Pages:
Author

Topic: 2011 Casascius Error Coin (Read 489 times)

Activity: 1719
Merit: 190
X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader
March 26, 2024, 07:18:21 PM
It doesn't look like this is going anywhere. If y'all need me, I'm at mark (at) freetalklive. com
Mark, just a suggestion I would not offer doing deals outside of the forum with valuable items like this. Too many red flags and people getting scammed prior. I agree with using a trusted escrow with your same. Good luck with sale, nice coins!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 26, 2024, 01:47:44 PM
It doesn't look like this is going anywhere. If y'all need me, I'm at mark (at) freetalklive. com
Also interested buying it at the right price using minerjones as escrow.
Go to your profile settings and allow messages from newbies because i can't dm you
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
March 25, 2024, 08:27:55 PM
March 19, 2024, 11:29:23 AM
I am still interested. We need to find an escrow agent, as I will not do this without one and we need to settle on a price. What were you thinking?

Can someone with high merit and references escrow for us?
As far as price goes, since it's not graded, do you have some pictures to get an idea of it's condition?
Yes, follow this link: https://imgur.com/a/KZDKSbJ. I don't know how to post a pic in this forum. Sorry.
Activity: 77
March 13, 2024, 05:50:10 PM
I am still interested. We need to find an escrow agent, as I will not do this without one and we need to settle on a price. What were you thinking?

As far as price goes, since it's not graded, do you have some pictures to get an idea of it's condition?
March 13, 2024, 05:47:19 PM

I've used minerjones in the past so would be comfortable with that option
March 13, 2024, 04:18:09 PM
I figured out from my messages that I have met Miner Jones in real life, way back.
copper member
Activity: 616
Merit: 275
March 13, 2024, 04:15:29 PM
I suggest @minerjones or @MoparMiningLLC
March 13, 2024, 04:12:22 PM

March 13, 2024, 03:34:45 PM

You won't get 1.4 to 1.5 here on the forum....
Bummer, I was hoping that the could get a slightly lower number and the buyer could save 20% to 25%, but you know this market better than I, certainly.

and as the dollar price of bitcoin increases, you will get less premium
Same goes with Stacks. If the price shoots up before/during the auction, your premium "btc" value will be less.

That is what I figured too, the longer I wait, the smaller the percentage, in any case.

Are you still interested in selling it? I'm interested in casascius coins.
March 12, 2024, 11:55:52 AM
I'd just redeem it and sell the physical after you've secured the BTC. The premium is so low and those of us that still have Cass coins have no idea if the private key is still legible under the Holo until we actually pull them. They are amazing collectibles but the higher the BTC $ price the lower the premium and eventually it's just not worth it with shipping, etc..
Well, I guess I should know what a redeemed 2011 Cass coin goes for. How much here?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
March 10, 2024, 02:03:26 PM
I'd just redeem it and sell the physical after you've secured the BTC. The premium is so low and those of us that still have Cass coins have no idea if the private key is still legible under the Holo until we actually pull them. They are amazing collectibles but the higher the BTC $ price the lower the premium and eventually it's just not worth it with shipping, etc..

The upcoming stacks and bowers auction will answer questions for a lot of us on what the market is for these. Later this month !
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
March 09, 2024, 02:22:34 AM
March 08, 2024, 05:01:26 PM

You won't get 1.4 to 1.5 here on the forum....
Bummer, I was hoping that the could get a slightly lower number and the buyer could save 20% to 25%, but you know this market better than I, certainly.

and as the dollar price of bitcoin increases, you will get less premium
Same goes with Stacks. If the price shoots up before/during the auction, your premium "btc" value will be less.

That is what I figured too, the longer I wait, the smaller the percentage, in any case.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
March 08, 2024, 04:16:38 PM
Yes...

1) Sell/auction coin here. Doesn't need to be graded. You get BTC.

2) Send coin to Stacks, they get it graded for you. Auction it off for you. You get $$$

While it might sell for a bit more on Stacks, remember the fees and tax implications

How do I get an offer here? S&B is offering to sell for a 20% commision above the 1.25 to 1.5, meaning a 1.5 to 1.8 sale price. Then my tax on top. 1.4 to 1.5 seems like a good range for people here to get a deal in exchange for me not getting it graded.

You won't get 1.4 to 1.5 here on the forum.... and as the dollar price of bitcoin increases, you will get less premium
March 08, 2024, 02:37:36 PM
Yes...

2) Send coin to Stacks, they get it graded for you. Auction it off for you. You get $$$

While it might sell for a bit more on Stacks, remember the fees and tax implications

How do I get an offer here? S&B is offering to sell for a 20% commision above the 1.25 to 1.5, meaning a 1.5 to 1.8 sale price. Then my tax on top. 1.4 to 1.5 seems like a good range for people here to get a deal in exchange for me not getting it graded.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
March 08, 2024, 01:32:23 PM
Yes...

March 08, 2024, 01:15:26 PM

So, the folks at Stacks Bowers say that they will grade the coin, list it at 1X a BTC and that I could likely expect to get 1.25 to 1.5 BTC in the event of a sale. They will only pay in USD.

I would really like to get BTC for this, but Stacks Bowers seems like an easy solution. Do y'all have thoughts on this?

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-160685/2011-casascius-1-bitcoin-loaded-firstbits-15m2pnxw-series-1-casacius-error-brass-ms-67-pcgs
March 06, 2024, 08:56:44 PM
Well, I figured I ought to get a couple of pics before my planned trip. So, I ran down to the vault and got them. If y'all don't think there is much of a chance of getting more than 1.25 BTC for them, I don't think I should sell. That isn't much of a premium and maybe the auction houses will change their minds. Stacks Bowers has sold a few, by the looks of it, but all of theirs are in nice little packages. Any ideas of how to get that done?

Thanks for all the input on this post, guys.

Happy to help out with any grading, escrow, or logistics need.
Feel free to PM about this.
Please check my trust rating to help you make an informed decision

Thank you Cheesy

How can  you help with grading?
Pages:
Jump to: