Pages:
Author

Topic: [2018-03-15] Google to Ban Cryptocurrency Ads. Bitcoin Price Drops - page 2. (Read 273 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 521
I don't think what Google did was something negative. Google adwords used to advertise ICO and exchanges in which most of them were fake or scam. Google being the most viewed search engine has the liability of not letting people get scammed. I welcome this move by Google. Regarding btc price drop, it is more influenced by other factors like G20 summit, $400 million sell off etc btc.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
Actually, google is not banning cryptocurrency ads or any bitcoin-related they are just adding a policy just to prevent scam ICO's or any investment site if they can follow the proper guidelines from google they are free to advertise their crypto related website.

Days ago, I saw the electrum fake site and scam site that related in cryptocurrency so google just taking new action to prevent scammer to scam more investors.

Check this new policy this coming June https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803?hl=en

and read this current policy that I think affects also cryptocurrency related https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2464998?hl=en

So what you heard from the news are FUD better to check the policy from google.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
Google shocked the cryptocurrency market with its updated financial products policy. According to the announcement, the largest international corporation made up its mind to disable digital currency advertising. At the same time, the Bitcoin value keeps its previous tactics – a gradual markdown.

"We don't have a crystal ball to know where the future is going to go with cryptocurrencies, but we've seen enough consumer harm or potential for consumer harm that it's an area that we want to approach with extreme caution," Scott Spencer, Google's director of sustainable ads, told CNBC.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/google-to-ban-cryptocurrency-ads/

I don't know if the recent drop was due to google or not but one thing is for sure that this is not a good sign for the market. As one should be aware of that more than 70% search results happen on google and many ad help to boast the business for various ICO's. Also, it helps people to know about new companies and their plans. Basically it brings new customers in the market, and this ban can adversely affect the market.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
They are discriminating against BTC, that's all I have to say about their actions.
Imagine that I had a restaurant and told you that I'm not going to allow people to talk about religion in my restaurant and I won't serve priests. People would surely be protesting, saying that I'm being unreasonable. Same thing if I didn't serve homosexuals, women, and so on. I have the right to do so, but it would be unreasonable, right?
Yet google facebook and youtube are doing that every single day. They are banning stuff that is legally allowed to post and advertise!
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Every time Bitcoin drops, people automatically think it is related to negativity, but that's not the case at all. Bitcoin has been going down for quite a while now, and that basically non stop. First it was China causing the price to go down according to the media sources, then South Korea, then the SEC, and now Google - just let it go. It's a free market that depends on supply and demand, and is subject to hype, speculation, impulse buyers/sellers, etc. All these variables heavily contribute to market movements that aren't tied to a specific reason/event.

I have seen this coming from the moment Facebook did it, and that's why it doesn't surprise me. Instead, I would be surprised if Google announced that they wouldn't follow Facebook's path. People complain about early holders becoming more wealthy with the year, but do you guys even understand how that comes? It's because early holders just keep holding their coins firmly through every fud attack and correction, while noobs buy 1BTC initially, sell because of whatever fud or non event, buy back, sell, buy back, etc, to only end up with 0.15BTC due to their stupidity.
Activity: 186
Merit: 10
All hello! Google forbade the advertisement of cryptocurrency after this course of BTC went down on 3%, and other cryptocurrencies showed that they had tumbled into the range of 2-7%. whether a course will yet fall.
Activity: 966
Merit: 264
Google shocked the cryptocurrency market with its updated financial products policy. According to the announcement, the largest international corporation made up its mind to disable digital currency advertising. At the same time, the Bitcoin value keeps its previous tactics – a gradual markdown.

"We don't have a crystal ball to know where the future is going to go with cryptocurrencies, but we've seen enough consumer harm or potential for consumer harm that it's an area that we want to approach with extreme caution," Scott Spencer, Google's director of sustainable ads, told CNBC.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/google-to-ban-cryptocurrency-ads/

Pages:
Jump to: