Pages:
Author

Topic: [2017-11-02] Siberians Use Cryptocurrency Miners to Heat Homes (Read 5292 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 256
glad to have that they come up with that idea, it is serve as a dual purpose, one is to heat the house and while the other is income generating machine both process are correlated. But my question is how do they control the heat when the summer come and how many gpu does it need to heat the entire home. it is a good modeling concept that need to be followed by other european region where climate where extreme and imbalance.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
my cats love chilling in my mining room 
Activity: 82
Merit: 13
What is the temperature in the summer in his apartment? How will he cool it?

It's Siberia, there is not much need for cooling in the summer...

But I don't see how that's newsworthy, I bet half of the mine-at-home miners here have been heating their homes with miners for a while  Wink Wink Wink Building a house based on that concept is interesting, though...
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
What is the temperature in the summer in his apartment? How will he cool it?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Wewww What is Siberians  Huh Huh
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
I do not believe in Siberia that houses can heat up with mining, there are devices that provide very little heat. You can not heat up with these devices. You need at least 30 GPUs to heat a 5 square meter room.
No you are clearly exaggerating. I have the installation of the 6 GPU. It is enough to heat a room 40 square meters in any weather. But is in this room will be difficult because the fan noise creates discomfort. But distribute the heat throughout the house will be difficult. Ventilation can consume more energy than heating.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
I do not believe in Siberia that houses can heat up with mining, there are devices that provide very little heat. You can not heat up with these devices. You need at least 30 GPUs to heat a 5 square meter room.
You must be don't know how much heat a mining farm produces and how stein cooling system it needs for it's work. I am a fan of recicling and even those heat is enough to give heat in some children garden or a hospital there I think it is genios.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Cold regions really has an advantage on mining aside from their climate helps
cooling their devices they are also using the heat that the machines emits to warm
their place. And these regions has cheaper electricity costs.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
It is a great method to conserve and rescue energy in the best possible way.

Yes this is a great way to conserve energy. Instead of using other heating machines, they can use instead the heat emitted by the miners and it would be like hitting two birds with one stone. They are earning through mining and the heat instead of just being wasted will be used as well which is a big help also to the environment conserving electricity. Though this is only applicable in few countries because other countries are excruciatingly hot so a heater would be useless, still it is a great idea.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

Sure it is. There's actually a lot of ways you can do that. It's even possible to use your miners to heat up water and be able to take a hot bath on the courtesy of Bitcoin.
Heat is energy and energy can be used for all sorts of things and put to work, you just need to convert it.
I just hope they won't ban cryptos in Russia. It's a promising market.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
My friend has been doing it for years (in Europe). He put the miners in an unused storage room and feeds the hot air through vents. Seems to be working fine Cheesy
If mining is so popular there they should start protesting against their country's stance towards cryptocurrencies, although with how the protesters are usually being handled in Russia I doubt it will achieve anything. Most likely get them thrown in jail.

It's not a good idea. To heat the house, heat from equipment is ineffective. Of course it's silly not to use this heat, but it is not enough to abandon the primary method of heating. My rig can heat the room only in the fall. When it's cold she can not cope with the heating.
You either have badly insulated walls, windows or both. 1 rig with 4GPUs can heat up a 10 sqm room with ease, provided that the insulation is good.
I had 2 normal gaming PCs running in a 15 sqm room (no mining) and they kept it 10*C above the outside temp with no additional heating.
Activity: 406
Merit: 255
It's not a good idea. To heat the house, heat from equipment is ineffective. Of course it's silly not to use this heat, but it is not enough to abandon the primary method of heating. My rig can heat the room only in the fall. When it's cold she can not cope with the heating.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

Further, this can help both miners and people are the mines and will benefit them both. It will help miners to use the extra heat, also this is just one way to conserve energy the heat produced by the machines can be used in numerous ways everyone just needs to find it ways of conserving the energy in the best possible way.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
The idea to heat houses with underfloor cryptocurrency heating systems is great. It`s much more useful to mine cryptocurrency in Syberia, than in other warmer regions. Because as i suggest, prefabricated buildings in Irkutsk urban areas has no enough thermal insulation, this city consumes a lot of coal and oil,gas energy, that can be uses both for crypto mining and heating. Great idea.
The idea is absolutely great especially for such long winter region as Irkutsk, but what do they plan to do in summer when the temperature is high? Is there any project for that case?
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Just a very innovative idea because Siberia weather is very very cold. I guess this is how humans evolved early in history, they always find ways to take advantage of every situation. Like what we are seeing in Siberia, at least there's no need to have some heating device because mining farms or rigs really emits a lot of heat, so in turn this will make the house in a normal temperature already. They have save a lot of electricity here. Congrats to the investors of this, who exploited everything to their advantage.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Quiet innovative and thoughtful. This town is showing the world how much they can benefit from accepting cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Human imagination has no boundaries,and combine pleasant with useful is always win-win situation.I see something like this before in some other countries,although not such a sophisticated method-but people use crypto mining to heat their homes in the winter months.It is just a heat which can be exploited or may be released without any purpose.

Siberians found an excellent solution and in one process they make money+heat homes+reduce pollution with less use of fossil fuels.I must say that this is really a great idea,I hope some others will follow their example.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I really lol'ed at this one. It seems that Siberian people are too innovative in making heaters at their home by making a miner hardware to heat their homes while earning a good amount of cryptocurrencies, it just like hitting 2 birds with 1 stone. People are way smart though in thinking this kind of things and use it as a secondary choice for heaters.

How I wish that our country is a cold one too to be able to mine with no problem in over heating the mining rigs and our electricity cost are way for expensive compare to our neighboring countries. Lucky people in their cold countries maximizing their earning potential at its finest.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
This is the great idea as it solve the both purpose of mining and getting the heat as required by those people to survive. Only thing that can cause the worry is that the machine heat may not be a good for health and can cause some disease to them . So this should be checked and if approved then its perfectly fine.
Pages:
Jump to: