Pages:
Author

Topic: 2013 Casascius Silver .5 btc (Read 950 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 101
September 05, 2017, 03:59:50 AM
dude u a bitch
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
August 07, 2017, 10:31:29 PM
Get outta here with this "version" stuff, refer to the date on the front of the coin and the SERIES of the hologram only

I call bullshit on this coin without actual pics / any sort of pedigree

Anyone buying one of these without a known history is bonkers
legendary
Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057
Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!
August 01, 2017, 01:27:07 AM

Quoted for reference. Someone is deleting posts in this thread.  Undecided
Agree , My last post from this am disappeared.

Mine too
[/quote]

Yeah "someone". I guess this "someone" is also revealing PM content...
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
July 31, 2017, 11:06:22 PM

[/quote]

Mine too
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
July 31, 2017, 10:25:09 PM

[/quote]
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
July 31, 2017, 09:38:13 PM
They are not..... 

Series 2 holograms were Version 1...
Series 3 holograms were Version 2....

You have a Series 3 coin.....  Not that rare.....

SERIES 2 (VERSION 1)

SERIES 3 (VERSION 2)

Activity: 552
Merit: 250
July 31, 2017, 08:52:25 PM
Can we some pictures of the coin please.
thanks
Activity: 5
Merit: 4
July 31, 2017, 07:09:55 PM
EDIT: removed offer since not Series 2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 31, 2017, 12:02:42 AM
You may be able to auction it anyway and have the escrow agent receive the bitcoin, HODL it, then give you the private key to extract the bitcoin and bitcoin cash after you send the buyer the coin. Just an idea.

That could work. Thanks.
July 30, 2017, 11:53:24 PM
Hello,
     Would you consider a trade? I have some graded coins available for trade.  Smiley

Possibly
Activity: 48
July 30, 2017, 11:25:57 PM
You may be able to auction it anyway and have the escrow agent receive the bitcoin, HODL it, then give you the private key to extract the bitcoin and bitcoin cash after you send the buyer the coin. Just an idea.
Activity: 1912
Merit: 354
July 30, 2017, 09:04:50 PM
Hello,
     Would you consider a trade? I have some graded coins available for trade.  Smiley
July 30, 2017, 08:46:54 PM
Yes, I would highly recommend minerjones

Cool.  He won’t have it by Aug 1 though.  Looks like unless there’s someone local I won’t be getting any extra Bitcoin Cash.  Damn!
legendary
July 30, 2017, 08:36:04 PM
Yes, I would highly recommend minerjones
July 30, 2017, 08:17:59 PM
I thought you said it was version 2?  

You can check in the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins - the section on Casascius coins is free as a pdf from coinfirm.org

Yes, it is Series 2.  I didn’t think “Version” and “Series” was interchangeable in this case, but they are.  Thank you.

Wow, nice catch/score! Those are quite rare, do you plan to auction it? Thanks! 

I was thinking about it until I just found out about their rarity.

Can't blame you there. If you are in the states, you should send it to anacs and have it graded. Hopefully it's been in a casule it's whole life etc... Either way, congrats! Cheesy

Thank you.  I will look into that.

You have yourself quite a valuable coin, congratulations.  As owlcatz said, having it graded by ANACS is a good idea if you intend to sell it (assuming it has been stored in a capsule and is still in mint state)

Actually, I would like sell this one and to get the Bitcoin Cash attached to the number of coins.  I guess the usual way is to send it to someone for escrow, right?
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752
July 30, 2017, 07:29:44 PM

You can check in the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins - the section on Casascius coins is free as a pdf from coinfirm.org

Yes, it is Series 2.  I didn’t think “Version” and “Series” was interchangeable in this case, but they are.  Thank you.

Can't blame you there. If you are in the states, you should send it to anacs and have it graded. Hopefully it's been in a casule it's whole life etc... Either way, congrats! Cheesy

You have yourself quite a valuable coin, congratulations.  As owlcatz said, having it graded by ANACS is a good idea if you intend to sell it (assuming it has been stored in a capsule and is still in mint state)
July 30, 2017, 07:20:31 PM

legendary
July 30, 2017, 06:51:32 PM

July 30, 2017, 06:27:59 PM

legendary
July 30, 2017, 06:19:27 PM

Pages:
Jump to: