Pages:
Author

Topic: 20,000 BTC Selloff on MTGox -- hacked bitcoins? (Read 6817 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
MagicalTux, I would like to ask you something. If an early adopter who holds large number of coins, wants to sell approx 50-100k BTC, could he arrange it with you personally, that he/she would fly over to where ever you guys are and sell his/her coins on your exchange while being physically present at your office while the selling is in progress. They would show all the papers needed so everything is legit, passport, ID, whatever papers you need, bank accounts to where you would transfer the money.

Questions I have are..

1. Can they come to the office, hand you hdd with 100k coin on it and sell it on your exchange?

2. If you could then transfer the cash immediately from your exchange account to their bank account?

Thank you

Most of this is possible without problem, just contact me ([email protected]) for details.

In poker, when a bluffed hand is called, everyone gets to see the cards. I'm just saying. Nice call, Gox!
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
I'm doin' fine on cloud 9

But hey, it got you all posting. :-)

Activity: 128
I'm doin' fine on cloud 9

Yeah, sorry for making this thread. I see that it wasn't 20K after all.

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
^well, the big buy was at $15

Wouldn't make sense to sell all the coins he bought at $15 for less than $15.

The price went up as high as 15.6.

Buy up a lot of coins at 15 sell at 15.5. Rally flails and price falls back.

Sell a lot of coins to start a downward slide, buy back at a bottom somewhere.

It would make sense, especially since a second rally was attempted at 15.5 and it died on the table.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
well.

just check blockexplorer. difficulty for hashing a block was 1 until some block after 33000. So, 1.650000 coins have been mined with like 3 pcs.
Just Think about it. If BTC would be a success and skyrocket, we have a new bill gates...
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
^well, the big buy was at $15

Wouldn't make sense to sell all the coins he bought at $15 for less than $15.
Activity: 392
Yeah, and there was a big rally yesterday involving a whole lot of cash.

Cash rally one day ... Bitcoing sell off the next ... Coincidence?

Activity: 609
One of the big player just show us his power.
So don't be crazy, everybody! Just calm down! The bitcoin is a long term game. You will be fucked by the big player if you do panic buying.

You can just buy slowly in the future months, if you want to invest into bitcoin.
Do NOT push the price up! if the price is high, just calm down, and wait until it fall back, then buy it at a low price.

Remember, always have some cash ready to buy. Don't buy it at once!

actually I'd rather people drive the price up to $50+/per btc. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Oh good, we haven't heard enough about this alleged theft already. I'm glad that we have the opportunity to drag this well-beaten-down subject out into the sunlight, with a dark cloud of flies swarming the maggot-infested corpse.

Executive summary: No proof, all speculation, pure drama.

Give it a rest.
Activity: 182
Today would have been a huge rally day since the world economy woke up with grim news.

Days not over yet.
Activity: 387
So don't be crazy, everybody! Just calm down! The bitcoin is a long term game. You will be fucked by the big player if you do panic buying.

You can just buy slowly in the future months, if you want to invest into bitcoin.
Do NOT push the price up! if the price is high, just calm down, and wait until it fall back, then buy it at a low price.

+1

you got it
Today would have been a huge rally day since the world economy woke up with grim news.
Activity: 168
God creats math and math creats bitcoin.

Activity: 182
I'm expecting a big bounceback any time now this seems to happen every day. lol

there's a bounceback.
Activity: 102
Now the 10k sell wall has shifted to 10k buy wall .. at 14 $ this one too.

Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy, Buy!

Grin
Activity: 176
Now the 10k sell wall has shifted to 10k buy wall .. at 14 $ this one too.
Sadly, he didn't typo once. That means he's serious.
Activity: 102
MagicalTux, I would like to ask you something. If an early adopter who holds large number of coins, wants to sell approx 50-100k BTC, could he arrange it with you personally, that he/she would fly over to where ever you guys are and sell his/her coins on your exchange while being physically present at your office while the selling is in progress. They would show all the papers needed so everything is legit, passport, ID, whatever papers you need, bank accounts to where you would transfer the money.

Questions I have are..

1. Can they come to the office, hand you hdd with 100k coin on it and sell it on your exchange?

2. If you could then transfer the cash immediately from your exchange account to their bank account?

Thank you

I seriously doubt you're planing to dump 50-100k into the market! Smart move though to announce something like that aforehand. Driving down the price for you to buy, buy, buy, eh?
vip
Activity: 608
Merit: 501
-

Questions I have are..

Thank you

Most of this is possible without problem, just contact me ([email protected]) for details.
I hope that person knows he's not getting $14 for his bitcoins anymore and that might as well bring the price down to $13.
Pages:
Jump to: