Pages:
Author

Topic: 2013-05-30 Motley Fool: Bitcoins Are Just the Worst Idea Ever (Read 9664 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
[...] government-defying Super Mario coins.

[...] this is a giant pile of e-nonsense

Perhaps there will soon be a Bitcoin Redemption Center, where for 1,000 Bitcoins you have the choice of a Styrofoam helicopter, a stuffed Pikachu doll, or a sharing-size box of Everlasting Gobstoppers.

Do you ever get that message from John St. Crucible, the missionary from Nigeria who uses far too many articles in his requests for $70,000 sent via Western Union to the Church where he works? Check your spam -- I guarantee you he thinks your investment will pay off in the millions within two weeks. This is the same league.

The truth is, we know nothing of what goes on at Bitcoin headquarters.

We also know that if you lose a life while playing Mortal Kombat, your $129 Bitcoin can probably buy you another.

[...] Pig Latin of currencies.

I would have been incensed had I actually given that author a click and then read this drivel.

It's amazing, the mindset of folks unable to comprehend that ideas, technology, art, and all manner of abstract things can be just as important, valuable and real as material objects. It's almost like dealing with children, and particularly dull ones at that.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Their trolling "articles" are notoriously useless. I always leave unsavory comments because the next person can see them, and lo and behold I've seen others do the same thing. I'm not gonna click on the link, but if anyone does, at least leave a comment to offset the page view Wink
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
No, this article is the worst idea ever. Not even the jokes are funny. And it seems to mostly be an attempt at humor.

Wow, it's amazing how misinformed they are.

I don't expect much from the fool though. They are just a scam to get you to pay them for their overpriced and probably randomly picked stock tips.
Activity: 576
This journalist is probably also someone who in 1990 said, "The internet is stupid. Who would use something like that? Worst idea ever."
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
The worst 'piece' I've ever read on the Fool.  Utterly worthless.

Motley Fool has long been a joke, they were one of the original newsletter scammers and their business model has not changed, as the OP states the headline is trolling for clicks like this is 2003
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Look at all the pageviews you are giving them!

I refused to click on the link.
Activity: 193
Read it all. What a foolish journalist.
Well... in his defense he is disclosing that he is a fool. And posting at fool.com.
I think his foolishness is spot on.  Wink

LMAO!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Read it all. What a foolish journalist.
Well... in his defense he is disclosing that he is a fool. And posting at fool.com.
I think his foolishness is spot on.  Wink
Activity: 224
Are you sure that this article is not written in pure irony?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
[...] government-defying Super Mario coins.

[...] this is a giant pile of e-nonsense

Perhaps there will soon be a Bitcoin Redemption Center, where for 1,000 Bitcoins you have the choice of a Styrofoam helicopter, a stuffed Pikachu doll, or a sharing-size box of Everlasting Gobstoppers.

Do you ever get that message from John St. Crucible, the missionary from Nigeria who uses far too many articles in his requests for $70,000 sent via Western Union to the Church where he works? Check your spam -- I guarantee you he thinks your investment will pay off in the millions within two weeks. This is the same league.

The truth is, we know nothing of what goes on at Bitcoin headquarters.

We also know that if you lose a life while playing Mortal Kombat, your $129 Bitcoin can probably buy you another.

[...] Pig Latin of currencies.
Activity: 193
I suspect you could beat any index by doing exactly the opposite of what the MF tells you to do.
Activity: 350
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
Scanned his other articles, one stood out in which he bigs up the Xbox One.

He clearly has a feel for market sentiment doesn't he?

He writes what he's paid to write.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
"The truth is, we know nothing of what goes on at Bitcoin headquarters."

Quick, someone invite Mr. Lewis to tour the Bitcoin headquarters so he can find what goes on!   Roll Eyes

I know exactly what's going on, how much can I get paid for posting that? Wink

I know what's going on...Gentlemen BEHOLD!

That, next to your boxing lolcat... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Activity: 392

Quick, someone invite Mr. Lewis to tour the Bitcoin headquarters so he can find what goes on!   Roll Eyes

To help him, the secret Bitcoin Headquarters is built inside the extinct volcano on this island:

+1
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
What's their to feed
Regulations Taxation get a seal and were done here

Yeap I am stupid enough to click on the link and wasted 5 minutes of my life Sad .  I think the prejudice they have against Bitcoin really runs deepppppp

Lol i'm finding it hard to resist the urge... I'm like the kid who goes and does what he's told not to do. Even though I know its for my own good.

If you can't resist reading the Motley Fool piece, and want to rinse your mouth out afterwards, here is the perfect antidote from Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-30/bitcoin-the-perfect-schmuck-insurance.html

Chamath Palihapitiya!  Two Thumbs Up!  That's the best I can do unless I take off my shoes!  His is a great piece!

That was refreshing thanks
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

Quick, someone invite Mr. Lewis to tour the Bitcoin headquarters so he can find what goes on!   Roll Eyes

I know what's going on...Gentlemen BEHOLD!

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code

Quick, someone invite Mr. Lewis to tour the Bitcoin headquarters so he can find what goes on!   Roll Eyes

To help him, the secret Bitcoin Headquarters is built inside the extinct volcano on this island:

Activity: 756
Yeap I am stupid enough to click on the link and wasted 5 minutes of my life Sad .  I think the prejudice they have against Bitcoin really runs deepppppp

Lol i'm finding it hard to resist the urge... I'm like the kid who goes and does what he's told not to do. Even though I know its for my own good.

If you can't resist reading the Motley Fool piece, and want to rinse your mouth out afterwards, here is the perfect antidote from Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-30/bitcoin-the-perfect-schmuck-insurance.html

Chamath Palihapitiya!  Two Thumbs Up!  That's the best I can do unless I take off my shoes!  His is a great piece!
Activity: 588
Yet another dying content provider desperately trolling for page hits.  Resist the urge to feed it.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/05/30/bitcoins-are-just-the-worst-idea-ever.aspx

And you're not even going to do us the favor of quoting a few excerpts? Almost sounds like you want the article to get hits.  Tongue

I felt unclean after reading it...and going through it again for excerpts seemed more unpleasant and futile than sifting barehanded in search of diamonds through a pile of rhino dung.

Then again, perhaps the contrarian investor in me subconsciously wants to him to stay employed and keep writing negative articles...feeding the proverbial wall of worry.
Pages:
Jump to: