Pages:
Author

Topic: [2018-06-26] Facebook is reversing its ban on some cryptocurrency ads - page 2. (Read 232 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Or maybe Facebook knows that they can't really stop this 100% that's why they somewhat allow some crypto ads though you have to apply for it. So its a win-win situation for both sides, Facebook gaining revenues, while legit ICO has one of the best platform to expose their project and hope that they can make it big time, they have suffered the most since social media bans crypto ads and legit projects scramble to find ways to promote their project and sadly some of them didn't took off because of less exposure.
Activity: 180
Merit: 0
While we live in a highly technological world and invest in so many inventions, we still did not have one for investing itself. i think dự án will reshape the way capital works, but it is very likely to become a major player in the investments industry, and it definitely will initiate the transformation process for ICOs. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
No one in this and not doubted. Only an idiot would give up money. Zuckerberg felt like a God. But he forgot that Facebook has other shareholders who want to make a profit. I heard that now the likelihood is that Zuckerberg will leave Facebook at all. He must have overestimated his importance.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Facebook is just going in the right direction with this move, they will allow advertising only to companies that have licenses to work with cryptcurrency and they will need to pass verification and get approval. ICO is still forbidden and this is good, too much scams in that sector and it is better for any advertisers to stay away from it. Twitter and Google will surely observe how this situation is developing, and maybe adopt a similar decision in the future.

In general this would be good for BTC and other coins, when something is forbidden on such influential services certainly sends a negative message to each potential investor. Problem of bad ads can be solved just by employment of educated people who will be able to distinguish bad from good ads.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
I think someone had to pull some serious strings to make them change their mind. Or maybe it was group effort?
What I don't like is the author of the article calling crypto market a bubble that has "declined". There's no bubble! A bubble suggests that this market is full of empty promises and will end up popping and disappearing, and we all know that it isn't so. I'd like to see that disrespectful prick's face in a year or two.

Or maybe Facebook just wanted to gain some revenue. Despite the risks, it’s obvious that there’s some serious $$$ in crypto and they wouldn’t want to miss out on that. Whoever has convinced them otherwise must have said that having crypto ads would generate more income.

I’d have to agree that the author has been wrong to describe that the crypto market is now in a ‘decline’. Why else would crypto still be alive today if the market is declining? No one would invest on something that’s declining. He obviously does not know much about the crypto market nor what a bear trend is.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
This is a good news that will affect the recovery of the bad situation in the market. We have recently been hearing ban and hacking news, we need positive and good ones. I hope this decision taken by a large company like Facebook will be an example for other companies.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
@darkangel11. Or maybe some Facebook executives have investments in the cryptospace and they are giving favors to those projects they have interests in hehehe.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
I think someone had to pull some serious strings to make them change their mind. Or maybe it was group effort?
What I don't like is the author of the article calling crypto market a bubble that has "declined". There's no bubble! A bubble suggests that this market is full of empty promises and will end up popping and disappearing, and we all know that it isn't so. I'd like to see that disrespectful prick's face in a year or two.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

Facebook is reversing its ban on cryptocurrency advertisements and will now allow some preapproved advertisers to promote crypto businesses and services, like exchanges.

Facebook banned all crypto ads on the service back in January, around the height of the bitcoin price surge, to prevent people from promoting “financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.”

Now, advertisers that are approved by Facebook through an application process can promote crypto products, though ads promoting binary options and ICOs, initial coin offerings, are still banned. Interested advertisers may have to show Facebook “licenses they have obtained, whether they are traded on a public stock exchange, and other relevant public background on their business” in order to receive permission to run crypto ads.

The crypto bubble has declined considerably since late 2017, when the price of bitcoin was close to $20,000. (This morning, it’s just above $6,000 per coin.) That sudden rise in crypto created a mad dash by consumers who wanted in on the craze, and some shady businesses were trying to capitalize by promoting scams, hence the ban by Facebook. Others like Google, Twitter and Snapchat also banned crypto ads.

But crypto still has a lot of believers, and it easy to see why Facebook wants to sell crypto ads: It’s a growing, exciting industry with a lot of potential advertisers. So long as Facebook’s users aren’t getting scammed, the company would certainly love to take on the extra ad revenue.

Plus, Facebook seems to think the crypto craze is at least somewhat legit. The company started its own internal blockchain team earlier this year to explore the technology that’s used as the foundation for all cryptocurrencies. It seems likely that Facebook will take a hard look at cryptocurrencies in the process.

Source: https://www.recode.net/2018/6/26/17505876/facebook-cryptocurrency-ads-bitcoin-ico-ban-reversed

This is really a good news I hope google adsense will also follow or even twitter for their ban of crypto advertising. This news has a huge effect and even the price dropped when the ban was announced, and now its been reversing their decision I hope the market will respond and price will back where it came from even in just 10k  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: