Author

Topic: 2012-09-07 pymnts.com - State Rep Views BTC As Legitimate Currency Competitor (Read 1187 times)

Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
I suppose Paul is a bit too old to grasp the concepts of a cryptocurrency  Wink
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
So basically this guy is more of a supporter of bitcoin than Ron Paul is.  It's a bit surprising.

Why is it surprising?
Ron Paul has a hate boner against the FED, it's like half his thing - Bitcoin is very anti-FED.
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
So basically this guy is more of a supporter of bitcoin than Ron Paul is.  It's a bit surprising.

Why is it surprising?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Really cool. I would like to donate something. But I'm no US resident.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
Mark Warden, a New Hampshire State Representative, is the first incumbent politician to accept Bitcoin donations as he runs for re-election. A republican from just outside of Manchester, Rep. Warden spoke to PYMNTS.com about how the Bitcoin system appeals to him and the effect it’s had on his campaign.

“The idea behind Bitcoin was to have a currency that competes against the U.S. dollar, or Chinese yuan, or Japanese yen or euro, and gives people a choice. It’s something that ideally will not be subject to inflationary whims,” Warden says.

There's also an audio interview. http://pymnts.com/briefing-room/issuers/virtual-currency/State-Rep-Views-Bitcoin-As-Legitimate-Currency-Competitor-/

More about Mark Warden and Bitcoin here, here and here.
Jump to: