Pages:
Author

Topic: [2018-09-17] John Mcafee: Decentralized Exchanges Will Trigger ‘Largest Economi - page 2. (Read 264 times)

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
Decentralized exchanges involving millions of wallets residing in smartphones and other devices, distributed around the world, will bring an end to “the war governments.”

https://bitcoinist.com/john-mcafee-predicts-that-advent-of-decentralized-exchanges-will-trigger-the-largest-economic-expansion-in-history/

Wont really be that easy on having such transition and even though most people do really like to get rid of centralized exchangers due to anonymity issues but still we cant really avoid the fact between the difference of centralized ones and decentralized. Collaborating with fiat deposits and withdrawals would prefer the most and we are seeing the demand between them.Dex would just stay as it should be.
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
Sounds more to me like a illusion. The existing decentralized exchange is not going on well, like Bisq is one example. I can't imagine how this will take off.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
He's a silly billy but he does have a point here. Exchanges are still overwhelmingly centralised with all the endless problems and bullshit that brings. I'm not sure how many people realise how rare non centralised exchanges are.

Bisq and equivalents will very much need to up their game on the fiat side of things though.

But on a fundamental level, decentralized exchanges seem incompatible with fiat money. A decentralized exchange should be trustless -- multi-sig contracts or similar can secure the trade. This can be extended to stablecoins, but stablecoins are funded with money that has already been deposited into the cryptocurrency ecosystem. We need to solve deposits and withdrawals to/from the fiat ecosystem.

How can this work with trusted third parties, like with bank transfers? How can a decentralized protocol verify that a P2P cash exchange actually occurred? It seems like these things require arbitrage mechanisms to settle trader disputes that can't be done on a trustless or decentralized basis.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
He's a silly billy but he does have a point here. Exchanges are still overwhelmingly centralised with all the endless problems and bullshit that brings. I'm not sure how many people realise how rare non centralised exchanges are.

Bisq and equivalents will very much need to up their game on the fiat side of things though.
Activity: 137
Merit: 10
Decentralized exchanges involving millions of wallets residing in smartphones and other devices, distributed around the world, will bring an end to “the war governments.”

https://bitcoinist.com/john-mcafee-predicts-that-advent-of-decentralized-exchanges-will-trigger-the-largest-economic-expansion-in-history/

Pages:
Jump to: