Pages:
Author

Topic: [2018-06-07] Bitcoin Hype ‘Has Barely Even Begun,’ Says Blockbid COO - page 2. (Read 171 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
Bitcoin can't make any kind of attack, it moves far below his performance. The thing is that doesn't give any hope. I wonder, will a new upward trend can start at the end of the year like last year.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
He Is right. There's no way we will not reach ATH again.. it's obvious we are one day returning to September prices
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
I don't see much hype around Bitcoin -- the shitshow is focusing on everything else. Most of the empty headed gamblers even tend to avoid Bitcoin because it's boring and not rewarding enough. On the other hand, that could be a positive thing if the whole shitshow comes to an end. If coin x is deemed useless and no longer profitable, capital moves to the next coin, and if Bitcoin is one of the few solid coins left, the pool of available options will be scarce and Bitcoin will directly benefit from that. I have significantly decreased my interest in the speculative side of the market and started to focus on the currency aspect, because Bitcoin is money, not a speculative toy....

To me it looks like there's not that much actual money invested in all those coins and tokens with huge marketcaps, simply because these markets mimic every movement of Bitcoin and because their marketcaps are hugely inflated by having tons of premined coins. So, if all the money from alts would be moved to Bitcoin, the total crypto market cap would be way lower than it is now. Also, for the smaller coins there's even no fiat markets, so there's no way to move the value from them into Bitcoin directly.

Also, I like to think about this market is yet another test for Bitcoin - it's constantly attacked by hundreds of coins that claim to be number one, so when this altcoin bubble will burst, people will realize that Bitcoin was objectively the best coin all along and this should deter them from throwing their money at everything new and flashy.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
I don't see much hype around Bitcoin -- the shitshow is focusing on everything else. Most of the empty headed gamblers even tend to avoid Bitcoin because it's boring and not rewarding enough. On the other hand, that could be a positive thing if the whole shitshow comes to an end. If coin x is deemed useless and no longer profitable, capital moves to the next coin, and if Bitcoin is one of the few solid coins left, the pool of available options will be scarce and Bitcoin will directly benefit from that. I have significantly decreased my interest in the speculative side of the market and started to focus on the currency aspect, because Bitcoin is money, not a speculative toy....
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
Well, although it was still an interesting reading, I actually thought I would read something different. Maybe more technical, or more exact. He just said what most of bitcoin believer (like me), already think. That bitcoin will eventually have true daily use, and when that happens the real "hype" (I don't think we can really call it that, when it's use is proved) will begin.

I just don't understand the relation with "companies will create their own internal cryptocurrencies" and "bitcoin growth". Bitcoin is suppose to work as a currency, and any kind of internal crypto will have it's own use for each company, so things are not entirely related. Maybe if those coins would be fund with bitcoin, but they could just be funded with fiat, so their success doesn't necessarily mean BTC success.
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
Blockbid COO David Sapper believes the hype surrounding Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is just getting started, and will one day permeate our everyday lives.
Full article on Bitcoinist
Pages:
Jump to: