Pages:
Author

Topic: 2011 Casascius 1 BTC Series-1 ERROR HOLO (Read 4391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
March 02, 2015, 05:08:55 AM
I have a 1975 silver coin, was only placed in a airtite last week, was in all 40 years in a plastic flip. Never handled without gloves, nevertheless looks really-really bad.
For comparison, I have a 1996 silver coin, graded and placed in slap same year it came out - looks like it just came out of the mint.
Should be even worse for brass.

Well, if that is the case, maybe I should get them in a graded slap as well.
Anybody know which is the best grading service in Europe?

If you want them graded, then send them to ANACS.
There is two reasons for this:
1. You will most likely not find any European numismatic association willing to grade the coin.
2. The second market value of the coin will be better if using ANACS since they are by far the most experienced and well known when it comes to physcial crypto coins.   

Unfortunately ANACS does not have a office in Europe (we are many who would like to see them have one here).
So your coin will have to fly a couple of time more over the Atlantic sea  Smiley
Good luck Smiley

Thanks, I will look in to that!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
I have a 1975 silver coin, was only placed in a airtite last week, was in all 40 years in a plastic flip. Never handled without gloves, nevertheless looks really-really bad.
For comparison, I have a 1996 silver coin, graded and placed in slap same year it came out - looks like it just came out of the mint.

If you want them graded, then send them to ANACS.
There is two reasons for this:
1. You will most likely not find any European numismatic association willing to grade the coin.
2. The second market value of the coin will be better if using ANACS since they are by far the most experienced and well known when it comes to physcial crypto coins.   

Unfortunately ANACS does not have a office in Europe (we are many who would like to see them have one here).
So your coin will have to fly a couple of time more over the Atlantic sea  Smiley
Good luck Smiley
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

Air-tites is the way to go for all my coins, but remember to buy the originals from USA; European ones don't have seal as good as the American!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Personally that is half the reason I like graded coins. Air tites are a good option, but slabbed is the best.
legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist
Just curious, lets say the the coin was graded at MS-65. How much would you guys be willing to pay for the coin?

I prefer buying them ungraded.
Just a question, when the coin is in the anacs case, the case is sealed right?

Yep.

Thanks, I thought so. I like to be able to take the coin out of it's case.

That is not good for a brass coin unfortunately. It will get more oxidized the more that happens.

Yeah I understand, I am keeping them in the cases. Are air-tites the best coinholders? I put them in Lindner for now.

airtites are by far best in my opinion
legendary
Just curious, lets say the the coin was graded at MS-65. How much would you guys be willing to pay for the coin?

Yep.

That is not good for a brass coin unfortunately. It will get more oxidized the more that happens.

Yeah I understand, I am keeping them in the cases. Are air-tites the best coinholders? I put them in Lindner for now.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

Yep.

legendary

Yep.

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
February 27, 2015, 05:51:02 PM

Yep.
legendary
February 27, 2015, 05:07:05 PM

legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 27, 2015, 03:38:20 PM

A thousand bitcoins!

Seriously though, beats me. Elianite was ready to pay 2.7 for this one. Go back 10 pages or so in the Goods and Auctions threads, let us know what you find Smiley

I ended up paying 3BTC for an MS-60
legendary
February 27, 2015, 03:03:16 PM

A thousand bitcoins!

Seriously though, beats me. Elianite was ready to pay 2.7 for this one. Go back 10 pages or so in the Goods and Auctions threads, let us know what you find Smiley
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 27, 2015, 02:56:23 PM
legendary
February 24, 2015, 04:55:51 PM
Got the coin, looks awesome! Thank Nubbins
legendary
The Cryptonumist
February 16, 2015, 04:11:31 PM
This is the last time I end an auction late at night  Cool

I was ready to bid up to 2.7 on this, which I offered to Litcoincollector. He really wanted to keep it Tongue
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps
February 16, 2015, 12:10:28 PM
No matter what time you end the auction it will be late at night somewhere
legendary
February 16, 2015, 12:01:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
February 16, 2015, 11:55:13 AM
PM'd. Your package will send out today.

Congrats, you got the deal of the year Cool

I know man, couldn't believe no one bid me up.
Thanks again!

I fall asleep...
Pages:
Jump to: