Pages:
Author

Topic: 2013-03-08 Erik Voorhees on Peter Schiff Show Today - page 2. (Read 4310 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
I just downloaded it from the peterschiff web site. It didn't require joining or anything. You can't watch it on their site without being a member.

How did you do it without joining?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
I just downloaded it from the peterschiff web site. It didn't require joining or anything. You can't watch it on their site without being a member.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

Yeah I would like to hear a copy, can anyone re-upload for the late comers?
Activity: 931
Merit: 500
Impeccable!
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
How about "They would have to shut down the whole Internet forever or bitcoin would restart right away"
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Just finished listening, excellent job, great interview!
Activity: 520
I hope someone asks him how he feels about his service pushing normal node users (not miners) to an eventual blockchain fork. That would be enlightening.

He probably feels it's better for the network to solve the issue now rather than later.

LOL. On that note, I think you did a great job keeping the discussion at a non-technical level.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
I hope someone asks him how he feels about his service pushing normal node users (not miners) to an eventual blockchain fork. That would be enlightening.

He probably feels it's better for the network to solve the issue now rather than later.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250

If not SD, it would be someone else.  At least assuming SD shortened our time below the limit, people see the problem while it is still relatively easy to fix.  But the longer we wait, the harder it will be.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
until it is released officially I have uploaded my recording from the live show here: http://www.multiupload.nl/2VZWF9KFZI

edit: looks like it's out now: http://www.schiffradio.com/
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Erik Voorhees, ...BitCoin official

Well, I have always thought that if Roger Ver is Bitcoin Jesus, Erik Voorhees is Bitcoin Lao Tzu.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Had a couple back and forth emails with Tom a few months ago about bitcoins, the result of which was that he decided it was too confusing at the time.  Glad to see they were able to at least get him considering it again.
Activity: 342
From schiffradio.com:

Our second guest is Erik Voorhees, Free State Participant and BitCoin official, on why BitCoin is the best alternative currency available, and why it's also the best hope for salvaging Americans' liberty.

The idea of Bitcoin clearly takes some getting used to.  Cheesy
Activity: 247
Amazing how fast that 30-40min went.  Erik did a really good job.  And apparently that isn't even close to a long enough time to really explain bitcoin.  I thought it would be plenty, but I could think of several key concepts that weren't mentioned.  I hope it was enough to pique people's interest & read more about it.
Activity: 714
Great job, Erik. Very impressive!
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
An audio download of the show is usually available by early to midafternoon at http://www.schiffradio.com/. If someone who is more tech savvy than myself could upload it it would be appreciated. The link for the download usually disappears the next day although it might be around over the weekend.
Pages:
Jump to: