Pages:
Author

Topic: [2018-03-23] Yahoo Japan to Launch Cryptocurrency Exchange in 2018, Says Report - page 2. (Read 251 times)

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1209
Great news that gonna increase bitcoin’s and all crypto’s price.
This is one of the biggest Japanese internet company and they are establishing a new one crypto exchange, that is definitely would be a role model for every exchange! No doubt, Japan is integrating crypto really fast, so that’s why they gonna lead this sphere.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
Japan has always shown great support to cryptocurrency and such news makes our faith more in their system. No doubt why Japan is supported as best country for crypto users, where every other country think to ban Japan has opened their doors for future possibilities. Coming up with a new exchange and supported by the government is a good news as it will provide new competition to others and better facilities to its users.
Activity: 652
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
This is good that they are planning to get their hands and resources on an exchange that will be regulated  by their country . This will only lead to inspire other countries to do the s same exact thing and make cryptos popular among their countries . But hearing such news after the alleged binance ban in Japan seems too odd to me . One way they reportedly plan to ban one of the best exchanges and on the other side they are planning their own exchange.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
Interesting. Before reading this article I wasn't aware of the fact that there's Yahoo! Japan Corporation which is actually independent from the Yahoo! we know and shares only its name and some design. It has emerged that Yahoo! Japan is the most popular website in Japan apart from google.co.jp which is used only like search engine. It's good they are going to launch their own cryptocurrency exchange, because it means they think there is a future for cryptos.
Surprising that you didn't know about the existence of Yahoo. It's good news, but it's only relevant to Japan. The problem is that most Japanese exchanges do not provide an opportunity to register residents of other countries. Also they have problems with the translation of Fiat. Most often they use Bank transfers that are very expensive and suitable for moving large sums.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
Interesting. Before reading this article I wasn't aware of the fact that there's Yahoo! Japan Corporation which is actually independent from the Yahoo! we know and shares only its name and some design. It has emerged that Yahoo! Japan is the most popular website in Japan apart from google.co.jp which is used only like search engine. It's good they are going to launch their own cryptocurrency exchange, because it means they think there is a future for cryptos.
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
Well I guess it is safe to say that the Japanese government is slowly making moves to earn out of the cryptocurrencies bandwagon, and at the same time have it thoroughly regulated. It seems to me they are trying to hit two birds with one stone. Not bad. While I do not want to think that what happened in January was staged, I would like to fully believe there are better days with Bitcoin. Otherwise, it would appear as if the government would just want to have their own cryptocurrency that is very well regulated and slowly dump Bitcoin, leaving all investors and stakeholders on a hang.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
While competition amongst exchanges is good, there seem to be a lot of companies who have no connection to cryptocurrencies or to trading trying to set up crypto exchanges. Running an exchange is definitely not child’s play. Some companies might be doing it because it boosts their valuations, but I don’t think that is the case with Yahoo Japan. There definitely will be some consolidation in this space in a year’s time.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
Yahoo Japan is planning to launch its own cryptocurrency exchange, a report indicates.

According to Nikkei Asian Review, the Japanese internet firm will take a 40 percent stake in BitARG Exchange Tokyo next month, with a plan to build a new exchange using BitARG technology in approximately a year's time.

BitARG is already licensed by Japanese financial regulator, the Financial Services Agency (FSA), the report says, and is expected to receive further investments from Yahoo Japan early in 2019.

Yahoo Japan will purchase the shares in BitARG through its subsidiary YJFX, a forex transaction platform. The 40 percent stake will cost the firm around 2 billion yen ($19 million), says Nikkei.

After the purchase, a team from YJFX are expected to kick off development of the new exchange, as well as designing systems for corporate governance, customer management and security.

The news comes as the importance of registration with the FSA to conduct exchange operations in Japan is highlighted by issues facing the major Binance exchange.

As reported this morning, the Hong-Kong-based exchange has just received a warning from the financial watchdog over its lack of registration in the country.

Zhao Changpeng, Binance's CEO, has confirmed receipt of the warning letter and said the firm is in dialogue with the agency.

Since the $533 million hack of Japanese exchange Coincheck in January, the FSA has been mandating security overhauls and cracking down on domestic crypto trading platforms that are yet to be registered.

Early this month, the agency issued month-long suspensions for two exchanges in the country.

https://www.coindesk.com/yahoo-japan-launch-cryptocurrency-exchange-2018-says-report/
Pages:
Jump to: