Pages:
Author

Topic: 2014-02-04 Major Bitcoin Exchange Not Executing Withdrawals Now Owes Clients 38m (Read 3075 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Good thing I abandoned MtGox already last year then.
I however feel bad for the ones that are going down with the sinking ship Sad
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Its clasic ponzi scheme.

Gox not have money.
Activity: 4
Merit: 100
Can Mt Gox users withdrew their money in the form of BTC? I think only the fiat withdrawals are on hold.

BTC withdrawals have been intermittent at best for more than a week.
Activity: 901
Merit: 1033
BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Can Mt Gox users withdrew their money in the form of BTC? I think only the fiat withdrawals are on hold.
Down for me is reporting MTGOX is not up.

Can anyone shed any light on this:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.mtgox.com
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
It's impressive how fast the once dominating exchange loses market share.

On the contrary I'm surprised they still have as much market share as they do.  They still have like 25% market share; how they heck did they manage to maintain that much when they haven't had working withdrawals for more than 6 months.

Simple you can't withdraw Bitcoins either now.  You can withdraw dollars, you can't withdraw Bitcoins.  I guess there solution is to force everyone to trade until the entire balance is converted to trading fees.  Problem solved. 

How does BitSimple work? its not an exchange but its not localbitoins? so how do we trade on it?

Does it work with any banks in NA?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

On the contrary I'm surprised they still have as much market share as they do.  They still have like 25% market share; how they heck did they manage to maintain that much when they haven't had working withdrawals for more than 6 months.

Simple you can't withdraw Bitcoins either now.  You can withdraw dollars, you can't withdraw Bitcoins.  I guess there solution is to force everyone to trade until the entire balance is converted to trading fees.  Problem solved. 
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

I think Gox's days are definitely over. Hopefully the other operators don't repeat the same mistakes.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 898
Merit: 1000
How does Gox still exist? I discovered Bitcoin in 2012 and I never used Mt Gox due to the bad reviews on this forum. I am still hoping they might add LTC support though  Tongue
Activity: 365
Merit: 100
Hearing thing like this make me glad I could never get money into Gox.
What? People are still using MtGox?

For my sins.

Only had a tiny bit in there.
Activity: 756
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
What? People are still using MtGox?
Some friend's transactions are backed up for over six days and my tiny withdrawal is not showing up after 40 minutes :/

Think I'm totally done with MTGOX now.

Bring on exchange decentralisation.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
What a BS statement. What transactions are considered large? 5btc?

Because i just tried to withdraw 5btc and nothing. Same problem of not showing on blockchain. Fck you Gox.

There are people in #mtgox with failed 0.25 BTC withdrawals. So the "smaller is better" is total BS.
zby
legendary
Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001
Bigger bitcoin amounts need more bandwidth or what?  Cheesy

This problem applies primarily to larger transactions

They don't have enough bitcoins for the bigger bitcoin transfers.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Bigger bitcoin amounts need more bandwidth or what?  Cheesy

This problem applies primarily to larger transactions
Activity: 661
They owe us bitcoinica users about 60k BTC.. why no press coverage??
Activity: 658
Mt. Gox issued a statement:

Dear MtGox Customers,

As noted recently, we are currently experiencing a problem where some bitcoin withdrawals are not being transferred correctly, affecting a limited number of users. Currently the problem is being fixed, but many previous transactions did not go through over the past days. Those transactions have now been returned to customer accounts in full, so any transactions that appeared to be "stuck" should now be refunded.

This problem applies primarily to larger transactions, so we appreciate your patience as we fix the issue. Smaller transactions should be fine in the meantime, and we will update you on the status as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

MtGox Team

What a BS statement. What transactions are considered large? 5btc?

Because i just tried to withdraw 5btc and nothing. Same problem of not showing on blockchain. Fck you Gox.
Pages:
Jump to: