Pages:
Author

Topic: 2017: The Year of Anonymous Coins - page 3. (Read 2397 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
November 21, 2016, 08:05:27 PM
Moreno is the worst coin supported only by many promoters...

Monero is takes too much figuring out. I also tried dash and all it did was freeze up on me. Have not tried zcash although they did say they found a vulnerability in ti.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
November 21, 2016, 07:41:05 PM
Moreno is the worst coin supported only by many promoters...
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
November 21, 2016, 06:43:28 PM
Monero, Dash, Komodo, Zcash, Zclassic, ShadowCoin, Zerocoin, VCash, etc...

2016 was the year of the rise and recognition of the profitability of altcoins and summer of ICOs but people are tiring out.

Most of the altcoin ICOs have gone nowhere and have no real use cases until they actually deliver on their development and it could be a long time until they get a fully working product delivered that is actually used. Even still, with all the money raised by their ICOs, you have to think.... Who will really use them? Why is the ICO's idea worth millions of dollars?

Pumping and dumping was great in 2016 and a lot of people lost and a lot of people won but the amount of money sucked from people willing to lose is growing thin. The pumps are getting weak, people are getting smarter and most newer coin releases after an ICO are sitting close to the ICO value because no one wants to sell because no one wants to buy. Volume on exchanges is decreasing at an alarming rate all across the board.

Bitcoin is the grandfather of the blockchain scene. It is getting outdated in terms of technology, but it is tried and true and works without any bells and whistles. It is a coin that ACTUALLY gets used on a global scale daily by the mass. The largest use case of Bitcoin is online commerce and transfer of value. Most of the time, the simple way of using Bitcoin is perfectly fine on websites but most people do not want to reveal their tracks or hide their balances. This is where people realize crypto's biggest use case is for most people and take it a step further by adding anonymity.

This year (2017), many people will pull their money from worthless alts with lagging development or a fake purpose. The community will finally leave them in the dust. Watching Poloniex this year, the volume of trading on over 50% of the coins listed has gone down to less than 10 BTC a day. Poloniex is full of bots so you can't even rely on those being the true numbers.

Something I have noticed that makes me realize the money is in anonymous coins in that no one ever gets hyped when someone speaks of any other coin's purpose. Everyone flips out when news hits about how development is  happening in anonymous coins. This shows what people really care about and what excites people about blockchain tech. With this potential excitement like a tank of gasoline, it only takes one successful development's spark to ignite the rush of money flowing in. Once use cases start emerging, money will flow in from other altcoins and fiat, pumping the price "To The Moon".

ZCash has had a lot of hype and Monero's development is finally seeing some light. In reality, blockchain technology is fascinating and bulletproof, but for the average Joe (IMPORTANT! Who will spend money on Crypto and bring money in!), the blockchain tech's real use and purpose is TRANSFER OF VALUE. A lot of money came in from the average Joe when the great Bitcoin hype was about how Bitcoin will be fiat's greatest enemy.

The next great hype will come from the succeeding anonymous coin that will work alongside Bitcoin to transfer value across the globe anonymously. Be careful in 2017. Take a long hard look at your positions and really ask yourself if you are being sucked into holding up the value of a coin by holding due to a false purpose of that coin. Blockchain tech is great, but doesn't always beat centralized methods and a lot of coins are creating solutions for problems that don't really exist.

DISCLAIMER:
I am a trader and watch trends and news. This is the sum of all of my experience. It may not be correct, but I wanted to share my thoughts and would like your opinions and feedback on what 2017 may be like for the crypto scene as a whole (NOT trading advice).

My current position is all in Bitcoin in a cold wallet because trading has been slowing down and it is getting harder to make money. My realization is that pumping and dumping has created a false sense of purpose for most coins. With disappointing profits for Q4 2016, it would be interesting to see if most people will be going back to Bitcoin. I sense a great altcoin "winter" coming with only coins with a purpose staying alive because money will flow from worthless coin dumps.
Pages:
Jump to: