Pages:
Author

Topic: $20,000 in the bank, should I invest? - page 2. (Read 2696 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
March 19, 2013, 03:53:05 AM
Put some playmoney on MtGox or similar and check it out.
In your case I would advise to not stay in BTC for too long a time since the trading sites are not supporting stop loss orders. If you don't need any of the money in the future, of course you can risk it. However, if you feel like drawing a safety line, you have to watch the btc/usd course closely and hammer in your stop loss in case btc tanks manually.
Since the fees are based on a percentage of the traded volume, you can trade with small amounts without loosing too much in fees compared to a high roller, this is different in other market places where fees might be an absolute value per order.
Activity: 16
March 19, 2013, 03:44:52 AM
How much is losing $20,000 to you, and how much do you have in bitcoin right now?

I currently have no bitcoins, I just really started looking in to bitcoin a few days ago.

I'm not thinking $20,000 to start, but I'm willing to invest a chunk of it to see how it works out.  

It looks to me like I'm already a tad to late if I was in it for the most profit, but I'm still optimistic about where bitcoin's going.

I'm only 21 so $20,0000 is quite a bit in my mind, I'm working on changing that though lol
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
March 19, 2013, 03:41:53 AM
I have over $20,000 just sitting in an account.  Would it be a good idea to invest some or all of it in bitcoin?  I'm looking for any way I can to stick it to the central banking system, and If I can make a few bucks by doing it, all the better.

I gots the same "problem" Im just buying mining rigs, basically so I can impress girls that I bring round.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
March 19, 2013, 03:39:57 AM
How much is losing $20,000 to you, and how much do you have in bitcoin right now?
Activity: 16
March 19, 2013, 03:38:08 AM
I have over $20,000 just sitting in an account.  Would it be a good idea to invest some or all of it in bitcoin?  I'm looking for any way I can to stick it to the central banking system, and If I can make a few bucks by doing it, all the better.

Pages:
Jump to: