Pages:
Author

Topic: [2017-10-27] Bitcoin’s origin remains a mystery. Here's why it matters! - page 2. (Read 5257 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
If Satoshi would reappear, I think he will most likely refuse to take the role of leader, because he wanted Bitcoin to be developed by open source contributors, with approval from the community, which is what we actually have now. It might even be one of the reasons why he choose to leave, so Bitcoin won't have a weak central point, like for example Vitalik Buterin is for Ethereum's network - just remember how the price crashed some time ago when someone started spreading rumors that he died in a car accident. So, from a technical standpoint it doesn't matter who is Satoshi, and if the market is rational, it shouldn't strongly affect the price.

If he did come out of hiding I feel like the markets would react very harshly. Not necessarily because he appeared and because it might have some sort of impact (he probably would not have a significant impact anyway-- Bitcoin has been doing fine without him), but specifically because of the market trying to overpredict itself. It would be just day traders trying to out-trade themselves. I would honestly be surprised if a significant price change caused by this were to last for the long term, whether it be an upwards change or a downwards one.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148
If Satoshi would reappear, I think he will most likely refuse to take the role of leader, because he wanted Bitcoin to be developed by open source contributors, with approval from the community, which is what we actually have now. It might even be one of the reasons why he choose to leave, so Bitcoin won't have a weak central point, like for example Vitalik Buterin is for Ethereum's network - just remember how the price crashed some time ago when someone started spreading rumors that he died in a car accident. So, from a technical standpoint it doesn't matter who is Satoshi, and if the market is rational, it shouldn't strongly affect the price.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
I do not think that the identification of Satoshi Nakamoto or the team that subscribed to this pseudonym is of great importance for the functioning of the crypto currency. Moreover, it will have a serious impact on its domestic policy. Whatever it was, however, I believe that this mystery will no longer be revealed. Periodically, there will be versions on this matter and even some evidence will be presented to support these theories, but it will not lead to anything. Almost ten years have passed since the creation of bitcoin and the more time it takes, the harder it is to get to the truth.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
It will definitely have a impact. If the NSA is behind this, people will drop BTC like a dog drops a turd. We saw what happened

when CW claimed to be Satoshi Nakamoto. { A lot of personal attacks and raids from his local authorities } If he was found

alive and in control of his +/- 1 000 000 coins.. people will doubt his/her intentions for not selling. We will see a shit storm, if

his/her or their identity is revealed.   Angry
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
One of the biggest mysteries in the technology world is the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto, the computer programmer who invented the digital currency bitcoin.

That's because the name—Satoshi Nakamoto—is a pseudonym. It could represent a man, a woman, or even a group of people.

And, since the cryptocurrency was created in 2008, no one has been able to figure out who Nakamoto really is.

But beyond solving a longstanding mystery, experts agree that uncovering Nakamoto's identity could have an immense impact on bitcoin's economics and internal politics.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/27/bitcoins-origin-story-remains-shrouded-in-mystery-heres-why-it-matters.html
Pages:
Jump to: