Pages:
Author

Topic: (2015) Ripple will be bigger then Bitcoin (Read 2776 times)

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 22, 2014, 08:16:02 PM
This is how a fake ICO works:

The foot soldiers commit to buying a certain amount the coin during the ICO. The leaders get 100% of the BTC generated from the ICO back, and refund the foot soldiers what they bought, without taking back the coins involved. This means the soldiers can sell these coins later at any price above 1 satoshi – and it is all pure profit, since they got their original BTC back already.

Of course fig leafs are needed for such a play. Large chunks of ICO are set aside for “marketing” and “development”. Conveniently, it is the ICO leaders who control these addresses.

One would think this sort of thing would eventually boomerang back on the leaders. And usually it does. But only for awhile. Because after the fud subsides, the only people left in the coin are those who are “investors”  and “believers”. And for very different reasons, these stakeholders have no interest in seeing truth emerge.

Investors don’t want to demand truth and accountability. That would tank the price forever and they would never be able to realize any gain, or even get out alive.

The believers are a species unto themselves. They develop a cult like devotion to the coin and its supposed technology, blocking out all reasonable outside voices. They cultivate a devotion to the leader of the coin – usually the dev – and join with him in his messianic complex,  which is defined roughly like this: CoinX is going to change the world, and the world doesn’t want that to happen. Paid forces are out to get the leader, and we must circle around him.

If it all gets too much, the leaders of the coin just remove it from the public eye. They retreat to a private forum or bb, where only the voices of the leader and followers can be heard.  Smiley

so... you saying ripple is a pure scam like *name scam coin here* and that the devs will drop the project like *name scam coin here* as soon as they made money and will be laughing all the way to the bank?

if so, then ripple labs is scamming the banks!  THAT IS AWESOME!  hahahaha

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
December 22, 2014, 07:39:59 PM
This is how a fake ICO works:

The foot soldiers commit to buying a certain amount the coin during the ICO. The leaders get 100% of the BTC generated from the ICO back, and refund the foot soldiers what they bought, without taking back the coins involved. This means the soldiers can sell these coins later at any price above 1 satoshi – and it is all pure profit, since they got their original BTC back already.

Of course fig leafs are needed for such a play. Large chunks of ICO are set aside for “marketing” and “development”. Conveniently, it is the ICO leaders who control these addresses.

One would think this sort of thing would eventually boomerang back on the leaders. And usually it does. But only for awhile. Because after the fud subsides, the only people left in the coin are those who are “investors”  and “believers”. And for very different reasons, these stakeholders have no interest in seeing truth emerge.

Investors don’t want to demand truth and accountability. That would tank the price forever and they would never be able to realize any gain, or even get out alive.

The believers are a species unto themselves. They develop a cult like devotion to the coin and its supposed technology, blocking out all reasonable outside voices. They cultivate a devotion to the leader of the coin – usually the dev – and join with him in his messianic complex,  which is defined roughly like this: CoinX is going to change the world, and the world doesn’t want that to happen. Paid forces are out to get the leader, and we must circle around him.

If it all gets too much, the leaders of the coin just remove it from the public eye. They retreat to a private forum or bb, where only the voices of the leader and followers can be heard.  Smiley
legendary
December 22, 2014, 07:21:23 PM
i wonder why rippledark hasn't been created yet.  also xrippleshares...
Activity: 312
Merit: 254
December 22, 2014, 03:02:46 PM
Bitcoin was created in order to avoid banks-> People invest in ripple because banks are in the game -> :genius:

Maybe ripple becomes more valuable than bitcoin, but please, don't compare it to bitcoin because they are very different things, ripple will continue scaming people like current economic system, if you want to make some bucks, them Oc... but if you really believe in crypto, you have many things to think about before continue talking
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
December 22, 2014, 01:19:58 PM
Yeah, ripple is great because most of us want our money to be entirely controlled and issued by our owners.  

That's exactly why I invested in the decentralized Ripple = BitShares.

BitShares was born of a traditional fair launch of a POW coin (Ptotoshares), and the Protoshares coinholders are now BitShares owners who vote on who gets to be their miners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrif9uThwSY

If you are a great miner and want to mine BitShares, then apply to work for the (Ripple-style 10 sec block times and 24/7 Bitcoin 2.0 trustless asset trading) blockchain, then fill out a job application here:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=61.0
(these are miners who are begging to work for the public blockchain)

BitShares is currently a $44 million market cap DAC that you can come work for if you want to.  You just choose your salary, introduce yourself on the forum, and we vote you in!  BitShares will soon have milti-sig & escrow (due in the next release), and aslo due later on are DNS, voting, and a turing complete scripting language (not really a big deal, it just sounds cool (it's a buzz word that gets attention but is an easy feature for great devs like Dan or Vitalik to construct because they are a lot alike in brainpower)).  

I know, these facts sound an awful lot like hype, so they must be "hyperfacts"

Smart Contracts with turing complete scripting environment has been added to the BitShares roadmap to facilitate growth and prototyping of new features.  This feature combined with BitAssets should give Ethereum some serious competition in the smart contract market.

Ripple is cool, but a little too centralized for my liking.  I tried and loved the split second trading, but I missed the cold wallet features of Bitcoin and BitShares.

BitShares is like the public's blockchain because you get to tell it what to do (like a powerful Asimov robot who must listen to your commands and obey you) unlike Ripple and Bitcoin.  The coin owners are in control, not the Bitcoin foundation or the Ripple preminers.
Activity: 350
December 22, 2014, 11:54:09 AM
I love ripple til my xrp are stolen, now i think the security of ripple system could be stronger

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Ripple Trade now features 2 factor authentication and a separate desktop client has been released. If you are a technical user, then you may also manually sign transactions with your private key. Actively ensure sensitive data is stored securely.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
December 22, 2014, 11:41:46 AM
I love ripple til my xrp are stolen, now i think the security of ripple system could be stronger
legendary
Activity: 861
December 22, 2014, 11:20:45 AM
just because this month's pumping game so you think ripple will be bigger then btc
i think it is not according to
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
December 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM
  (2015) Ripple will be bigger then Bitcoin

although this is possible, but by bigger, ripple could be bigger in transactional volume and trading volume than BTC while the XRP price remains the same.  and that's what matters.

A substantially and controlled rise in price would just make for an avalanche way of distribution.
It is pretty un-pegged to Bitcoin, and I think this is one of its major advantages.
legendary
Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008
December 22, 2014, 03:49:51 AM
Ripple might take over because people are tired of miners.
Miners are a bunch of good for nothings that create inflation and suck wealth out of investors.

Yeah, ripple is great because most of us want our money to be entirely controlled and issued by our owners. 

They should have infinite power though, ripple only gives them all the existing money not the power to issue more in secret. 
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
December 21, 2014, 09:06:37 PM
Invest all your life savings into Ripple.   Shocked  You can be billionaire too  Cheesy
This embraces it. Perfectly depicturing the mutually exclusivity ... opposing redundance.
  • I can only invest my life savings for this, or for that. Cannot have both. If I transfer everything into Ripples, other investments have to go.
  • Banks allready know a means a electronical money transfer, and Ripple just recently arrived, as the last. Will it replace the formerly employed methods? Really?
Ripple can neither expand, nor replace anything currently in existance. It is not the next killer application.

Miners are a bunch of good for nothings that create inflation and suck wealth out of investors.
This argument is more suited for POS, and opposes POW. Exactly my line of argumentation usually.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 21, 2014, 08:54:44 PM
legendary
December 21, 2014, 06:57:04 PM
  (2015) Ripple will be bigger then Bitcoin

although this is possible, but by bigger, ripple could be bigger in transactional volume and trading volume than BTC while the XRP price remains the same.  and that's what matters.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
December 21, 2014, 06:48:57 PM

Wasn't this supposed to happen in 2014?

~BCX~

Yup, and Bitcoin was supposed to hit the moon as well. 
No, Satoshi did not state this.
"Ripple supporters" however did make the same thread for 2014. I'm guessing we will see a (2016) thread in 12 months.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
December 21, 2014, 04:13:28 PM
Basically people holding bitcoins or ripple at a certain date this year will be able to claim free stellars proportionnaly.
Great way to find out who owns what in the blockchain.
Don't like the sound of that.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 21, 2014, 02:11:44 PM

Wasn't this supposed to happen in 2014?

~BCX~

Yup, and Bitcoin was supposed to hit the moon as well. 
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
meow
December 21, 2014, 01:14:06 PM
I'd like to see Ripple in a better spot. That pump a few days ago was very nice.
Activity: 294
December 21, 2014, 01:05:53 PM
Banks are in? I'm so out of it...
Well, basically I was never in XRP...

Banks are gonna takeover the market, then what? it'll become centeralised...

MR1
legendary
Activity: 927
December 21, 2014, 12:58:41 PM
My forecast: as soon as Stellar gets distributed freely to the bitcoin holders (starting end of January), people will forget Ripple. Let's see how it plays out.

Are they going to distribute all 100.000.000.000 Stellars freely next year?

I don't think so. First it will be the 20 billions for the ripple and bitcoin program at the beginning of the year.

What does "ripple and bitcoin program" mean?

https://www.stellar.org/about/mandate/#Bitcoin_program

Basically people holding bitcoins or ripple at a certain date this year will be able to claim free stellars proportionnaly.

So when they launch bitcoin program, the Stellar price will be massively dumped!
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
December 21, 2014, 12:43:28 PM
My forecast: as soon as Stellar gets distributed freely to the bitcoin holders (starting end of January), people will forget Ripple. Let's see how it plays out.

Are they going to distribute all 100.000.000.000 Stellars freely next year?

I don't think so. First it will be the 20 billions for the ripple and bitcoin program at the beginning of the year.

What does "ripple and bitcoin program" mean?

https://www.stellar.org/about/mandate/#Bitcoin_program

And they will tell the exact date only to the insiders?

Such transparency.
Pages:
Jump to: