Pages:
Author

Topic: [2017-11-29] How to Buy Bitcoin When Underage - page 2. (Read 1382 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
November 29, 2017, 11:41:48 AM
There's an even easier way as you can simply ask your parents to register in your name on the exchange and then you can keep using their account to trade. I wouldn't face any difficulties if I told my parents that I need to invest my own money and need their ID to get my account verified.
You can also obtain some altcoins via different giveaways and airdrops and exchange them for BTC without verification.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
November 29, 2017, 10:26:26 AM

There’s no such thing as a legal age to buy bitcoin. If you’re old enough to appreciate it, you should be old enough to buy it. In practice though, most exchanges mandate a minimum age of 18, in keeping with KYC requirements. It doesn’t matter how clearly you’ve scanned your documents and signed your name: if you’re underage, you’re not getting in. How, then, can minors buy bitcoin without breaking the law?

Teenagers eager to buy bitcoin have a number of options at their disposal. The ‘legality’ of each method is subject to interpretation, but from a technical perspective, the following are at least viable:

1. eBay: It’s not just sneakers and bumper stickers that can be picked up on eBay – sellers will also furnish you with bitcoin.
2. Bitcoin ATM: In theory, ATMs are the perfect way for under-18s to buy cryptocurrency.
3. Localbitcoins: Technically, the same rules that govern cryptocurrency exchanges also apply to sites like Localbitcoins.com.
4. P2P exchanges: Aside from Localbitcoins, there are sites such as Solidi in the UK whose terms and conditions advise that “Persons under the age of 18 wishing to trade must contact us first”.
5. Local cryptocurrency groups: Look on Facebook or Twitter and you’ll probably find crypto meetups in your area. The organizers of these groups are keen to encourage bitcoin adoption and may be happy to help.

Should Minors Be Buying Bitcoin? Adults with a keen interest in bitcoin need little encouragement to preach the decentralized gospel to their kids. The chances of growing up in a cryptocurrency “house-hodl” and not being exposed to bitcoin are slim to non-existent. Teaching the next generation about cryptocurrency’s potential, though, should also include a word of warning about its risks, both in terms of volatility and security. More on this here...

I am predicting that in the coming years the influence of these young people now entering Bitcoin and cryptocurrency can be felt all over the whole market. More and more youngsters are getting interested with Bitcoin as it can even be the called the official 'money' of their generation. It is in fact good if we can start them to get interested and to hold some Bitcoin while still young so they can have something to harvest later at the proper age.

Is there a member in your 'house-hodl' below the age of 18 who is already into Bitcoin? Please share their experience here as well as the viewpoint of the whole family. 
Pages:
Jump to: