Pages:
Author

Topic: [2018-1-1]Bitcoin's gender divide could be a bad sign, experts say - page 2. (Read 228 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
There is nothing strange in that. Men are always number one in technologies, with auto transport and robots it is the same. How many women are interested in such things? Also few. Well, I am a girl which can be included in this 3.43% and I can admit that in the most beginning when my husband was trying to involve me I thought that's all crap for nerds. I suppose many of girls thought the same.

History showed us that men are more pioneering in spirit compared to women and I am assuming that men are more into risk-taking compared to women. However, I believe that there are now more women into cryptocurrency compared to the first five years of Bitcoin. And we need to encourage more women to be part of the world of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to balance things out. Maybe at least 70% men and 30% can be good enough for the next three to five years though if we can go beyond the number then much better. Now, the next question is: How can we encourage more women to participate in the Bitcoin movement given the its volatility aspect?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
No one is stopping women from "engaging".

Its an open-source project, the clients are free to download as is the codebase.

If they CHOOSE not to, it isn't on anyone in the Bitcoin ecosystem to have "woman engagement quotas". Just another article pushing the usual "inclusive" agenda without understanding what both genders prefer. The cherry on top is how this is supposed to "prove" its a bubble.

Hey idiots, we've been through several massive rallies and declines over the years - look at a long term chart and do some fucking research next time.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
That's the most stupid thing i have ever read, if anything, it shows the opposite, that it's not too much mainstream yet
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
There is nothing strange in that. Men are always number one in technologies, with auto transport and robots it is the same. How many women are interested in such things? Also few.
Well, I am a girl which can be included in this 3.43% and I can admit that in the most beginning when my husband was trying to involve me I thought that's all crap for nerds. I suppose many of girls thought the same.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 3911
Women will get more involved in the cryptocurrency world when — and if — it becomes less risky

Cryptocurrency is a form of digital currency traded between people or used to purchase goods outside of banks or government regulation — that's part of what makes it risky. Figuring out exactly who is putting money into this kind of asset is difficult because part of the attraction of investing in the crypto realm is the assurance of anonymity.

But survey after survey backs up what the anecdotal evidence suggests — women are underrepresented.  

Google Analytics results put the divide at 96.57 per cent men to 3.43 per cent women.

That's a huge red flag to Duncan Stewart, research director of Deloitte Canada's technology division.

"It isn't merely that the value has risen as far and as fast as it has; it's the fact that it's 97 per cent men — that is, in and of itself, a potential danger sign," he says.

"There are studies out there that suggest men are predisposed towards bubbles in a way that women are not."

Stewart made his case in a recent online post about the subject. Stewart said he "cannot think of any security, currency or asset class in history that shows that extreme a gender divide and has been sustainable."

Source http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bitcoin-s-gender-divide-could-be-a-bad-sign-experts-say-1.4458884
Pages:
Jump to: