Pages:
Author

Topic: [2019-07-12] $2.28 Billion - Estimated loss caused by Crypto Crimes - page 2. (Read 374 times)

legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
I'm shocked to see that this much money has been lost due to crimes  Shocked in only 2 years...

The South Korean Justice Ministry estimates that cryptocurrency-related crimes have caused 2.69 trillion won (about $2.28 billion) of financial damage between July 2017 and June 2019.

Continue reading here: Article

For comparison,that's approximately 217k of BTC which is insane.I guess most of these are concerning exchange hacks, which lead to the conclusion that crypto platforms should really step up their game to reduce the losses...

What do you think?

I think it is yet another bullshit article trying to make you believe that cryptocurrencies are the criminals and terrorists safe haven
the figures itself are retarded and are taken from the Korean government estimates of the damage caused
2.28 bil USD , do not make me laugh , this is not even remotely close to not being a ridiculously overblown figure and we are speaking about hundreds if not thousands times more
this is simply not true , period
if you believe that in two years criminals managed to incur damage that equals , roughly ,  the GDP of Great Britain - you have to get your brain checked
Activity: 840
Merit: 375
I'm shocked to see that this much money has been lost due to crimes  Shocked in only 2 years...

The South Korean Justice Ministry estimates that cryptocurrency-related crimes have caused 2.69 trillion won (about $2.28 billion) of financial damage between July 2017 and June 2019.

Continue reading here: Article

For comparison,that's approximately 217k of BTC which is insane.I guess most of these are concerning exchange hacks, which lead to the conclusion that crypto platforms should really step up their game to reduce the losses...

What do you think?

Pages:
Jump to: