Pages:
Author

Topic: [2019-11-12] Bitcoin Mining IPO Could be the New Gold Rush - page 2. (Read 253 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
I doubt it. People now understand that bitcoin mining isn't necessarily something that will get you rich quick.

These are mining hardware manufacturers, not merely miners. Bitcoin-related stocks can also sail pretty high just on the basis of greater fools and pure hype.

Take the example of Bioptix, Inc. Their company and share price was in the dump, then in October 2017 they changed their name to Riot Blockchain, Inc. and began mining bitcoins and investing in blockchain companies.

The price of RIOT went up 800% over the next two months.

There are plenty of stock market investors who will seek out exposure to the Bitcoin markets this way.
copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
With the onward coming of different companies, IPO is one of the things they would want to do. Depending on the reasons on why they want to go public, it would be beneficial for them. So having an IPO could improve their current situations now. The benefits are a lot and what I could think of are:
  • Increase in capital
    • More and more people would have a chance to invest in the company
  • Liquidity for investors and employees
  • More people would recognize the company

I do think it would be beneficial for everyone who believes in Bitcoin to be used because it's going to be exposed to more people who would probably invest in it too. We still have to wait for that to happen. I hope you could update this also if anything happens.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
It might only be a gold rush to the manufacturers of the Asic hardware themselves because money collected from their IPO will signify expansion of the business hehe.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
I doubt it. People now understand that bitcoin mining isn't necessarily something that will get you rich quick.

IPOs also pose more restrictive measures in terms of investors, since investors will likely have to have a higher minimum investment as well as thorough KYC. This is much higher barriers to invest compared to, say, an ICO or even an IEO.

Perhaps institutional investors will scoop up the equities, but if not, I don't see it generating as much hype as you imply.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
This is going to be very interesting:
Two bitcoin mining giants are fighting for the US market.
Bitcoin mining giants Bitmain Technologies and Canaan Creative seem to have found a new area of competition — launching a U.S. IPO. Both companies are set to go head to head in trying to one-up the other in what could be the first-ever crypto-related public offering in the United States.

Both companies had a rough 2018 with bear markets and failed IPO attempts in China affecting them. Canaan's reported net revenue for the first 9 months of 2019 was less than a half of what it was the year earlier and Bitmain closing down its Israeli office and laying off 50 percent of its workforce.
Nevertheless ,their chip prepayments to TSMS have increased , so this could be a signal for recovery.
Read more here: https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/chinese-mining-giants-file-for-ipo
Pages:
Jump to: