Pages:
Author

Topic: 2 token ICO or 1 token ICO? (Read 314 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Decentralized Digital Billboards
November 30, 2018, 07:17:00 PM
One token ICO is enough to getting started withing the plan and execution of such ICO, anything extra is just for some other reason and those reason may be legit and put such ICO in good position. What matter however is the real life case uses of the idea behind ICO!
I think so, one token is enough for you. The most important thing is the execution of the ICO itself, just as you say. It's useless when you launch 2 ICOs but the idea is not good and not interesting, it will be better if you launch 1 ICO and it's maximal in the execution.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
November 28, 2018, 04:54:53 AM
in discussions with my advisors on our upcoming pre-sale and ICO launch, I was recommended to have two tokens.  First the security token that people would buy for investment purpose and then a utility token that could be bought to be used for the actual service that our company will supply.  I thought well won't that confuse things having two tokens.  This was my advisors thinking.  In the case of our company, we are offering a very valid and needed service that customers could pay for via our token cryptocurrency.  So if we just had the one security token, in order to use the token to pay for the service, you would be basically giving up the amount of tokens you used for payment which means you will no longer have the investment benefits of that token.  But if you had a utility token that could be purchase just to be used for the service, you could still keep the security token as a investment.

So what do you all think about this two token theory?

UPDATE NOTE: I want to clarify from the above post. We actually are not going to actually launch two tokens at the ICO.  We are thinking of launching ONE security token at the actual ICO.  Then 3 to 6 months later, once some of our brick and mortar service centers are open and running we will launch a utility token to be used for the payment of the service.  So you now have a security token for investment and utility token for the service centers so you do not have to give up your investment token.

When I invest certain ICO, I do not care about the amount of tokens they have, I care about business plan only. It is the only thing that matters.
Activity: 140
November 27, 2018, 07:01:17 AM
Probably no one is interested in the number of coins, the most important is their price.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
November 27, 2018, 06:53:53 AM
It may be tough call, because I hear a lot about possible regulations for security tokens in the nearest future. In my opinion, it should not happen.
Activity: 462
November 27, 2018, 04:48:22 AM
I think the two tokens are completely unnecessary. If your token cannot be directly bound to the app, then no investor is willing to buy it!
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
November 27, 2018, 04:42:17 AM
One token ICO is enough to getting started withing the plan and execution of such ICO, anything extra is just for some other reason and those reason may be legit and put such ICO in good position. What matter however is the real life case uses of the idea behind ICO!
Activity: 255
November 27, 2018, 04:36:06 AM
in discussions with my advisors on our upcoming pre-sale and ICO launch, I was recommended to have two tokens.  First the security token that people would buy for investment purpose and then a utility token that could be bought to be used for the actual service that our company will supply.  I thought well won't that confuse things having two tokens.  This was my advisors thinking.  In the case of our company, we are offering a very valid and needed service that customers could pay for via our token cryptocurrency.  So if we just had the one security token, in order to use the token to pay for the service, you would be basically giving up the amount of tokens you used for payment which means you will no longer have the investment benefits of that token.  But if you had a utility token that could be purchase just to be used for the service, you could still keep the security token as a investment.

UPDATE NOTE: I want to clarify from the above post. We actually are not going to actually launch two tokens at the ICO.  We are thinking of launching ONE security token at the actual ICO.  Then 3 to 6 months later, once some of our brick and mortar service centers are open and running we will launch a utility token to be used for the payment of the service.  So you now have a security token for investment and utility token for the service centers so you do not have to give up your investment token.

Can you ask your advisors to provide you with examples of successfull projects with two different tokens? I am sure that they will not be able to give you this.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
November 27, 2018, 04:32:36 AM
As far as I know, the use of two tokens can be due to the fact that they are used for ICO and trading on exchanges, and the second for transactions within the system and has a more stable price. That's the most optimal at the moment.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
November 27, 2018, 04:15:50 AM

Division will make tokens less attractive for most investors, because they do not want to invest complicated solutions. I made my point.
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 18
October 20, 2018, 02:38:03 PM
It's true for me one token is enough for a one ico or project. That's make you feels like dizzy if their are such more than 2 or 3 tokens in one ico.
[/quote]

Well the one tokens seem to be winning over the two tokens but I want to clarify, it will be a one security token at the ICO and then the utility token will be offered in 3 to 6 months when the service centers are starting to be opened.

Activity: 319
October 20, 2018, 01:41:37 PM
I prefer one token and of course, that will be the utility token. I don't think there is another token needed as named security token, although I am not enough to clear at your point.

It's true for me one token is enough for a one ico or project. That's make you feels like dizzy if their are such more than 2 or 3 tokens in one ico.
Activity: 392
DeepOnion, a new dream.
October 20, 2018, 01:19:39 PM
I prefer one token and of course, that will be the utility token. I don't think there is another token needed as named security token, although I am not enough to clear at your point.
Activity: 420
October 20, 2018, 01:15:48 PM
My first question is, which among the tokens would give good profit ir better still ROI, because i believe ROI should cone from the two irrespective of the type of token, whether utility or security token. I believe most investors these days are more concerned about the profit it would bring them. So even though an investor is investing into a utility token, i would first like to make profit from it, then start thinking of buying more tokens or reserving some for any other usage.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
October 20, 2018, 01:05:47 PM
I feel is better to keep it simple than making a process too difficult for investors especially the newbie,having a token will make it simple for investors to invest in a project without any mistake.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
October 20, 2018, 12:49:00 PM
in discussions with my advisors on our upcoming pre-sale and ICO launch, I was recommended to have two tokens.  First the security token that people would buy for investment purpose and then a utility token that could be bought to be used for the actual service that our company will supply.  I thought well won't that confuse things having two tokens.  This was my advisors thinking.  In the case of our company, we are offering a very valid and needed service that customers could pay for via our token cryptocurrency.  So if we just had the one security token, in order to use the token to pay for the service, you would be basically giving up the amount of tokens you used for payment which means you will no longer have the investment benefits of that token.  But if you had a utility token that could be purchase just to be used for the service, you could still keep the security token as a investment.

people will less intrested in two token ico. i myself will never invest in any two token ico. there will be less chances to make money on that ico adn i expect that every investor will think same as me before investing in any ico like this
Activity: 350
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable
October 20, 2018, 12:40:49 PM
in discussions with my advisors on our upcoming pre-sale and ICO launch, I was recommended to have two tokens.  First the security token that people would buy for investment purpose and then a utility token that could be bought to be used for the actual service that our company will supply.  I thought well won't that confuse things having two tokens.  This was my advisors thinking.  In the case of our company, we are offering a very valid and needed service that customers could pay for via our token cryptocurrency.  So if we just had the one security token, in order to use the token to pay for the service, you would be basically giving up the amount of tokens you used for payment which means you will no longer have the investment benefits of that token.  But if you had a utility token that could be purchase just to be used for the service, you could still keep the security token as a investment.

it will instead make the use of the tokens inefficient, fees for transfers, especially if there will be a swap program in the future. People's interest will also be divided into focus, they are confused whether to trade using token A or B ? and finally, your token volume trading will be small
copper member
October 20, 2018, 12:10:18 PM
I don't understand the practical significance of doing this. If I am an investor, I will feel that it is very troublesome and even worried me. I only need one token, I can use it or trade them, which will make me feel more convenient and more transparent.

That is a fair statement.  And I apologize that I am not saying what the service is now but I will soon.  And we will be very transparent. But here is a scenario that keeps me thinking about the 2 tokens. When you see what the service is, you will see that alot of people are going to want to hold onto their tokens to use for the service.  I really believe that. So what happens if the tokens do rise in value because people see the services they can buy for them and the value of that service.  So now you have tokens that have produced a good profit but you can't sell them because you need them for the service.  Yes you can use them for the service and just buy new ones but you might end up paying a lot more for a lesser amount of tokens.  But if you have security tokens as the speculative investment in the company and some 3 to 6 months later we launch the utility tokens and you have the chance to purchase utility tokens to be used for the service then you still can keep or sell the security tokens as you wise and not have to give us the utility tokens.  And it won't be at the same time.  We will launch the ICO with the security tokens (taking into account all regulations in the countries) and then over the next 3 to 6 months start opening up our brink and mortar service centers and then at that time we will issue the utility tokens.  That could work well and not confused the issue with immediately at the ICO issuing two tokens.
copper member
October 20, 2018, 11:57:03 AM

You should also understand the implications of issuing security tokens. Securities are like shares bought, implying part stakes in the company. I hope you have satisfied the requirements of the SEC, because they'll sure come after you especially of the ICO is open to residents of the US.
[/quote]

I understand and fully aware of all SEC Regs and Exemptions.  I have owned my own companies in the US for decades and have used various Regs to raise money.  I am just new to the ICO world but I do understand that if we offer a security token in the US that we have to fall under the SEC rules.  And if we did include the US, I think we would us Reg A since it will allow unaccredited investors but will just limit how much they can invest.  I have been reading a few interesting articles that talk about the large market of investors in Europe and Asia and that the US investor market may not be necessary.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
October 20, 2018, 06:02:40 AM
I think each project should come up with one token. Multiple tokens create confusion and sometimes people wrongly buy the first token while they wanted to buy the second of the project.
Activity: 415
October 20, 2018, 04:23:35 AM
I don't understand the practical significance of doing this. If I am an investor, I will feel that it is very troublesome and even worried me. I only need one token, I can use it or trade them, which will make me feel more convenient and more transparent.
Pages:
Jump to: