Pages:
Author

Topic: 2013-12-10 Cyprus Central Bank warns about risks in use of Bitcoin (Read 1713 times)

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
I suppose when you are waking up alongside severed horse head presents from the Russian mob then bitcoin 'pronouncements' can seem like a pleasant distraction ...

I think the horse head is an italian mafia trademark  Tongue

Oh ... it was meant as allegorical joke on the relative size of the issues involved than a detailed expose, if that wasn't clear.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I suppose when you are waking up alongside severed horse head presents from the Russian mob then bitcoin 'pronouncements' can seem like a pleasant distraction ...

I think the horse head is an italian mafia trademark  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

The Russian mafia is in a severely weakened condition, after many prominent members were arrested a few years ago in Spain. They lost tens of billions of $$$ in Cyprus. Were they able to retaliate? NO.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
Activity: 275
Cyprus Central Bank has warned that using the virtual currency Bitcoin is dangerous.

Bacteria has warned that using Penicillin is dangerous.

lolz!

really ironic situation here !

look guys lets face it:
banks will not wellcome bitcoin, they exist because you give them all your money to transfer/use/trade do whatever they want
after that they charge you fees for transactions, and lastly they can take all your money with a haircut

The situation with banks all around the world starts becoming ridiculous as more and more people understand how money works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8
(plz watch zeit geist documentaries too)
Banks are starting to fear that decentralising the power of money creation, storing, transacting money etc is like they loosing power
so one after the other they will issue statements of how dangerous bitcoin is
that you should not touch it, how evil it is, etc etc
if they link it with god will, they will have a bigger influence too Wink

here we have a crowd vs banking institutions battle!
i think crowd always wins!
bitcoin will win, as internet has won, as mobile apps have won, as revolutions have won etc...

and don't forget the revolution will not be centralized Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=371235.new#new

legendary
That's strange,isn't that were bitstamp is located?

Yes. That's why I was asking. I hope the bankers will not seize the Bitstamp accounts and make a simple 90% haircut.  Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
This is richly ironic
You gotta laugh at panicking central bankers who can sense their control slipping
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
The wolf warning the sheep about the sheperds.
Activity: 476
Well they are saying pretty much the obvious. No need to jump on them because of that  Tongue
I mean it's not like they banned bitcoin or something  Tongue
Activity: 588
Take about being rude considering the money they confiscated to pay the country's debt.

I heard that Slovenia is the next in line. Can anyone update me on the situation there?

That's strange,isn't that were bitstamp is located?
legendary
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Pot calling the kettle back
Activity: 272
Does this count as irony?!

Best case of irony I have seen in a long time. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin Users warn about risks in use of the Cyprus Central Bank and depended organizations.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Criminals warn that exercising the right of self-defense is dangerous.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Do these people have the memory of a goldfish? Swim around the bowl and have a new experience again.
How recent was it that many Cypriots suffered from extreme danger when most of their savings was seized?

Looks like Cyprus is going to struggle to be a cryptcurrency hub, one of their few good ideas.
Activity: 667
This just in ...

The fox warns that guarding the henhouse is dangerous!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
That's just Cyprus, they steal from them own citizens, we can't get them ank serious Wink
Pages:
Jump to: