Pages:
Author

Topic: ►►► 2 x 2013 Lealana Silver Error coin *damaged hologram* - 2 DAY AUCTION (Read 1129 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406
legendary
Argh! Can't believe I missed this auction. (Stupid vacation!) I'm an absolute sucker for the Lealana error coins. Love them!

Next time...

Me

I'll let you get the next one CJ.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
A great set of coins sold at a great price. I was tempted to bid but held myself back. I really like the Lealana Litecoins and this was a great opportunity to get some more at a great price.
However, it seems like the demand for Lealanas have vastly decreased. It could have something to do with the large amount of coins on the market.
I'm actually curious to know how many more coins Smoothie plans on selling/auctioning and if there's a limit on the number of buyer funded coins that he's going to sell.
legendary
Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203
BitcoinPenny.com
Argh! Can't believe I missed this auction. (Stupid vacation!) I'm an absolute sucker for the Lealana error coins. Love them!

Next time...

Me
legendary
Nice! Excited to add this.  Pm you now took.

The coins survive redeeming yet another day, hooray Cheesy

Despite the flaws discussed earlier then is this still very nice coins.
Almost feel like they belong on a museum Smiley
legendary
.52 BTC
^This is the winning bid!

The auction is now over.

Nice! Excited to add this.  Pm you now took.
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist
legendary
10 min left.

I made a typo.

The auction officially end 20:59 GMT

I will run the auction the official end time stated in OP.

(This has been approved with the bidder: wheelz1200).

Less than 2 hours left.
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
I'm always after Lealana funded Litecoins but in this case I'm concerned because of the holograms. Do you know what caused the holograms to become daged over time? Seeing as they were in their capsules they weren't really exposed to the elements so what would the reason for the damage be?
It's a bit surprising too considering that the coins are only a couple of years old.

I am not the original owner but as far as I know have the coins been stored in the original capsules in room temperature.
I have inspected the coins with a magnifier there are no sign of mishandle.

I speculate that the damage is caused by tensile stress on the metal in the hologram since the private key creates a "bump" in the middle of the hologram.
If you inspect the pictures then will you see that the damage is located near the edge of the where the private key is located.
I am not a material scientist so I could be wrong.

Yep that's my thoughts as well. I have a few sets of 10s that have the same issue. It's just the first error batch that have the issue no others. These didn't have the recess, so extra stress has been placed on the hologram with just those coins.

legendary
legendary
I'm always after Lealana funded Litecoins but in this case I'm concerned because of the holograms. Do you know what caused the holograms to become daged over time? Seeing as they were in their capsules they weren't really exposed to the elements so what would the reason for the damage be?
It's a bit surprising too considering that the coins are only a couple of years old.

I am not the original owner but as far as I know have the coins been stored in the original capsules in room temperature.
I have inspected the coins with a magnifier there are no sign of mishandle.

I speculate that the damage is caused by tensile stress on the metal in the hologram since the private key creates a "bump" in the middle of the hologram.
If you inspect the pictures then will you see that the damage is located near the edge of the where the private key is located.
I am not a material scientist so I could be wrong.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
legendary
As you all know LTC is extremely volatile right now because of the upcoming reward halving.
20 LTC was 0.67 BTC just 8 days ago. By auctioning the item in this period, I will bear the risk of LTC going over 0.025 withing the auction period.

The melt value is currently ~0.05, even if redeemed then will the coins be worth more than that, either as a collectors item or recycled with a new generic hologram.
I have seen redeemed Lealana coins being sold for at least twice the melt value on ebay, so I don't find the starting bid unreasonable.
It is also possible that a potential buyer will keep the set intact, after all is it a piece of litecoin history.

I have pledged in the OP that you should only bid on this item if you think it is worth your bid.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
LTC value + silver melt value is currently 0.35 BTC, starting bid is 0.5 BTC.

Redeeming the coins and keeping them as silver tokens could be an option as well.

I think starting bid is way to big
I have sold similar coins (without a case) for .35 each in the past and the starting bid is only .5 BTC.

I agree that it is usually fun to set the starting bid at the face/loaded value of the coin, however this does open up the risk to the seller that a fluke in the auction causes the selling price to be far below the market price, so the higher starting price somewhat protects the seller from this happening.
Pages:
Jump to: