Pages:
Author

Topic: 2 questions (Merit & Spam related). Higher ranked opinion needed. - page 2. (Read 383 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
1 - ...I would not consider it a good post either for merit.

Thanks. To clarify, in Q1 I'm asking is there any way to tackle such posts (ie. by reporting them as spam). We all know what it is, low-effort copy-pasting to boost up post-count + hunt merit points. The problem is, they don't break any forum rules... Maybe reporting them as "wrong board. --> Press" could help.

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin

1 - Newbie starts a topic - copy/paste content from bitcoin-related article + link (so no plagiarism),
2 - Would you reward a Newbie with his 1st merit point ...  but his posting history is, in vast majority, bounty-campaign proof posts? Do you consider such people as spammers, or you just ignore campaign-report posts? After all, they don't pollute the forum and are contained in dedicated threads.

Good questions.

1 - Copy and paste with a reference link is not plagiarism or I would not consider so as long as it is clear that the poster is not attributing the text to himself nor trying to make it look as such. I would advise quotations or at least italics. I would not consider it a good post either for merit.

2 - Unfortunately now we do have to look in the post track of newbies to avoid the spam growing again. Personally, I would accept around 30 to 50% of campaign related reports as long as they are mixed with a track good posting.

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

1 - Newbie starts a topic - copy/paste content from bitcoin-related article + link (so no plagiarism), no own thoughts nor any other contribution. Is it treated as spam and should it be reported to mods, or is it allowed and we should just ignore it?

2 - Would you reward a Newbie with his 1st merit point, if you see a decent post of his and/or engagement in discussion, but his posting history is, in vast majority, bounty-campaign proof posts? Do you consider such people as spammers, or you just ignore campaign-report posts? After all, they don't pollute the forum and are contained in dedicated threads.
Pages:
Jump to: