Pages:
Author

Topic: [2014-01-09] Overstock.com Is Now Accepting Bitcoins (Read 1518 times)

Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
Activity: 868
Merit: 250
Yep, this will certainly hurt Bitpay a smudge, but I'm guessing it'll ultimately help more than hurt.

Competition is good, and isn't that a motto of Bitcoiners?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
Is it me or has the market been pretty calm after this announcement.  What do you guys think?

I wonder if thats it!  Huh

I think there's a fair bit of growth built into the market if you're talking about the price of bitcoin...

So I wouldn't expect a pop after this.  We'll see if there's a sell off, but I'd assume the market has been expecting this for a while.

I think the next mark will be when Overtsock releases how much it has improved their bottom line, perhaps on their earnings call.
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
"I'm a big fan of Bitcoin … Regulation of money supply needs to be depoliticized. "

-Al Gore, Former US Vice President and
Winner of Nobel Peace Prize

I have nothing against this, none what so ever...just.. doesn't Al Gore have an issue about Co2 and ye ol' climate? lol.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I am actually excited about this.  I would think other retailers will wait and see how Overstock does.  How will Overstock convert it into fiat though?  I thought exchanges needed to be regulated and there weren't any in US?

Correct me if I am wrong here but they partnered with Coinbase.com I assume that's how.

Cheers

Yep, this will certainly hurt Bitpay a smudge, but I'm guessing it'll ultimately help more than hurt.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
It's now time to spend some bitcoins to show them that was a good idea Cheesy
Activity: 680
Merit: 500
No Bitcoin option in the UK...
Is it me or has the market been pretty calm after this announcement.  What do you guys think?

I wonder if thats it!  Huh
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Ok, so I searched for anything I could actually buy there and when I finally found something I would be willing to buy, there was no option to pay in bitcoin.

Bitcoin Payment option is US only  Angry (at least that's the issue for me)

https://twitter.com/Overstock/status/421388627462324224

thx
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Ok, so I searched for anything I could actually buy there and when I finally found something I would be willing to buy, there was no option to pay in bitcoin.

https://twitter.com/Overstock/status/421388627462324224
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
great news. i would love to buy something but i guess from europe its impossible?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
Overstock.com sell cars. A wide selection, from what I'm seeing.

Big news.
I am actually excited about this.  I would think other retailers will wait and see how Overstock does.  How will Overstock convert it into fiat though?  I thought exchanges needed to be regulated and there weren't any in US?

Correct me if I am wrong here but they partnered with Coinbase.com I assume that's how.

Cheers
Activity: 132
Merit: 10
Now it's time to ask for Shipito.com for the Bitcoin acception!
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
I am actually excited about this.  I would think other retailers will wait and see how Overstock does.  How will Overstock convert it into fiat though?  I thought exchanges needed to be regulated and there weren't any in US?
Activity: 34
This was much needed.. Now just sit and wait as other merchants follow..
Pages:
Jump to: