Pages:
Author

Topic: [2015-04-29] FT: Why women stay away from bitcoin - page 2. (Read 2189 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
I can't even read it without registering there but does she assume that women are staying away because they aren't invited to conferences? Most bitcoin users never been to a conference or a meeting.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

Here we go again with 'no women in bitcoin' topick. This time from I. Kaminska from FT (known for her negative stance on Bitcoin):

Why women stay away from bitcoin

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0d52ab06-ef41-11e4-a6d2-00144feab7de.html#axzz3Z0K6eKjy

Am I correct in thinking that bitcoin enthusiasts believe they’ve created the ultimate universal payment system — better than any standing banking system or government currency?

Pretty much.

Isn’t there perhaps a slight flaw in this assumption if 96 per cent of that community is male?

Yes. But, hey, I’m a woman who writes a lot about bitcoin. To use bitcoin community speak: ask me anything.

So you do go to these exclusive bitcoin meetups?

No. Since I am both a critic of the movement’s hyperbolic nature and a woman, I have never had the privilege of being invited. As a rule you have to be a bitcoin developer, a coder or a marketeer to secure an invite. That said, I do get to chat to community members as and when they show up to conferences and panel events aimed at enlightening the bitcoin-illiterate. Incidentally, the bitcoin conference business is fast emerging as a cottage industry in its own right.
Pages:
Jump to: