Pages:
Author

Topic: [2019-04-13] What Russia’s ‘Digital Iron Curtain’ Means for Bitcoin Users - page 2. (Read 341 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
According to proposed regulations, the government wants to restrict Russian traders to local crypto exchanges and also only allow “qualified” investors – e.g., those with a degree in economics and a certificate from the government – to trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!? With that kind of regulation they are exactly doing the exact opposite of what other countries are doing where they allow their citizens to trade and try to limit money from their financial institutions coming in. Why the hell do you need a degree in economics for before you trade legally when we all know most of the economists out here are close minded when it comes to the crypto market itself. They are setting the motion backwards here and I doubt that there is really a big threat in their country to do such thing.

I guess their logic is that trading is a zero-sum game and that uneducated people will generally lose their money with it, so the government should protect them. They also distrust Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, because they generally very suspicious of every technology that didn't originate from Russia, as they think there's a risk that it comes from the Western security services and they've put some backdoors into it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
The government of Russia seems to be pursuing a tough anti-people policy aimed at restricting its citizens from world news and other information. We see that the global information system Internet in Russia is subject to censorship and persecution. Having the right to choose the information offered and the opportunity
censoring the incoming information, the Russian government will be very easy to control the minds of its citizens.
Regulation of cryptocurrency in Russia is part of such a plan. Therefore, it is not surprising that they are going to put on an "iron curtain" there as well on cryptocurrency. To allow cryptocurrency to be owned only by persons who will be licensed by the government means the same total control over citizens and not only in the information plan, but also in the field of finance.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 655
According to proposed regulations, the government wants to restrict Russian traders to local crypto exchanges and also only allow “qualified” investors – e.g., those with a degree in economics and a certificate from the government – to trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!? With that kind of regulation they are exactly doing the exact opposite of what other countries are doing where they allow their citizens to trade and try to limit money from their financial institutions coming in. Why the hell do you need a degree in economics for before you trade legally when we all know most of the economists out here are close minded when it comes to the crypto market itself. They are setting the motion backwards here and I doubt that there is really a big threat in their country to do such thing.

I don't think that they'll actually regulate the traders that way. It looks too hilarious to be true. Within the past few years, we've seen a lot of "fake" news by such websites and I think that it's just another one of them. Even if someone has "proposed" such regulations", I'm sure that they won't get approved.
When we do try to look at on their proposal or that kind of regulation it is really quite odd compared into most common regulations on where most countries are doing.I fully
agree on the thing been said above on why the heck it would really be needed to have that Economics degree for you to trade on? Thats way more too choking for possible traders out there locally.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

I don't think that they'll actually regulate the traders that way. It looks too hilarious to be true. Within the past few years, we've seen a lot of "fake" news by such websites and I think that it's just another one of them. Even if someone has "proposed" such regulations", I'm sure that they won't get approved.
Activity: 117
Merit: 0
What Russia’s ‘Digital Iron Curtain’ Means for Bitcoin Users

The Russian Duma approved a bill that would enable the country to have a “Great Firewall” or “Iron Curtain” similar to what China has. The result of the law is that, whenever the government wants to, it can censor all incoming and outgoing traffic traveling through state-owned channels.

https://www.ccn.com/what-russias-digital-iron-curtain-means-for-bitcoin-users

For crypto users, this would undoubtedly mean that all of their transactional traffic could become known to the government at any time. Then why do we need crypto Huh
Activity: 854
Merit: 104

In today's Russia, in this corrupt country where oligarchic clans rule, there can be no other way. They can also adopt a bill that is in their possession on imposing criminal liability for the use of cryptocurrency by "unqualified" users. I did not expect anything else from the Putin regime. Directly, it is inconvenient for them to completely ban cryptocurrency after Putin and the other top leaders of the country extolled it and in fact introduced the same prohibition in a slightly different way. I'm surprised-Putin has a lie everywhere.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
What Russia’s ‘Digital Iron Curtain’ Means for Bitcoin Users

The Russian Duma approved a bill that would enable the country to have a “Great Firewall” or “Iron Curtain” similar to what China has. The result of the law is that, whenever the government wants to, it can censor all incoming and outgoing traffic traveling through state-owned channels.

https://www.ccn.com/what-russias-digital-iron-curtain-means-for-bitcoin-users
Pages:
Jump to: