Pages:
Author

Topic: [2013-02-17]FXOpen Launches Crypto Accounts (Read 1635 times)

legendary
Activity: 2404
Merit: 1003
you can trade now based on BTC or LTC

no more conversation to fiat needed

FXOpen extends its multi-currency accounts offering by launching trading accounts denominated in Bitcoin (MBT), Litecoin (LTC) and Gold (GLD). Bitcoin and Litecoin are available as account currency when opening Crypto accounts, and Gold is available for ECN and STP accounts.

These accounts have exactly the same benefits and trading conditions as ECN, STP or Crypto accounts denominated in USD or any other currency. The only difference is that Bitcoin, Litecoin and Gold will be used as the “base asset” to display balance, profit and other parameters of your trading account in MetaTrader 4 (MT4).

For your convenience, we have used smaller, “fractional” values, comparable to 1 USD or 1 EURO, as units of the base asset for these accounts:

1 GLD – 0.001 troy ounce (equal to approx. 0.03 grams of gold) for Gold-based accounts;
    1 MBT – (1 milli-bitcoin) or 0.001 BTC – for Bitcoin accounts;
    1 LTC – for Litecoin accounts.

FXOpen is the first Forex broker to offer clients MT4 accounts denominated in Bitcoin and Litecoin. Coupled with direct BTC and LTC deposits, these accounts make up the industry’s unique offering, allowing clients to deposit, trade and withdraw profit with no conversion costs and minimal commission (only 0.001 BTC for withdrawals).

Gold, unlike currencies, is not affected by inflation and is more resistant to price fluctuations. This is one of the reasons why gold has shown a strong “bullish” trend over many years. By storing your funds in a Gold-based trading account, you are more likely to secure your funds against economic and political instability, as demand for gold is known to rise in a crisis economy.

Open a Gold-based MT4 account via MyFXOpen > Add New Account > ECN or STP and select GLD in the ‘account currency’ drop-down list.

Open a BTC or LTC-based MT4 trading account via MyFXOpen > Add new account > Crypto and select MBT or LTC as ‘account currency’.

Follow the discussion on FXOpen Forum, Facebook or Twitter.

Best Regards,
FXOpen NZ Limited
legendary

Open a new Crypto account with FXOpen and get a welcome bonus in Bitcoin equivalent of $US10!

FXOpen introduces a no-deposit incentive – welcome bonus in Bitcoin (or a $US10 equivalent value) for new BTC-based Crypto accounts!

To be eligible for the company’s bonus, you need to verify your mobile phone number when registering your eWallet with FXOpen (for new clients) or to open a BTC-based Crypto account (for existing clients).

Any profits made in a Crypto account can be withdrawn at any time. The promotion came into force on May 12th, 2014 so, join now and enjoy the benefits of Bitcoin trading with an FXOpen Crypto account:

·         No conversion costs when depositing, trading and withdrawing the profit made;

·         Minimal commission (only 0.001 BTC for withdrawals);

·         Minimum transaction size of 0.01 lot.

FXOpen is also holding another promotional campaign – “No-Deposit Welcome Bonus on STP.” If you register two trading accounts with FXOpen at a time, you will get two welcome bonuses on Crypto and STP accounts $US10 each!

To open a BTC-based MT4 trading account, go to MyFXOpen > Add new account > Crypto and select MBT as ‘account currency’.

For more details on FXOpen bonuses, please visit the Promotion section of the company’s website or contact FXOpen Customer Service.

FXOpen is the first Forex broker to offer clients MT4 accounts denominated in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Coupled with direct BTC deposits, FXOpen Crypto accounts are unique in the FX industry and allow clients to transact in a most convenient trading environment with minimal costs and a good potential for profits.

Follow the discussion on FXOpen Forum, Facebook or Twitter.

Best regards,
FXOpen NZ Limited
legendary
February 27, 2014, 09:25:50 AM
I think BTC-E was using FxOpen's MT4 server right from the start
is likely that you are correct both(btc-e & fxopen) terminals connect to same IP
184.173.139.168= live trading
184.173.139.169= demo trading

proof given. both are down together for 19min now
legendary
February 27, 2014, 08:19:34 AM
very cool ... will be bringing some trading volume over to try it out Smiley

please report how conversion from crypto to fiat is made

I finally found it out: https://cabinet.fxopen.com/Utils/CurrencyRatesHistory.aspx

this makes me abandon the ideia to use it imidiatly (at least i wont deposit in crypto for sure)
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 26, 2014, 11:26:02 PM
so anybody deposited crypto there?

they don't mention how the conversion is down

might be BTC-E rate, but who knows

There is no conversion...
You deposit coins, you have coins to trade...
You deposit money, you have money to trade...
Just like every other trade-engine... Except that is more professional than the exchanges that normally trade coins. (and secure, and reliable, and trusted)

You want money, you trade your coins there, for whatever you set for a price. If someone wants it, they buy it, and you get your money.

It is it's own exchange. They do not buy and sell coins. You do that, there.

The big difference is... once you have money, you can use that on any other conversion pairs. (If they have multiple pairs for your coin, you have more than money to trade for.)

The only difference is, in forex, they use pip-spreads...
(example only)
If the price is $600 for 1BTC... you pay $605, if you instantly try to sell, it sells for $595...
Thus, You have to wait for the price to go up $5 from $605 to $610. Then if you sell, you would get $605 (Which is -$5 under the price), thus the pip-spread would be $5 there.

Same here in the exchange, but here they charge a flat percentage to exchange. If they charge 0.5% and that is $5, you would have to wait for the price to go up $10, to break-even. (Because they charge a percentage both ways on these exchanges.)

Also note... Forex sometimes has "variable pips"... When the market is going crazy, they make the spread wider, harder to trade... so you have to wait for the market to settle-down, or hope you get a good spread covered in the rise/fall... depending what you are going for.
legendary
February 26, 2014, 07:15:22 PM
does noone have a response on how conversion to fiat is done?
legendary
February 26, 2014, 07:12:50 PM
can you trade cryptos in fxopen's ecn demo?

i don't see the option to open a crypto demo account there
you need to have a verified forex account to get crypto access

I have, and I can open a crypto account

but there is no option to open a crypto DEMO account
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
chaos is fun...…damental :)
February 26, 2014, 07:03:48 PM

you need to have a verified forex account to get crypto access
legendary
February 26, 2014, 02:06:32 PM

please report how conversion from crypto to fiat is made
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Mining Hosting
February 26, 2014, 02:01:57 PM
legendary
February 26, 2014, 01:58:18 PM
is likely that you are correct both(btc-e & fxopen) terminals connect to same IP

legendary
February 26, 2014, 01:27:21 PM
legendary
February 26, 2014, 10:42:42 AM
terms are exactly the same as on BTC-E: http://www.fxopen.com/TradingTerms.aspx?active_tab=8

are they even using diferent MT4 servers?
fxopen use btc-e orderbook, from a liquidity point of view you have btc-e oderbook + btc-e mt4 orders +fxopen mt4 orders

I think BTC-E was using FxOpen's MT4 server right from the start: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1mpgu4/fxopen_testing_btcusd_cfd/
legendary
February 26, 2014, 10:40:25 AM
terms are exactly the same as on BTC-E: http://www.fxopen.com/TradingTerms.aspx?active_tab=8

fxopen use btc-e orderbook, from a liquidity point of view you have btc-e oderbook + btc-e mt4 orders +fxopen mt4 orders

so if BTC-E's MT4-server goes down like it did when many where trapped in a short, we would also be trapped using FXOpen?
legendary
February 26, 2014, 08:35:35 AM

legendary
February 26, 2014, 07:44:09 AM

legendary
February 26, 2014, 07:02:12 AM

I signed up the forum to ask but they seam to be very slow to unblock new accounts

I now sent an email. let's see
legendary
February 26, 2014, 06:43:25 AM
Looks like USA isn't an option when signing up.

the USA regulation is big hassle and nobody wants to touch it
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
February 25, 2014, 10:32:52 PM
Looks like USA isn't an option when signing up.
legendary
February 25, 2014, 10:11:44 PM

Pages:
Jump to: