Pages:
Author

Topic: 2 hours till SegWit activation, do you think LTC will drop? - page 3. (Read 2785 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Since it's actually what comes after segwit that's important including the Lightning Network and Confidential transactions the price will continue to rise. The exception being the complete collapse of the cryptocurrency markets including BTC.

Additionally, todays news that the Chinese exchanges will re-enable withdrawals in June will put additional strength into LTC markets (and BTC).  The current boom has been based in the west with prices lagging significantly on chinese exchanges. This is about to change.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Ive got a few ltc just in case anything crazy happens but the only thing i really expect to happen is a massive dump =p. It will be interesting to see how segwit will work with litecoin though, maybe if all goes well then bitcoin will adopt it as well.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The thing to watch is the following transactions chart:

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/litecoin-transactions.html

There were 16,713 litecoin transactions in the last 24 hours, which is up from recent months, but still below the all time highs of about 20,000 per day in 2014.

If after segwit is activated, the transactions fail to soar, it means no-one is using it, and litcoin will fall back to earth.
Activity: 859
Merit: 251
Buy the hype, sell after hype- 95% always true.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
dumps incoming lel
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
usually i don't check what the orderbook chart shows, but i have to be honest, i don't like what it is showing right now.

i've placed a buy order at 0.0179BTC before i open bitcointalk half an hour ago and by then there was about 100BTC sum of orders in front of me. then i saw this topic and went to check again what is happening, now there is only 35BTC sum of total orders in front of me!
of course not all of it is dump, many removed their buy orders and looks like Bids are getting thinner.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
usually when some big news like this is around in the altcoin market, prices rise before the news actually come to pass (meaning before SegWit even activates!) then price enters a bubble, and this two have already happened. price has gone up from 0.003BTC up to 0.022BTC and that is a 633% rise!

and again usually prices get dumped hard when the news actually comes to pass. meaning when SegWit activates as whales dump to create some panic sells and take more profit when they buy at the bottom.

so lets hear your short term predictions here.

do you think Litecoin is going to be any different in short term (the following 24 hours)?
Pages:
Jump to: