Pages:
Author

Topic: 2 BTC bounty for identification of a person in a picture (Read 2021 times)

Activity: 601
Merit: 500
Vote 4fryn :)
I dont think youll be able to identify him unless you spam the image all over the internet looking for someone who knows him closely AND is willing to sell you his info. good luck Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
With all due respect, is that the only image that u have?

any information or details that you can share?

Shoot me a private message. I thnk i can help

Sick account you got there. 20 activity yet 6 minus rating. I bet you can help, but only yourself Wink
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Sucks the scammer got away with it for the time being.  Good luck getting this guy and your coins back.
Activity: 500
Merit: 250
Adpinbr, answer my private message or skype, lol. I started to help this man, I found him a lot of information, he paid a small amount bitcoin. then stopped responding to my messages, although adpinbr appears on the forum. I don't think adpinbr Scamer, but it is very suspicious.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
He stole money from me, (I suspect until proven in court) this guy is a pro who goes to bitcoin meetups and claims to be XYZ (in my case potcoin developer) he then uses social engineering to get into a victims computer, he then proceeds to infect all the users that victim has been emailing (knowing a bitcoiner probably has bitcoin friends) and stings them all. Hopefully he probably wont be doing it again (seeing as his picture is out there), but be warned, if you see this guy believe nothing he says, keep all electronics away from him and do not disclose any info to him. By his way of operation I would guess he was a hacker before bitcoin and saw an easy score by going to bitcoin meetups, if anyone else has been stung in a similar way please dont be shy and PM me, we should work together.
I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh but how does one let himself get fooled like this? It sounds unreasonably stupid.

I am not the one that got socially engineered, it was my friend, I cannot attest to the exact method, but he is a smart guy and I wouldn't blame it on him. Anyways that is besides the point
So basically he was very persuasive and manipulative? I guess you can't imagine the situation unless you're part of it yourself, but it seems odd to me.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
I want to vouch for OP.
He's trustworthy and a well respected member of the community.
He has a valid reason for what he is asking for.

Good luck!
Activity: 787
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
He stole money from me, (I suspect until proven in court) this guy is a pro who goes to bitcoin meetups and claims to be XYZ (in my case potcoin developer) he then uses social engineering to get into a victims computer, he then proceeds to infect all the users that victim has been emailing (knowing a bitcoiner probably has bitcoin friends) and stings them all. Hopefully he probably wont be doing it again (seeing as his picture is out there), but be warned, if you see this guy believe nothing he says, keep all electronics away from him and do not disclose any info to him. By his way of operation I would guess he was a hacker before bitcoin and saw an easy score by going to bitcoin meetups, if anyone else has been stung in a similar way please dont be shy and PM me, we should work together.
I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh but how does one let himself get fooled like this? It sounds unreasonably stupid.

I am not the one that got socially engineered, it was my friend, I cannot attest to the exact method, but he is a smart guy and I wouldn't blame it on him. Anyways that is besides the point
Activity: 322
MTA, ACA
You should get some of your friends to go to the next meet ups with you and try searching for that guy. He will turn up again in one of them. What are you going to do once you find him? Try to scam your coins back? Cos he is not going to admit to ever knowing you

i agree! this is what you need to do because its virtually impossible to find him from a picture!
Activity: 672
You should get some of your friends to go to the next meet ups with you and try searching for that guy. He will turn up again in one of them. What are you going to do once you find him? Try to scam your coins back? Cos he is not going to admit to ever knowing you
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
It will be difficult to find this guy...what he did to you ?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Only from picture? Almost impossible but still good luck  Grin
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Please some more information about why you want all that info.

And how do you get that picture actually?

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
What would you plan to do, considering you found who this guy really is? Seems so shady the way you approached the request.
I would make him an offer he couldn't refuse. EG do the right thing or I expose you to authorities

Why would "authorities" care if he claimed to be the/a PotCoin founder, but wasn't? Did he tangibly benefit from his claim, making it prosecutable fraud?
Activity: 322
MTA, ACA
ive been trying my best but no luck on finding him so far!! do you remember what he said his "name" was?
What would you plan to do, considering you found who this guy really is? Seems so shady the way you approached the request.
I would make him an offer he couldn't refuse. EG do the right thing or I expose you to authorities
Activity: 994
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
I don't want to click the link but I'm so curious haha.  I would be all over this if I had a NSA connection lol

Click it Cheesy
there is a guy Smiley on a picture - that's all - maybe someone from neighbors Tongue
I don't want to click the link but I'm so curious haha.  I would be all over this if I had a NSA connection lol
The link is fine, just an image of a guy.
Pages:
Jump to: