Pages:
Author

Topic: [2014-02-07] CNBC: Bitcoin plummets 20% after major exchange halts withdrawals (Read 1343 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
It is a huge Buy opportunity.
R.I.P Gox
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
This is TOTALLY irresponsible behavior from Gox.  Not that it's surprising but how can they suddenly say they'll stop withdrawals but then continue to allow trading?  Thereby crashing the price.  What a bunch of fools that work over there.

The fools are the people that use gox. How long can it actually keep on operating?
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
On the good side, if gox allows btc withdrawals the price will skyrocket. Other exchanges will probably follow.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Bitstamp is what I go buy not Mt.Gox... even BTC-e is better in my opinion

When you cant withdraw ANY fund from the exchange, it doesnt matter what price. Gox price is an illusion. USD fund takes any where from 4-5 months. .... Such jokes.

I bet the "whales" that you see on GOX are Mark's friends and associates....
Activity: 280
Bitstamp is what I go buy not Mt.Gox... even BTC-e is better in my opinion
Actually BTC dipped by more than 30%. From $980 to $680 in Gox.

Oh please ..... GOX price is not real. Dont be a fool and stop quoting Gox price for gods sake. B4 this "crash" they only have 25% of the market. Guess how much it would be after this?

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Actually BTC dipped by more than 30%. From $980 to $680 in Gox.
I've been buying near the 700 price tag  Cool Cool

This is for sure a buying opportunity

nice, i wish i can move funds to exchanges quicker. Damn banking system

i gotta warn you tho to be careful cuz there are "some" banks that will terminate your bank account if you deal with certain bitcoin exchanges... don't move too much money at once... Cool

LOL i'm not worried about that. Because i have accounts in ALL banks at my location Cheesy. If one terminate my account, i will just move fund to another one. Stupid banks think they can control how we use our money.

I've been buying near the 700 price tag  Cool Cool

i gotta warn you tho to be careful cuz there are "some" banks that will terminate your bank account if you deal with certain bitcoin exchanges... don't move too much money at once... Cool

The good news is that naysayers have been predicting that if Mt. Gox closed, Bitcoin would fail. They have been proved wrong.

No dumbass, show me how bitcoin "failed"

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
Back when the price was barely $50 or less people were saying the exact same thing, this isn't going away, people are going to come up with whatever bullshit they can to try and scare people away from cryptocurrencies.

..and none of it will work. In fact, it'll have the exact opposite effect.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Back when the price was barely $50 or less people were saying the exact same thing, this isn't going away, people are going to come up with whatever bullshit they can to try and scare people away from cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
There's presently about $120 difference in price between the cavirtex and bitstamp exchanges, to name a couple. Plenty of arbitrage opportunities, if that's your thing.

I smell mischief - especially since the msm are bleating "plummet", but as always it is hard to tell who is doing what to whom.

legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
The good news is that naysayers have been predicting that if Mt. Gox closed, Bitcoin would fail. They have been proved wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
This is TOTALLY irresponsible behavior from Gox.  Not that it's surprising but how can they suddenly say they'll stop withdrawals but then continue to allow trading?  Thereby crashing the price.  What a bunch of fools that work over there.

Bullshit.

Let's suppose mtgox "rectifies" and halts trading as well, then people will yell around about how irresponsible it is to halt trading when the BTC withdrawal problem has nothing to do with trading. And the price could plummet in the other exchanges anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Always, always be suspicious of any kind of financial institution that has strange withdrawal limits and requirements.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
This creates an awesome buying opportunity.
Pages:
Jump to: