Pages:
Author

Topic: 2021-03-12 Coindesk - Bitcoin Not a Long-Term Allocation, Says Man Group CEO - page 2. (Read 233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
I wonder has he heard of Michael Saylor? or any of Michaels "teachings" about how FIAT
is devaluing and that the only long-term allocation is Bitcoin?

of course we here at BCT are pro Bitcoin and we like positivity but I suppose there will always
be opposing thoughts on Bitcoin, that isnt going to disappear.
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
And yet he considers fiat to be a long term allocation?  Who is he kidding?  Something guaranteed to lose 2-2000% of value every year.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
@acquafredda. Hehe I also understand what you are telling everyone. News media sites have a way of deforming the real story for clickbait and reactions.

In any case, this Man Group CEO is correct if considering the price of bitcoin at present. However, if he bought bitcoin on 2015, he would be telling us a different story hehehehe.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
We are in March and not in February anymore, fix the date in the title.
Done thank for letting me know.
@acquafredda. However, the service of traders as liquidity providers for bitcoin and the whole cryptospace should be acknowledged as positive. There should also be more of them to provide more liquidity and more price stability for the users.
I know but I usually cannot stand when somebody talks without knowing the full picture.
True that we need more of them and that is for a good service but, hey, words for me are very important.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
@acquafredda. However, the service of traders as liquidity providers for bitcoin and the whole cryptospace should be acknowledged as positive. There should also be more of them to provide more liquidity and more price stability for the users.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
We are in March and not in February anymore, fix the date in the title.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
Luke Ellis, CEO of U.K. hedge fund Man Group, sees bitcoin as a trading instrument rather than a long-term asset allocation.
Appearing on CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Friday, Ellis revealed that he had "dabbled" in bitcoin but sees himself as a trader rather than a HODler. "I see it as a trading instrument, so we trade around it and try to provide some liquidity into the market," he told CNBC's Andrew Ross Sorkin.
Ellis also said he did not think it was necessary for companies to hold bitcoin on their balance sheets, describing this as "confusing" considering the business use case relative to the inherent speculation.

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-not-a-long-term-allocation-says-man-group-ceo

To each his own. If Luke Ellis never heard of the Bitcoin Standard and failed to recognize the very different properties of money that Bitcoin has, nobody will stop him to trade as we need traders as well as hodlers.
I see it as a long-term allocation but, of course, I am biased.
Pages:
Jump to: