Pages:
Author

Topic: [2018-07-27]Charlie Lee: Bitcoin to Gold, Litecoin to Silver and XRP to Diamonds - page 2. (Read 347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
XRP is straight trash. It should be called server coin. Even if it was completely decentralized, one party holding +50 billion units is pure madness.
It still boggles my mind how people ignore its premine and invest in it. I don't care whether or not they phase out the distribution of these 'locked' coins, it still results in the same entity to hold that many coins.

The only thing people are doing with investing in XRP is making sure those behind Ripple enjoy a comfortable life as multi billionaire. People call out other coins for being premined, so why tolerating XRP?

Charlie Lee lost its mind. If I see the main character of a coin dump nearly everything and speak out like that, it's time to admit that he lost confidence and doesn't expect to gain much from it anymore. Money over purpose.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
XRP? Really compare to Diamond? LOL. And then Bitcoin to Gold? Does it mean that XRP price will take over Bitcoin? I think we really need to stop this comparison with crypto's and precious metals. We heard so much about it last year specially when bitcoin surpassed Gold's price. One thing that I really disagree is Lee comparing XRP to diamond. I don't know what's his reasoning behind, I'm literally shaking my heads right now. LOL. XRP=Diamond? Really. hahaha.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I don't agree with Lee.

Bitcoin is everything you want it to be when you refer to precious metals and other natural assets.

Litecoin has no use other than it being a cheaper and faster alternative to conduct transactions, but it will lose this niche once Bitcoin's LN is deployed on a larger scale. If you take away Litecoin's cheaper and faster confirming transactions, it has nothing left to remain relevant. It's useless other than the fact that it is a great Bitcoin testbed.

Litecoin isn't Silver because Silver in the real world experiences actual usage requiring this specific precious metal. What real world usage requires Litecoin?

XRP is straight trash. It should be called server coin. Even if it was completely decentralized, one party holding +50 billion units is pure madness.
Activity: 966
Merit: 275
It’s amazing to see a developer of another cryptocurrency commenting good concerning other cryptocurrencies instead of destroying their reputation to boost his/her own coin in the market.

This is no other person but the founder of Litecoin Charlie Lee who has said that he feels less pressure after he had sold all his Litecoins and is now concentrating on building it up. In a recent news he said that everyone should try and own at least a Bitcoin since it could be a great asset in the future. His reason for selling the Litecoin in his possession is to focus on the development of Litecoin Rather than speculating on its value in the markets. During the Asian Blockchain Summit held in Taiwan, he granted an interview about Cryptocurrencies, where he said that Bitcoin, litecoin and Xrp could be compared to gold, silver and diamond respectively.

More here, https://zycrypto.com/charlie-lee-compares-bitcoin-to-gold-litecoin-to-silver-and-xrp-to-diamonds/
Pages:
Jump to: