Pages:
Author

Topic: 2021-06-23 Forbes - Say Goodbye To Bitcoin And Say Hello To The Digital Dollar - page 2. (Read 237 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417
The Senate Banking committee's hearing on the digital dollar two weeks ago was not only a public exploration and introduction to the concept a central bank-backed digital currency, the hearing was also used as a platform to publicly assassinate the viability of the private ("bogus" in the words of Senator Warren) cryptocurrency market (bitcoin, stablecoins, etc.).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanrich/2021/06/23/say-goodbye-to-bitcoin-and-say-hello-to-the-digital-dollar/

Great! The digital dollar, and with it all the central bank digital currencies, are the new "blockchain" sneak oil, if you know what I mean!
While the wise man watches and observes the moon, the fool continues to watch the finger.
That is good, they are still missing the point. In any case, digital dollar, stablecoin etc. are just replacements for old currencies.
Bitcoin is a revolutionary protocol that cannot fear this thin and sterile challenge.
Onward and upward.

This was predicted by many people. I am still not so sure that they will be able get rid of bitcoin so easily but on the other hand I am thinking, maybe they are the same guys that let the tether scam happening so they can use it against bitcoin when the shit hits the fan.

We will see how it will turn out in the end, hopefully soon.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
Nothing actually changes in value.

It's still the same and people who are looking positively on it, well. Yeah, you have digital dollar and China got the digital transactions before they even implement this digital dollar.

Nice Forbes! invest now in your digital dollar.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
The sooner they die, the better. 

Actually I'm not convinced that CB IOUs will be better than the current stable coins. The CBDCs may have "lovely" features like seizing the money of your wallet, features the current stable coins most probably don't have.
By no mean this would mean that current stablecoins are any good, especially as they are most probably not properly backed.

I'm curious how many will "invest" into digital dollar LOL
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
I might be alone on this one, but I'm actually hoping a digital dollar (if it happens) does result in the demise of corporate stablecoins.  People sometimes compare fiat to IOUs.  But at least they're the original IOU.  Not a secondary IOU that supposedly represents the primary one, but likely isn't backed 1:1, so you don't actually know whether your secondary IOU represents anything useful at all.

If it weren't for laziness and ignorance, stablecoins would never have gained traction to begin with.  The sooner they die, the better. 
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
Let's see how many large institutional investors would be going to support that since that digital currency is just like XRP. They clearly missed the point how blockchain and Bitcoin works. I think they were just trying to make the progress faster without even considering to further increase their knowledge about how blockchain and Bitcoin works.

Talking about stable coins is just the same to these stable coins we have had ever since Bitcoin exist.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
The Senate Banking committee's hearing on the digital dollar two weeks ago was not only a public exploration and introduction to the concept a central bank-backed digital currency, the hearing was also used as a platform to publicly assassinate the viability of the private ("bogus" in the words of Senator Warren) cryptocurrency market (bitcoin, stablecoins, etc.).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanrich/2021/06/23/say-goodbye-to-bitcoin-and-say-hello-to-the-digital-dollar/

Great! The digital dollar, and with it all the central bank digital currencies, are the new "blockchain" sneak oil, if you know what I mean!
While the wise man watches and observes the moon, the fool continues to watch the finger.
That is good, they are still missing the point. In any case, digital dollar, stablecoin etc. are just replacements for old currencies.
Bitcoin is a revolutionary protocol that cannot fear this thin and sterile challenge.
Onward and upward.
Pages:
Jump to: