Pages:
Author

Topic: 2017 Christmas "correction" (Read 352 times)

Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
December 28, 2017, 02:10:37 PM
I have timed it well luckily I have converted my Bitcoin to Fiat Currency when it was proced around 20,000$ and currently bought back Bitcoin at the amount of 12,600$ . I have a considerable increased in terms of Bitcoin quantity. Good thing there are corrections such as this one as it can make you collect more Bitcoins in the long run. I hope that this strategy will work in the long run as increasing your position with the use of its volatility is a good way to increase your profit.
Same situation we do have since i have able to exit and enter on the most precise price range of bitcoin on those times which it did really give me some serious profits on those times which i decided up to re-roll it or buyback when bitcoins price did able to go back on 12k price point which is the most good spot to buyback and until now im holding and waiting for reaching out that ATH again.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
December 28, 2017, 02:03:53 PM
Hodling my bitcoin is the best option for me now irrespective of whatever dip or correction taking place presently some of school of thought opinionated that it was due to Christmas dump, personally  I observed the behavior of bitcoin whenever there is a correction, bitcoin always recover in leaps and bound. e.g during the Chinese clamped down on some exchanges it affected the price of bitcoin dropping low thereafter bitcoin recovered.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
December 28, 2017, 12:55:27 PM
I have timed it well luckily I have converted my Bitcoin to Fiat Currency when it was proced around 20,000$ and currently bought back Bitcoin at the amount of 12,600$ . I have a considerable increased in terms of Bitcoin quantity. Good thing there are corrections such as this one as it can make you collect more Bitcoins in the long run. I hope that this strategy will work in the long run as increasing your position with the use of its volatility is a good way to increase your profit.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
December 28, 2017, 12:48:53 PM
I am waiting for the official announcement from the traders in the telegram group. But it seems the crypto market will continue to go down if other traders still want to sell all their owned altcoin.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 255
December 28, 2017, 12:30:58 PM
Lols, I voted for "I sold all my BTC". Yes I sold it at 15k, but wait, I'm planning to rebuy it at 8k or 10k. In this way, I could have 40% to 50% more Bitcoins than before. Be practical guys Smiley
Activity: 154
December 28, 2017, 12:06:24 PM
I think that you should not rush with the sale of bitcoins, after the holidays the price will still begin to grow, vzmozhno with less intensity, but there will not be a fall.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
December 27, 2017, 11:11:57 PM
Like most of Christmas before, cryptocurrencies prices goes down. Personally i'm holding most of my portfolio, i just dumped few altcoins that i'll buy later with lower price.

That's a good move actually because recently alts are gaining the spotlight again so better to sell some of it and hold bitcoin.
The trajectory position of bitcoin is nowhere to go so as early as now accumulate as many as you can and be ready for new ath.
However, bitcoin is crawling slowly in the market but making sure that it's in the right position.
Activity: 110
Merit: 100
December 27, 2017, 04:56:38 PM
Like most of Christmas before, cryptocurrencies prices goes down. Personally i'm holding most of my portfolio, i just dumped few altcoins that i'll buy later with lower price.
Activity: 478
Merit: 113
December 27, 2017, 04:52:26 PM
Bitcoin is not new to price corrections, I guess a lot of people have sold BTC during Xmas to convert it to fiat and pay for holidays, gifts, etc.

I am holding no matter what, absolutely.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Pre-sale - March 18
December 27, 2017, 03:51:00 PM
It is quite hard actually because i was planning on selling them at a very good price before christmas but then this market correction happen and boom the price went off but i still stand firm with my bitcoin and i will wait for its price to get back again, hoping next year Smiley
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
December 27, 2017, 01:58:52 PM
I think if you're not tough enough to deal with this situation just exchange them all to USDT and hold til you're back to work.

Do not exchange the bitcoin to USD at anytime you will find the bitcoin price bumped in the chart with in some days so selling bitcoin for USD is not a advisable option to see the profit because as we knows that bitcoin price will be bumped more than 10K usd from the value see now in the end of next year.
Every year bitcoin price bumps only in the time of Christmas but this is the first we are finding the dump due to Segwit2x activation on the bitcoin.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 27, 2017, 01:47:29 PM
I see no reason for selling my bitcoin during massive correction like "The Xmas Correction" - I'm holding my bitcoins no matter what. Cool
Funny though that everytime that there is a correction, people thinks that is the best time to sell their coins. Wake up!!! The proper time to sell your coins is during the all-time-high and not during a correction. Newbies you should read all what the guys above me is telling. Better to HOLD. Bitcoin is for long term investment. If you think that because the price is going up, it will just go on forever. You guys are entering the bitcoin market and crying everytime you see a slight drop of price.

The correction will keep happening no matter what but just because of that we should never be feared of getting into the crypto currency. The thing is we loose the current entry point of the bitcoin purchase and thus may loose much higher profits that we could earn after the correction happened in future. We don't know what the correction will bring to us, it could lead to prices to very lower points or it may happen that they never get too low. So the waiting period would be loss of time an nothing else. But on the brighter side if you put your money into it and then wait until that point then there is also possibility that price will take bigger jumps and then come down. With that said you can just grab as much profits as you want and enjoy the trade that you played like that way. :-)

So yeah 2017 Christmas correction is old thing now and everything looks normal to me. The rates are going higher again and this time it would be slow because people are still having hangover of the Christmas and no one is making investment into bitcoin yet. But they will soon and you will see the rise in the prices.

Very well said mate, correction is another picture that you have to account for, not just the price going up everyday. Sometimes the corrections that we all feared for will come, but if you have been in the market for a long time, you know that it will just goes through. The main thing is just hope and do not panic. Oh, another lessons here, since the price is dropping today, its better to enter once more. I know that there are still a lot of investors who are waiting and hoping for a correction. So another opportunity to buy it at a cheap price and just HODL because there might come a time that we are going to see another massive pump surpassing the ever goal of everyone, -$20K.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
December 27, 2017, 01:07:33 PM
The correction will keep happening no matter what but just because of that we should never be feared of getting into the crypto currency. The thing is we loose the current entry point of the bitcoin purchase and thus may loose much higher profits that we could earn after the correction happened in future. We don't know what the correction will bring to us, it could lead to prices to very lower points or it may happen that they never get too low. So the waiting period would be loss of time an nothing else. But on the brighter side if you put your money into it and then wait until that point then there is also possibility that price will take bigger jumps and then come down. With that said you can just grab as much profits as you want and enjoy the trade that you played like that way. :-)

So yeah 2017 Christmas correction is old thing now and everything looks normal to me. The rates are going higher again and this time it would be slow because people are still having hangover of the Christmas and no one is making investment into bitcoin yet. But they will soon and you will see the rise in the prices.

Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
December 27, 2017, 12:20:00 PM
I see no reason for selling my bitcoin during massive correction like "The Xmas Correction" - I'm holding my bitcoins no matter what. Cool
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 11:05:05 AM
I think if you're not tough enough to deal with this situation just exchange them all to USDT and hold til you're back to work.
Activity: 119
Merit: 14
Kawa
December 27, 2017, 07:27:08 AM
Wealth people get wealthier while other sell their Bitcoins at the low price. It's a simple re-buy for whales, bigger amount of BTC they posses the bigger profit they have.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
December 27, 2017, 06:22:12 AM
Actually, I'm long time investor so most of my coins are still in profit but this downtrend reduced a lot of my profit so not in a hurry to sell any of my coins. I will hold them for long and if possible buy some more only best coins which I think may go higher later on. Maybe wait for these holidays to finish to see a good recovery in all coin prices.

I think holding is good choice then when the price decrease to some point that we are not expected.
But in my opinion, if we still have capital, i will also prefer to buy again when it cheaps.

For those who don't have capital to buy bitcoins again, only preference is just hold. Nevertheless, If I have the capital in time, I will still prefer to buy and accumulate more in my wallet.

As you know before past prices are always increasing so you will earn soon or late just it is a matter of patience.

Quite a bold statement. There's no warranty that "prices will always increase", unless you're in a bull market. But a bull market can become a long bear market where the opposite happens: prices always decrease. Just go few years back and check the Bitcoin bear market between 2013 and 2015. Thinking the prices will always go up and that everyone can make easy money "always", is delusional.

I think before anything, we need to understand that the market is based on speculation. As such, no one really can say for certain that the price will always go up. No market has sustained a bull market for long time. However, when we see that the market is very bullish, everyone thinks that is sustainable, but it ain't and sometimes we need pullback to make the market grow.
Activity: 51
Merit: 2
December 27, 2017, 06:06:59 AM
As you know before past prices are always increasing so you will earn soon or late just it is a matter of patience.

Quite a bold statement. There's no warranty that "prices will always increase", unless you're in a bull market. But a bull market can become a long bear market where the opposite happens: prices always decrease. Just go few years back and check the Bitcoin bear market between 2013 and 2015. Thinking the prices will always go up and that everyone can make easy money "always", is delusional.
Activity: 392
Merit: 24
December 27, 2017, 05:56:33 AM
Especially there will be no problem if you are holding or buying new coins meantime.
Activity: 188
December 27, 2017, 05:52:09 AM
Actually, I'm long time investor so most of my coins are still in profit but this downtrend reduced a lot of my profit so not in a hurry to sell any of my coins. I will hold them for long and if possible buy some more only best coins which I think may go higher later on. Maybe wait for these holidays to finish to see a good recovery in all coin prices.

I think holding is good choice then when the price decrease to some point that we are not expected.
But in my opinion, if we still have capital, i will also prefer to buy again when it cheaps.
Pages:
Jump to: