear increases while easy for idiots to understand are not exactly a realistic expectation at all. To be brutally honest, we'll probably see an exponential decrease in the valuation of Bitcoin as time passes until we hit a point of long-term stability. There just isn't enough continually newly generated demand to support the idea of a linear increase.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I wish, but I think it'll take many more years. Unless there's a lot of inflation of USD, of course. What really matters is the purchasing power, not the value in USD.

So what makes the purchasing power of 1BTC higher?
Activity: 97
cool where can i get a bitcoin credit card and mortgage?

In the crypto-libertarian utopia of the future free of statists, you will not be a debt slave anymore!

Yes! One of the biggest misunderstandings people have about the financial services industry is the notion that somehow loans and credit are useful absent a fractional reserve banking system. They don't realize that if we just got rid of fractional reserve banking, no one would need to borrow money as everyone would be much wealthier.
Activity: 175

In the crypto-libertarian utopia of the future free of statists, you will not be a debt slave anymore!

I'd guess there's a large % of this forum in college. What % of those aren't using student loans?
Activity: 140

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 594
Merit: 506
Bitcoin or at least blockchain technology is the future. There's no doubt about it!
Activity: 96
Its not gonna happen until the developing and developed countries both start transacting in terms of bitcoins. That is international trade.
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Activity: 50
You associate 1991 with electronics??? Try 1961

The triode vacuum tube was invented in 1907
Activity: 112
We Have To Stop The IMC!
i don't think that  Huh
GTA
Activity: 90
The Twitter id says it all: @bitpump.

Bitcoiners aren't even trying to hide it anymore
Activity: 235
You associate 1991 with electronics??? Try 1961
Activity: 53
Merit: 12
The Twitter id says it all: @bitpump.
Activity: 14
I am so intrigued....
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

I wish, but I think it'll take many more years. Unless there's a lot of inflation of USD, of course. What really matters is the purchasing power, not the value in USD.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
If bitcoin will reach 100,000 in 2018 half of this forum will be on holidays for the rest of their life.

no I'll still be here working full time to promote - money doesn't change us cryptocurrency types to spend less on the boards :p
legendary
By the time btc becomes mainstream, I'm sure there will be a lot of wealthy people on this forum Wink

Adoption will take time though, there's still a lot of infrastructure needed before the general public get involved.

To be widely used, it should be much more easy to use, just like credit cards. Its use won't explode until that happens. It's also essential that people realize that's much better than fiat, for everyone: customers, producers, investors.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
By the time btc becomes mainstream, I'm sure there will be a lot of wealthy people on this forum Wink

Adoption will take time though, there's still a lot of infrastructure needed before the general public get involved.
legendary
To be honest, I don't think that banking itself can be obliterated by Bitcoin in 4 years! Banking offers services that still need to be offered by someone, even when Bitcoin is around. We still need lending services and loans for example. But I guess some things may be obsolete, that's true!

Lending services and loans could also be made with Bitcoins. It will be offered when there's enough demand for it.
Pages:
Jump to: