Pages:
Author

Topic: [2019-04-23] SoftBank Founder Masayoshi Son Lost $130 Million on Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 286 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
I can't believe a professional financier would buy at the emptiest peak of all time and then sell when it's in the toilet. There's now enough track record to at least get a little taste of what might happen in either direction.

A friend of a friend reportedly lost his mind after betting something like £300,000 with similar timing. When they told me I just said 'wut? Why not wait?'. I think everyone should have a complete market cycle uploaded into their mind a la the Matrix before making their first buy.

i'm sure glad they don't! these people put food on my table. the existence of impatient, greedy, and fearful investors is the reason why the rest of us can profit from trading the markets and also accumulate cheap for the next cycle.

someone's gotta sell the bottom! Cheesy

(although apparently he sold out in early 2018 long before the crash to $3ks. he must have had a massive position)
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I can't believe a professional financier would buy at the emptiest peak of all time and then sell when it's in the toilet. There's now enough track record to at least get a little taste of what might happen in either direction.

A friend of a friend reportedly lost his mind after betting something like £300,000 with similar timing. When they told me I just said 'wut? Why not wait?'. I think everyone should have a complete market cycle uploaded into their mind a la the Matrix before making their first buy.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son reportedly lost $130 million of his personal fortune with bitcoin

Masayoshi Son, the billionaire founder of SoftBank Group Corp., made a huge personal bet on bitcoin just as prices for the digital currency peaked, losing more than $130 million when he sold out, according to people familiar with the matter.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/softbank-founder-masayoshi-son-reportedly-lost-130-million-of-his-personal-fortune-with-bitcoin-2019-04-23

Buy high, sell low happens also to the super rich  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: