Pages:
Author

Topic: 2019-20 EuroLeague Basketball (Read 523 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
March 05, 2020, 11:02:11 AM
from four teams with twelve wins, two are in action tonight - Zalgiris is playing in St Petersburg, which is tough for them, but could handle it in this state of form and Valencia has home match with Olimpia, easy task for them, Olympiakos and Khimki have much more issues tomorrow, with Efes and Fenerbahce, respectively, think that Fenerbahce will win over Khimki and secure top8 tomorrow
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
March 03, 2020, 07:52:43 PM
today, Valencia is playing in Lyon, but i do not expect them to win, Olimpia will loose their chances today with Real, and most interesting will be between Zalgiris and Khimki, in case of win, Zalgiris has a good position to be within top 8 at the end, as well, Khimki could protect their position with a win
one of the most interesting seasons in Euroleague, for a top 8 positions
Zalgiris won against Khimki quite easy. They have good run and great chances to reach Top 8. It's something unexpected, because not long time ago they were in the bottom of table. I'm fan of their main rival, so it's not fun for me to see such performance.
While Khimki is biggest disappointment for me. I expected that they will reach Top 8 easy. But with Alexey "wannabe Harden" Shved and no defence it will be difficult to make.
And yeah, in modern era of Euroleague, I can't remember such fight for TOP 8
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
March 03, 2020, 07:45:00 AM
Red Star is playing with Baskonia tonight, in a fight for top 8, Olympiakos is playing in Izrael with Maccabi, and Fener is playing tomorrow with Valencia, both teams in a group of teams that are trying to reach top8, as well as Zalgiris that is playing with Olimpia, also both teams in the group, and easiest job in this round is for Khimki, that is playing home match with Lyon...
still think that Fener will go through, and probably Valencia as well, nevertheless Khimki could be in top 8 instead

Fener won last week in Valencia, and tomorrow have home match with Red Star, that could bring them back in top 8
today, Valencia is playing in Lyon, but i do not expect them to win, Olimpia will loose their chances today with Real, and most interesting will be between Zalgiris and Khimki, in case of win, Zalgiris has a good position to be within top 8 at the end, as well, Khimki could protect their position with a win
one of the most interesting seasons in Euroleague, for a top 8 positions
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
February 27, 2020, 08:30:27 AM
Red Star is playing with Baskonia tonight, in a fight for top 8, Olympiakos is playing in Izrael with Maccabi, and Fener is playing tomorrow with Valencia, both teams in a group of teams that are trying to reach top8, as well as Zalgiris that is playing with Olimpia, also both teams in the group, and easiest job in this round is for Khimki, that is playing home match with Lyon...
still think that Fener will go through, and probably Valencia as well, nevertheless Khimki could be in top 8 instead
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
February 21, 2020, 04:08:28 PM
Fenerbahce is within top eight, after start that should be forgotten and tonight they play with Real Madrid, will be interesting, i think that they will win and certainly stay in top 8, which will be challenging for top teams, Efes as number 1, if they would be eight

for me, just one spot for TOP8 is left open, and Olympiakos and Valencia are in a fight for it...

I think that Oympiacos doesn't deserve to get the 8th position and qualify to the play offs.
Fenerbahce has better quality and they deserve more to get the 8th place, but in my opinion they have more of a difficult schedule than Olympiacos in the remaining regular season.

yep, agree, and could not believed that Fener lost the match from Real with that difference, but other are also losing, and there is four teams with 11 wins, from which one will go through in top 8, still think that Fener has most chances to be that one...
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
February 21, 2020, 05:39:03 AM
Fenerbahce is within top eight, after start that should be forgotten and tonight they play with Real Madrid, will be interesting, i think that they will win and certainly stay in top 8, which will be challenging for top teams, Efes as number 1, if they would be eight

for me, just one spot for TOP8 is left open, and Olympiakos and Valencia are in a fight for it...

I think that Oympiacos doesn't deserve to get the 8th position and qualify to the play offs.
Fenerbahce has better quality and they deserve more to get the 8th place, but in my opinion they have more of a difficult schedule than Olympiacos in the remaining regular season.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
February 20, 2020, 07:39:05 PM

And got simply trashed by Real Madrid at home 65:94.
Anyway, despite this loss, Fener is close to Top 8. But it will be tough, because so many teams fighting for last spots in playoffs - Valencia, Khimki, Fenerbahche, Olympiakos, Olimpia, Crvena Zvezda,Zalgiris. There is just 1-2 wins between these teams. End of regular season will be amazing.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
February 20, 2020, 11:15:03 AM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
February 05, 2020, 10:05:09 AM
Looks anadolu efes will keep the point distance between their opponents till the end. lets see will they be able to stay till final four  Smiley
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
November 29, 2019, 08:40:56 PM
Very interesting round this week.
Shane Larkin from Anadolou Efes just beat all time Euroleague scoring record with 49 points. He also made 10 of 12 three pointers, what is also new record. Incredible. And his team trashed Bayern 104:75. You can watch Larkin highlights here:
https://youtu.be/gY_18UVD8iQ
CSKA Moscow unexpected trashed Barcelona 67:96 at their home court.
Seems that Fenerbahche is back on track, this time they beat Khimki.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
November 22, 2019, 04:35:43 PM
seems that Fener is back tonight with a win, they had bad schedule for the start, they had already away matches in Madrid, Moscow, Barcelona, Milano, all top teams, which are hard to win even in much better shape than this one
but in Villeurbanne everything looks fine, this could be start of their winning strike to get back in upper half of the league and Top8
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
November 21, 2019, 05:58:09 PM
Completely forgot about this thread, thanks @casperBGD for bumping it.
Teams already played 9-10 games and I want to share some thoughts.
I didn't expected to see Efes at the top, I thought that they are just one season wonder, but seems that they are serious contender this year also.
Barca with their squad full of stars playing as they should. Real and CSKA are solid as always, despite few loses.
After team rebuild with Messina Olimpia Milano looks great. And solid reukts of Maccabi is biggest surprise for me. Despite that Asvel is new team in Euroleague and their squad isn't impressive, they playing well and can reach playoffs.

I don't think that you need to worry about Fenerbahche much.

i must say that i am surprised that Fener is still sitting on two wins in Euroleague this season, or to put it another way, on seven loses, since more than 12-13 loses could question position within first five teams, and it would be hard to see them to win all matches from one point, one or two loses are expected even if they are in best form..
Yes, I believed that it's just slow start, but seems that their problems is much bigger. Zeljko is desperate and he is so disappointed about his players. If they won't improve, they barely will reach playoffs.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
November 21, 2019, 04:38:18 PM

I don't think that you need to worry about Fenerbahche much.

i must say that i am surprised that Fener is still sitting on two wins in Euroleague this season, or to put it another way, on seven loses, since more than 12-13 loses could question position within first five teams, and it would be hard to see them to win all matches from one point, one or two loses are expected even if they are in best form..
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
October 19, 2019, 07:12:34 PM
I don't know whats going on with Fenerbahce, nando de colo plays like he suppose to and looks like he hasn't lost any steps yet they are still not doing that well.

I can understand that they have been losing players to NBA for years now (starting with bogdanovic and ekpe udoh of course and many ever since than) and they have to basically build a new team every single year which hurts the chemistry a bit, however they had been playing with sloukas and gigi datome and vesely for years now, melih comes from bench and helps out a lot (been one of the highest scorers of the tournament with the national team as well) so they have a good core, having nando de colo playing so well in that system as well should have meant 3-0 instead of 1-2, maybe they will get better with time but this doesn't look like the 5 in a row final four Fenerbahce to me.
I don't think that you need to worry about Fenerbahche much. Start of season isn't easy for them, but one loss (against Real) van be justified because it's very solid team. It's common thing when big teams are struggling in early part of season, especially if there was big changes in their squad. Give them some time, I'm certain that we will see Fener in F4.
@efialtis, yeah, PAO results is disappointing so far. But I'm not surprised about OLY, before season I didn't expected that they can fight for spot in TOP 8. But they're planning to make some changes in their squad.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
October 19, 2019, 12:07:36 PM
I don't know whats going on with Fenerbahce, nando de colo plays like he suppose to and looks like he hasn't lost any steps yet they are still not doing that well.

I can understand that they have been losing players to NBA for years now (starting with bogdanovic and ekpe udoh of course and many ever since than) and they have to basically build a new team every single year which hurts the chemistry a bit, however they had been playing with sloukas and gigi datome and vesely for years now, melih comes from bench and helps out a lot (been one of the highest scorers of the tournament with the national team as well) so they have a good core, having nando de colo playing so well in that system as well should have meant 3-0 instead of 1-2, maybe they will get better with time but this doesn't look like the 5 in a row final four Fenerbahce to me.
October 19, 2019, 04:45:10 AM
So, third round of Euroleague ended, and there is only two teams without defeats left - it's CSKA Moscow and Barcelona.
Meanwhile Real Madrid got first loss surprisingly - they lost Zalgiris Kauna and it was first win this season for Zalgiris.
Fenerbahche finally got first win - they beat Baskonia in close game.
And here is most amazing game winner shot that you will see this year - Klemen Prepelic from 3/4 court:
https://youtu.be/-uTyWm6PKYE
(It's not Euroleague, but Eurocup, 2nd tier European competition.

Zalgiris Kaunas wasn't expected to win Real Madrid.
The Lithuanians are always a considerable opponent, personally I think that their best weapon are the 3point shots and if they get great pace in the game they dominate every team easily.
legendary
Activity: 1750
www.gosubetting.com
October 19, 2019, 04:42:26 AM
So, third round of Euroleague ended, and there is only two teams without defeats left - it's CSKA Moscow and Barcelona.
Meanwhile Real Madrid got first loss surprisingly - they lost Zalgiris Kauna and it was first win this season for Zalgiris.
And here is most amazing game winner shot that you will see this year - Klemen Prepelic from 3/4 court:

Thanks for the summary bro - surprisingly bad results for the Greek teams so far - PAO suffering another defeat and Oly loosing vs Zenit yesterday, too.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
October 18, 2019, 06:16:07 PM
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
October 08, 2019, 03:00:44 PM
By the way, I am AEK and we do have some ambition this season even though we got raped in round one vs Panathinaikos... the season is long. Wink
I think it will be almost impossible to beat PAO in Greek league, but I think AEK have pretty good chances to win Basketball Champions league. I would like to see them playing in higher tier competition - Euroleague or Eurocup at least, but they have chosen FIBA competition.
October 08, 2019, 12:48:44 PM
Of all these teams, which do you think is the favorite to win in this competition? The leader of the top standings is CSKA Moscow, actually there are 8 teams under CSKA Moscow who are also in Round 1. it's just different finish points.

EuroLeague 2019-20 clubs:

ALBA Berlin
Anadolu Efes
AX Armani Exchange Olimpia Milan
Crvena zvezda mts
CSKA Moscow
FC Barcelona Lassa
FC Bayern Munich
Fenerbahce Beko
Khimki Moscow Region
KIROLBET Baskonia
LDLC ASVEL Villeurbanne
Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv
Olympiacos
Panathinaikos OPAP
Real Madrid
Valencia
Zalgiris Kaunas
Zenit Saint Petersburg

CSKA is actually the bigger favorite.
If I were to bet for the Euroleague winner this season I would go for Real Madrid. I believe there is a lot talent in this team and they can beat CSKA in a knockout game.
Pages:
Jump to: