Pages:
Author

Topic: [20 BTC] Multithreaded Keep-alive Implementation in Bitcoind - page 2. (Read 31438 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Testing bitcoind v0.3.24 + Joel Katz v0.99 4diff on our pool now.... so far so good in the last 15 mins...

Does anyone know the difd from 0.98 and 0.99 ?  couldnt find a copy of the older version anywhere.
There was a change from Giel de Nijs for an issue that maybe could cause stale shares. Neither of us is sure the issue can actually happen, but the patch is obviously safe and might fix a real problem, so I merged it. The change moves the code to send a SIGUSR1 for native long-polling to later in the code path.

Sorry, I meant to put a changelog at the top of the patch and it just didn't happen.

Ok clear!  THanks for the reply Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
Testing bitcoind v0.3.24 + Joel Katz v0.99 4diff on our pool now.... so far so good in the last 15 mins...

Does anyone know the difd from 0.98 and 0.99 ?  couldnt find a copy of the older version anywhere.
There was a change from Giel de Nijs for an issue that maybe could cause stale shares. Neither of us is sure the issue can actually happen, but the patch is obviously safe and might fix a real problem, so I merged it. The change moves the code to send a SIGUSR1 for native long-polling to later in the code path.

Sorry, I meant to put a changelog at the top of the patch and it just didn't happen.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Mine is right around 700m after a week or so, same as Phorensic.  We'll see how to goes as time goes on.  Seems a little excessive though.
Im seeing the same thing regarding a possible memory leak.  Continual growth of used memory over the last 24 hours or so... up to 453368kB now and growing...

spoke too soon.... it just went down to just under 350m Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Been running it for a week strong now.  I don't know if I would consider it a memory leak, but ours is at just under 700m used.  Running in -hub level 1 with built in LP.
Im seeing the same thing regarding a possible memory leak.  Continual growth of used memory over the last 24 hours or so... up to 453368kB now and growing...
Why would you want the older version?

Anyway ... I think there might be a small memory leak somewhere still.  My bitcoind is up to almost 700m at this point and I'm getting some connection errors occasionally, though that may be due to some other issues not related to bitcoind.

I wanted it only to diff against 0.99 since you guys said you were running that version without problems so i was curious to see what changes had been made in 0.99. 

Logical, no?
legendary
Why would you want the older version?

Anyway ... I think there might be a small memory leak somewhere still.  My bitcoind is up to almost 700m at this point and I'm getting some connection errors occasionally, though that may be due to some other issues not related to bitcoind.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Can somebody please spoon feed me the process as to how to patch the source code with JoelKatz' diff .txt file?

I know how to compile bitcoind, but am a noob when it comes to patching things :S
Go to the 'src' directory, and then:

1) If you don't have the diff already, use this command:
wget http://davids.webmaster.com/~davids/bitcoin-4diff.txt

2) To patch it:
patch -p1 < bitcoin-4diff.txt

If you did it correctly, the output should be this:
patching file init.cpp
patching file main.cpp
patching file net.cpp
patching file net.h
patching file rpc.cpp
patching file util.cpp
patching file util.h

Update: Sorry about the typo in the URL.

THANK YOU!

P.S. My hand has been forced to make a donation!

Just sent 1 to your payb.tc address. Thanks again.
Testing bitcoind v0.3.24 + Joel Katz v0.98 4diff on our pool.  Going very well so far.
legendary
Can somebody please spoon feed me the process as to how to patch the source code with JoelKatz' diff .txt file?

I know how to compile bitcoind, but am a noob when it comes to patching things :S
Go to the 'src' directory, and then:

1) If you don't have the diff already, use this command:
wget http://davids.webmaster.com/~davids/bitcoin-4diff.txt

2) To patch it:
patch -p1 < bitcoin-4diff.txt

If you did it correctly, the output should be this:
patching file init.cpp
patching file main.cpp
patching file net.cpp
patching file net.h
patching file rpc.cpp
patching file util.cpp
patching file util.h

Update: Sorry about the typo in the URL.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★
3.24 4-diff is running stable for over 24 hrs. Solved several blocks @ 175 GHash

Code:
 PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND                                                    
22895 tacos    20   0  466m 260m 6800 S    4  3.3  52:03.41 bitcoind-24prev

legendary
Activity: 175
Merit: 102
Is there a unified patch ready that is stable, or better yet working repo? I've been running the last stable 3diff against .23 I saw weeks ago.

I have 4diff running stably against 0.3.24.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Is there a unified patch ready that is stable, or better yet working repo? I've been running the last stable 3diff against .23 I saw weeks ago.
legendary
I agree with you.  This is a pool oriented fork and Jay Garzik will probably take a couple seconds to look at the code and then close the pull request.
I think the five things I specifically mentioned would be accepted. The long polling support is really the only maybe.
As far as a pull request, it's unlikely it will be mainstreamed due to some of the features/changes are not good for clients.  Though maybe I misunderstood that part?  I'd be happy to see it in the mainstream code.
I agree with you.  This is a pool oriented fork and Jay Garzik will probably take a couple seconds to look at the code and then close the pull request.
Activity: 588
Please send pull requests for these!
Pages:
Jump to: