Pages:
Author

Topic: [2014-02-26] Sen. Manchin demands complete US ban on Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 3892 times)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
...spending Bitcoin now will cost you many orders of wealth in the future...

U.S. Joe Manchin III
United States Senator

Did this motherfucker just say he's bullish?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
U.S. Joe Manchin III
United States Senator

Most stupid argument I have ever heard.

Cheesy

Career politicians are not where they are due to their intelligence.
Activity: 868
U.S. Joe Manchin III
United States Senator

Most stupid argument I have ever heard.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Thanks Mark,for bringing this awesome negative attention to Bitcoin,may you rest in peace forever!!!!!!!!  Roll Eyes
Activity: 434
This guy is a total shill for the banks.

Once they ban Bitcoin in the USA it will be a perfect money laundering tool for the Banks and Government.

It's amazing how these rich people feel like they should have an exclusive form of currency for fucking the system.
Activity: 434
Bitcoins are disruptive to the economy? Does Congress has authority to ban Bitcoins, but they can pretty much regulate it however they see fit. It's a basic Constitutional power.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
"Manchin, who is a member of the Senate banking committee"

It's just in his friends's interests to ban bitcoin :p

So, who's up for some sort of organized, distributed bitcoin-oriented campaign/activism to unseat this guy?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I have to ask a serious question, base on what can the government "ban" bitcoin? Isnt that against constitutions of US citizens?

Actually you will see that the Founding Fathers of the US constituion had very different viewpoints on how financial transactions were handled
Many of them actually hated the idea of a Federal Reserve and fought against it
Madison was the one who wrote the Second Bank of the United States into existence with his arguments in the Federalist Papers and the popularity of the greenback
But over time banking interests from Britain brought back the Federal Reserve and  Centralized Banking

I'm sure if the founding fathers had a say in the constitution as it is written now and could apply Bitcoin to it we would see very strong arguments for this type of system over a centralized one.

____
Excerpt from the Money Masters
https://archive.org/stream/TheMoneyMasters/Money_Masters_djvu.txt

What one has to understand is that from the day the Constitution was adopted right up to today, the folks who profit from
privately owned central banks, like the Fed, or, as President Madison called them, the "Money Changers," have fought a
running battle for control over who gets to issue America's money.

Why is who issues the money so important? Think of money as just another commodity. If you have a monopoly on a
commodity that everyone needs, everyone wants, and nobody has enough of, there are lots of ways to make a profit and also
exert tremendous political influence.

That's what this battle is all about. Throughout the history of the United States, the money power has gone back and forth
between Congress and some sort of privately-owned central bank. The American people fought off four privately-owned
central banks, before succumbing to the first stage of a fifth privately-owned central bank during a time of national weakness
- the Civil War.

The founding fathers knew the evils of a privately-owned central bank. First of all, they had seen how the privately-owned
British central bank, the Bank of England, had run up the British national debt to such an extent that Parliament had been
forced to place unfair taxes on the American colonies.

I n fact, as we'll see later, Ben Franklin claimed that this was the real cause of the American Revolution. Most of the founding
fathers realized the potential dangers of banking, and feared bankers' accumulation of wealth and power. Jefferson put it this
way:

"/ sincerely believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have
raised up a money aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks
and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs. "

That succinct statement of Jefferson is in fact, the solution to most of our economic problems today. James Madison, the main
author of the Constitution, agreed. Interestingly, he called those behind the central bank scheme "Money Changers." Madison
strongly criticized their actions:

"History records that the Money Changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to
maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance."
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Nearly everything the government does violates the US Constitution. And the courts usually rubber stamp the fuck out of everything, no matter how blatant, no matter how many innocent lives it costs.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I have to ask a serious question, base on what can the government "ban" bitcoin? Isnt that against constitutions of US citizens?

legendary
he changed his mind: now he is PRO btc:

http://www.tippercoin.com/#/profile/Sen_JoeManchin

Grin

Is this the birth of the Bitcoin NRA
Good old funding hehe
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Senator Manchin was able to introduce his bill because the stupid Americans do not support this bill written by the brave American patriots militia groups:

BREAKING NEWS: American Patriots Militia Groups taking down the Federal Reserve
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/breaking-news-american-patriots-militia-groups-taking-down-the-federal-reserve-485187
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
On second thoughts, he's probably just trolling ... good one senator troll, attention whore.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
Changes viewpoint a bit

All empires wish to maintain their empire and that impacts their rationale
Justice is a part of politics but stability is human nature in his case the Federal Reserve System
Since Bitcoin is not going to go away all you can do is moderate and this impacts his opinion to the extreme point of banning any changes to the status quo

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
but supernintendo wants bitcoin! so go to hell Machin  Tongue
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
How many have written him so far? I will write an email to him tonight. Us talking to each other here is not going to derail his train. Let your representatives know or face the ignorant legislation they dream up. 

Writing to him is a waste of time.  He is a zealot.  Write to YOUR representative, voice your opinion and ask him or her point blank if they support Sen. Manchin's dubious (and almost certainly unconstitutional) proposal.
legendary
Guy is a lost cause ... who voted for idiots like these?
Time to replace Sen.Manchin I guess ^^
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
How many have written him so far? I will write an email to him tonight. Us talking to each other here is not going to derail his train. Let your representatives know or face the ignorant legislation they dream up.  
Pages:
Jump to: